PDA

View Full Version : Cant find a crank pulley to get my Vortech V-1 to work with my LS1 swap.. Help!!

CallMeCooper
02-07-2011, 07:22 AM
In the process of swapping a LS1 into my 73 Camaro and was originally planning to do it turbocharged but as the parts are adding up it's become clear that it would be much more affordable for me to adapt the brand new Vortech V-1 carbed sbc kit that I acquired a few months ago. Brackets and plumbing are a nonissue I am a fabricator and those are easily build-able and there's plenty of room under the hood to me the only hurdle I'm not sure how to jump is the crank pulley were do I find one that fits? Could I adapt the existing sbc pulley to bolt to the stock LS1 pulley?? Has anyone done this? tips and tricks?? Thanks for the help guys...

Short & sweet:
Where to find or how to build a crank pulley for a LS1 that'll drive my V-1 Vortech Supercharger??

somcamaross
02-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Youre Going to have to go to a different balancer...

Check out the newest Car Craft... they did a 5.3 with a ProCharger and used an ATI dampner

H2Ogbodies
02-09-2011, 02:44 PM
If you need a pulley made, contact the guys at March-I've had them build a few custom pieces for me with some builds I put together. 1-888-729-9070
I had them build a pulley for me for use with a GM style serpentine system using custom brackets I designed to place a Moroso vacuum pump in place of where the smog pump used to be and I needed a much smaller pulley mated to the stock crank pulley so I could run the pump at a 4:1 ratio to keep the impellar speed down. They were a big help!

THE TECH
02-23-2011, 02:16 PM
I would call A&A Corvette. They are big Vortech dealers for the Vettes.

rentedmule
03-04-2011, 11:38 AM
ASP will also make custom pulleys. I know people who have had custom 8 rib serpentine setups made for vortech systems so they can probably hook you up.
http://www.aspracing.com/index.html

(sorry for the late-ish post but I thought another option may be helpful)

Concept One Pulleys
05-06-2011, 10:10 AM
If you decide you need to go the custom route, drop us a line. We're happy to offer advice and insight on solutions for your setup.

Kevin
Concept One Pulleys
Made in the USA
Chevy Engine Parts (http://www.c1pulleys.com)