PDA

View Full Version : HorsePower TV to cover the Run to Music City event!!!!!!!!

Finch
02-04-2011, 01:21 PM
Moderators, please leave this in the Open section for a couple days then move it to the race section…

In an effort to make the first annual Run to Music City a huge success, I have worked out a deal with my good friends at RTM productions to send Joe Elmore of Horsepower TV and his film crew to our event to shoot an entire episode to be aired on Spike. If any of you watched the coverage of LS Fest it will be just like that.

They are really excited and are fully behind the movement our little group has started over the past few years so is great to have them on board. In addition to them covering the event I will be shooting an episode in April with the lovely Courtney to talk about what Pro-Touring is and to also promote the RTMC event. They have committed to rushing it through production and airing it the weekend before RTMC on 5/21 – 5/22. Below is a quote from the commitment letter I received from the President of RTM, Mr. Joe St Lawrence.

“Hi Brian,

Great to hear your team is hosting the “Run to Music City” event here in Nashville on May 27-29. Congratulations on the concept of a weekend dedicated to really driving cars vs just showing them!

It will be a super weekend kicking off with a cruise followed by an SCCA timed autocross, Speed stop challenge, and the road course racing…..the 60 plus competitors better bring their best game.

I wanted to confirm that Joe Elmore and his Horsepower TV crew will be there to cover the event airing on the PowerBlock on Spike TV. The cumulative audience for this episode will be conservatively 4.3 million on Spike plus will also be streamed digitally for free on the www.powerblocktv.com (http://www.powerblocktv.com/) and www.spiketv.com (http://www.spiketv.com/) websites. Viewers can also download copies at iTunes and Amazon. The episode will also be available to enthusiasts as a physical DVD, so in all, a lot of people will see your guys in action”

As you can see we are taking this little hobby to the next level so here is your chance to be around the TV cameras and if you’re lucky make the final cut. Like I say, “If you can’t be fast put on a good show”.

If you have any questions on the above shoot me a PM or send a note to [email protected] ([email protected])

ProdigyCustoms
02-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Huge news, way to go Brian

Yelcamino
02-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Well darn, I guess I better touch up the paint that the racer tape pulled off last time I was at Maxton! This is going to be a really big deal for us! Nice job Brian!

BonzoHansen
02-04-2011, 03:02 PM
nice

Bill Howell
02-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Cool Brian, and to think we have already signed up 23 people without this huge announcement! Anyone watching and waiting to decide about coming to this event needs to sign up ASAP or you will miss out on the fun.

thedodgeboys
02-04-2011, 04:55 PM
That sounds so sweet I may have to give it a try.

tazzz25906112
02-04-2011, 06:36 PM
That's great News Brian you are certainly showcasing the pro-touring movement and the starting the event off with a big opening statement,,, championship as usual buddy...

cstjohn73
02-05-2011, 08:26 AM
Super good job Brian.

shmoov69
02-05-2011, 09:04 AM
Awesome Brian!! Thanks for the hard work!

wiedemab
02-05-2011, 09:55 AM
Sweet! I need to get my schedule figured out and try to make this one.

WS6
02-05-2011, 04:51 PM
That's fantastic news. I really hope the event goes off without a hitch and is a great success. Kudos to everyone involved in setting up the event.

Motown 454
02-05-2011, 11:20 PM
Congratulation's Brian great news!

89 RS
02-06-2011, 11:02 AM
That is great to hear! Gotta love Nashville.

formula
02-06-2011, 11:06 AM
wow very cool--I love nashville, too--I hope registration stays open long enough for me to get my life in order and make it up there!

musclecarmatt
02-08-2011, 08:50 PM
very very nice!!..mite have to be saving some pennies!

protouring70
02-09-2011, 05:41 AM
Thanks Brian for putting your neck out for the group. We WILL make you proud!! And thank you!!!

Sarge73Z28
02-27-2011, 01:42 PM
I saw the coverage of the LS fest. If this is coverage is anything like that it will be awesome. Guess I better start saving up some cash to get in on this!

vintageracer
02-28-2011, 05:19 AM
For those of you attending the Bill Howell's RUN TO MUSIC CITY EVENT the Music City Mustang Club will ALSO have their 11th annual OPEN TRACK Event at the Speedway on Friday & Saturday the same weekend as Run To Music City. The Run To Music City event has their autocross on Saturday and Open Track on Sunday.

This would be GREAT WAY to get 3 TOTAL DAYS OF OPEN TRACK TIME if you desire. Why not run the BOTH the Run To Music City Autocross AND the Music City Mustang Open Track event also on Saturday? You can do both since there is a LOT OF WAITING at the autocross. Don't forget you can also OPEN TRACK on Friday for a TOTAL OF 3 DAYS OF OPEN TRACK if you show up early.

Here is the link:

http://www.musiccitymustangclub.org/activities/2011SpringOpenTrack/Open_Track_May_2011.pdf

Call Jim Chism to TRIPLE YOUR FUN (Open Track Time) in Nashville!

Two Events, One Weekend, One Travel Expense and One Hell of a Good Time!

LWillmann
05-26-2011, 06:15 AM
My project car doesn't run yet, but I'd like to get the family down to check stuff out.