PDA

View Full Version : What changes to run 20x12 rears on a '67 Chevelle

The New Black
02-09-2011, 10:41 AM
I suppose it would need a mini tub. I came across this article http://www.superchevy.com/features/chevellemontecarlo/sucp_1011_1967_chevy_chevelle/index.html

He's running 20x12 but has a 4 link set up, which I really don't want to do. What are my limits here (mini tub only)?

ChevelleNV
02-09-2011, 11:13 AM
Well Mintubing is a lot more work on a Chevelle then it is on a uni body (Camaro). you would have to narrow the frame as well as the wheel well to fit a 20x12 tire on a Chevelle. but with the right offset you should be able to fit a 20x11. Give Frank at Prodigy Customs a call. I spoke with him a few weeks ago and he was talking about a 70 he had just recently done and they put a 20x11 in the rear with no mini tubbing or frame narrowing, i think all they had to do was roll the fender lip.

The New Black
02-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Ahh, I didn't think about the frame. This is my first A Body so I'm a little lost on fitments and what not. Do you have an email for him; I'm in Afghanistan right now. I bought the car on ebay and it's shipping to my dad's. Right now I'm just ordering suspension and getting everything ready for when I get back.

ChevelleNV
02-09-2011, 11:36 AM
Ya, you can reach frank at FOUR ZERO SEVEN 832 1752 8am to 8pm eastern time.

DriverzInc
02-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Ahh, I didn't think about the frame. This is my first A Body so I'm a little lost on fitments and what not. Do you have an email for him; I'm in Afghanistan right now. I bought the car on ebay and it's shipping to my dad's. Right now I'm just ordering suspension and getting everything ready for when I get back.

We could certainly help with the wheels, suspension, and the whole sha-bang, and make sure everything works with each other. our email is [email protected].

Bozeforged
02-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Yes, you'll have to mini tub your Chevelle to fit a 20x12. We built our Tach wheels for this Chevelle. We were able to fit the 20x12 on the rear because it has a custom roadster shop chassis. I saw this car at the Opitma Batteries Ultimate invitational event in Nevada. The guys at Goolsby Customs did a really nice job building this car. You can see a few more images of the Chevelle on our website at:

http://www.bozeforged.com/chevy7.html

Zak