PDA

View Full Version : Need paint suggestions please.

TurboLark
06-07-2005, 09:01 AM
I'm trying to pick a color for my Skylark. I have decided on going with a medium/medium dark blue metallic. The problem I have is narrowing it down to one or two shades to look at, and what cars those colors came on. I'm trying to use a factory color(from any brand) to keep costs down. I love the HOK colors, but they tend to double the cost of a paintjob.
Please help suggest some blues, and if possible post pics of a car with it done.
It will be going on the car below :
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

68protouring454
06-07-2005, 09:13 AM
i like fords svt blue for a deeper blue, has nice pearl in it too, , it is code S1 , also gm's indigo blue pearl metallic is real nice code 9792
the codes are the paint codes, these ones are 2002 but should come up either way
jake

Happyfunballs
06-07-2005, 09:44 AM
If you want to use an HOK color, look at some of their PBC colors. Cost per quart is around $50 which isn't much more than OEM colors, maybe even less. Majik Blue Pearl would fit the bill if you wanted to go with HOK. The Kandy's are what cost the money.(by the time you by catalyst, reducer, etc.)

Travis B
06-07-2005, 09:46 AM
Here is the indigo Jake is talking about
I do like it very nice color

TurboLark
06-07-2005, 09:08 PM
Thanks guys, those are some nice colors. I did some searching on the different car manuf sites. Found nice blues at Ford(Dark Pearl Blue on the 500 and Midnight Blue Metalic on the GT), at Chevy(Le Mans Blue, Dark Blue Met, Laser blue met), Honda(Fiji Blue pearl, Sapphire blue pearl,eternal blue pearl) and toyota(Indigo Ink pearl, spectra blue mica and Carbon blue).
No I'm more confused then ever..LOL.
Will need to stop by the dealers around here and take some pictures and make notes.
Thanks again.

Hrod382
06-08-2005, 07:46 PM
I painted my camaro this color.. it's got a darker tint and gets funky around lights because it's a metallic pearl.

http://www.truckworld.com/Truck-Tests/03-silverado_ss/LEAD.jpg

graycamaro
06-12-2005, 03:22 PM
How about the Midnight blue metallic on the GTO!

I'm thinking about using the GTO's Cyclone Gray Metallic on my 1980 Camaro!
but it will be a while before it gets paint so I have a lot of time to change my mind.
Pretty set on gray though.