PDA

View Full Version : Grant steering wheel installation, horn issues...

BADVELLE
06-07-2005, 10:51 AM
it just won't work! I am installing a Grant Signature wheel onto an Ididit column. I have hooked up the horn button assembly wiring the way it says in the instructions, but can not get the horn button to work while installed in the wheel. When I take the horn button out of the wheel and hooked the lead from my aftermarket horn to one terminal on the back of the horn button and power source to the other lead, the horn button works great. My problem is evident that I am not getting power to the wiring at the base of the column and hence power up the horn button to operate the horn. I am pulling my hair out here, I my old car I just hooked up a push button under the dash for horn control, but I want to do this one right. Please anyone, can you help me out???? :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx:

Steve Chryssos
06-07-2005, 12:32 PM
Is the slip ring making constant contact? A big spring fits between the hub and the cancelling cam/slip ring assm to maintain contact.

BADVELLE
06-07-2005, 01:57 PM
Is the slip ring making constant contact? A big spring fits between the hub and the cancelling cam/slip ring assm to maintain contact.

Steve...Thanks for the input, I am going to have to check again. I don't know, I will see. Thanks again for your help.