PDA

View Full Version : RTTC II Tech inspection

carguy502
02-14-2011, 09:34 PM
OK guys,

I have been getting my Nova ready for RTTC for the past couple of days now and I realized that I have not been following any particular sanctionong body guidelines. As this is my first event of this type, are there certain guidelines I should follow? I have teched the car for NHRA drags, so besides a helmet, belts, and good operating condition, what should I do?

Flash68
02-15-2011, 02:07 AM
Found on the Musclerides.com site:

2011 Official Rules for RTTC, RTTS, RTMC and RTTHs

Posted by admin on Dec 30, 2010 in News & Updates | 2 comments

OK, for those that have asked, I have written the official rules for participating in the racing portion of the events.
Guys, these are pretty simple, but will be enforced. PLEASE, this is a racing event, have your car ready to go when you get there. I don’t have time to hunt down a strap to get your battery secure.
To participate in the racing portion of the events in 2011, you must comply with the following rules.

1. Tire Wear rating has to be 200 or greater. While you can complete with a TW of 199 or less, you will be disqualified from competing for win, or points.
2. All cars are required to have some form of seatbelts for driver and any passengers. While factory belts are a minimum, we perfer 5 point belts, for your safety.
3. No floormats, or anything lose allowed in passenger or trunk compartments during race. No exceptions, please have your car properly prepared before tech so you will not be held up and we will not waste time having to recheck your car.
4. Brake pedal will be checked for proper pedal pressure, car must have all lugs and lugnuts on wheels, batteries must be clamped in properly.
5. Cars must have working lights, tag and insurance. have proper paperwork ready when in tech.
6. Helmets are required for all drivers and riders. Don’t ask, you must have them to be in car on track. Also, remind all riders to keep hands, arms, etc inside car at all times.
7. Tech will consist of a general check of car to be sure it is safe for track time. Any decision by tech is final. If you know our car has a questionable issue, ask now or fix it. We can not risk a questionable car, you will simply be asked to not participate.

8. PLEASE EVERYONE READ THIS CAREFULLY!
a. ONLY one driver per car, if you are participating for the win and points. IF you simply have your car there and are letting everyone drive, that is fine, but let us know that is the deal so we can score it that way.

The only exception to this rule is this: We are having a MEDIA/VENDOR class running also. Your car can run in both classes, with different drivers, as long as you have paid for the regular class and we KNOW who is doing the driving duties for each class. You will be responsible to see that the proper number is being displayed every run or your car will not get proper credits.
b. ONLY one car per driver, if you are competing for win and points. It is OK to drive more than one car in the competition, however, you must let us know which car you are running in for the win. Any other car you drive will be for exhibition only and no points will be scored in it. In other words, you can not come in first and second in a competition, only one car for scoring purposes.

9. 16 year old and older please, driver and passenger. Our insurance just will not allow any one younger.

carguy502
02-15-2011, 07:53 AM
Thanks for the post. I never thought to search musclerides. I probably need to join that web site...

If anyone else is new to this, read up and you will not miss out on a chance to run your car.

chr2002ca
02-15-2011, 11:47 AM
9. 16 year old and older please, driver and passenger. Our insurance just will not allow any one younger.

How disappointing it must have been for Matt(69MSA) to read through all those requirements and then get screwed at the very end.

<can't wait to read Matt's response, look for keywords like Metamucil, Geritol, and stool softener> :)

Flash68
02-15-2011, 11:59 AM
How disappointing it must have been for Matt(69MSA) to read through all those requirements and then get screwed at the very end.

<can't wait to read Matt's response, look for keywords like Metamucil, Geritol, and stool softener> :)

Haha. Ouch!

Matt@BOS
02-15-2011, 01:34 PM

Haha. Ouch!

It's okay. There's quite a common misconception about my age. Many of you probably don't know, but the Curious Case of Benjamin Button was actually based off of my life. That's right, I'm so old F. Scott Fitzgerald wrote about me back in the '20s.

Please, take it easy on me in the future though. Just remember it is a wonder that I figured out how to use these darned computers and those internets.

Matt

Bryce
02-15-2011, 02:04 PM
it's okay. There's quite a common misconception about my age. Many of you probably don't know, but the curious case of benjamin button was actually based off of my life. That's right, i'm so old f. Scott fitzgerald wrote about me back in the '20s.

Please, take it easy on me in the future though. Just remember it is a wonder that i figured out how to use these darned computers and those internets.

Matt

ahahaha

chr2002ca
02-15-2011, 02:31 PM
You took it easy on me Matt. I appreciate that. I guess you could sense the jealousy and felt pity for me. Yep, I once had youth, and then my car took it from me, along with my money and my frickin soul.

See you in a few days bro!

Flash68
02-15-2011, 02:41 PM
Hey however old you guys are, you're doin something right... Some nice azz cars! See ya'all soon...

YancyJohns
02-15-2011, 04:46 PM
I recieved a signed permission slip from Matt dad attached to his entry form this year, along with his driving permit requiring an adult driver to be in the vehicle at all times......I had to jump in on this one...lol

Nessumsar
02-15-2011, 04:55 PM
I think Matts older than I am... :/

Matt@BOS
02-15-2011, 06:53 PM
I recieved a signed permission slip from Matt dad attached to his entry form this year, along with his driving permit requiring an adult driver to be in the vehicle at all times......I had to jump in on this one...lol

Does this mean I'm not allowed on the road course?

Anyway, I just want to make things clear, this year I have a full license which allows me to purchase Tennessee Ground Water!

Matt

SLO_Z28
02-15-2011, 08:10 PM
I think Matts older than I am... :/

And I think you're older than I am, old man.

This isnt going to be like a NHRA inspection is it? Those guys go overkill on the stupidest stuff.

DFRESH
02-16-2011, 12:53 PM

LOL---nice.

Doug

sik68
02-16-2011, 02:59 PM
I'll be representing the tail end of Gen Y as well. Youth and skill ftw!

CurtiSS 69
02-21-2011, 11:04 AM
Since the event won't get started until tech is done here is a simple short list of things to help the process:

1) When you arrive and park: Open your hood and trunk, and don't lock the doors. Keep the steering column unlocked as well. Not doing these things is a show stopper.

2) The only loose item in your car should be your helmet. Any loose items you have or will bring to the event put them in a weathproof garbage bag so they can be quickily when you get to the track. This includes floor mats, cd's tools, etc...

3) Make sure all caps and beauty rings are off before walking away from the car to the drivers meeting, or bench racing sessions.

4) The night before torque all lug nuts, as you may be surprized how easily a wheel can come loose under track conditions.

5) Don't leave home until your battery is properly fastened down. This is a bad way to stop your day.

Please help us out by doing the above. The reward will be getting to the fun quicker. Thanks.

Regards

CurtiSS 69

-The Stig-
02-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Let's also remind people to remain near their respective cars during Tech Inspection... Preferably next to it, but at the very least close ear shot... Inspectors may have questions you need to answer. Nothing worse than having the Inspector asking "Who's car is this?" and looking for an absent driver.

Although, I'll admit during Tech you are surrounded by all your old friends you haven't seen in a while... so it is tempting to walk over an talk to them and remind them how bad they'll get beaten... by Mary Pozzi.... at everything... again.