PDA

View Full Version : New site idea.

JoshStratton
06-06-2005, 11:20 AM
You know. This site is starting to see a lot of Photochopping images and questions. It is getting quite popular. How bout setting up a monthy competition. Site administrators pic an image and we all Photoshop it and Pro-Touring members get to vote on the winner. Winner gets a Pro-Touring sticker or something cool. What do you think?

Ralph LoGrasso
06-06-2005, 05:53 PM
Sounds good to me. Once a month Larry or myself will pick an image of a car that is needing some modification. Everyone can make their own interpretation of it. The admins/mods will pick the top 5 or 6 entries and we'll setup a poll on the site for everyone to vote on the winner. I'm sure we could figure something out for a prize, maybe some stickers, or a t-shirt we may also have some other stuff in the coming months that would work.

Cool idea. Just to make sure there is interest, how many photoshoppers out there would participate?

JoshStratton
06-07-2005, 03:11 AM
Should the winners be limited to maybe once every few months to make sure Kris Horton doesnt win every time? LOL

Bill Howell
06-07-2005, 03:25 PM
I can draw stickmen. No wait, I can not even do that on the computer. Nevermind.......LOL
Sounds like a good idea to me though. As far as Kris and other professionals go, we may have to separate the competition into pro and amateur to keep things fair. Problem there would be to determine who does this or related things on a computer all day. Honor system is a wonderful thing.

Ralph LoGrasso
06-07-2005, 05:00 PM
Should the winners be limited to maybe once every few months to make sure Kris Horton doesnt win every time? LOL

Yeah, we'll limit it so that one person can only "win" once every 3 months or so. If that person was to get voted the winner two months in a row, the prize for the second month will go to the person with the second highest votes. I don't think we will limit it to professionals and amateurs or have categories, unless it gets out of hand. The pics will not only be judged on how well it was chopped, but how good the mods you did look. IE: One's persons paint scheme might look better than the other, or rim choice/size, etc. So, the pics will really be judged on vision, as well as execution.

Ralph LoGrasso
06-18-2005, 01:50 PM
How do you guys feel about 'chopping a newer car? A buddy of mine just took some great hi-res pics of my '01 SS and I think the pics would work out good for the first chopping contest? We can also do something older, I'll just have to get some good pics. I remember someone telling me the higher res the better for chopping. The camera was 8mp so I figured these may work well. Let me know what you guys want to do and we'll set up the first contest to start July 1.

JoshStratton
06-18-2005, 04:28 PM
That would work for me, any car should be fine. Yes the higher the res the better. It will make the colors more vibrant and the outlines more precise.