PDA

View Full Version : 70-72 Chevelles that are in the weeds via static lowering kits

protour_chevelle
01-29-2011, 11:48 PM
I have a 72 Chevelle that is pretty low, Coilovers, SPC lowers, steel bushings everywhere, SPC adjustable uppers, 7075 custom hubs, coleman fabricated impala spindles, 14" z06 brakes, etc, etc. I have 2.250-2.5" under my front crossmember for clearance to the ground. With the backspacing I run on the car, my front fender lips are rolled with no inner fenders(factory plastic ones cracked).

Sooo for the guys that have a car that is static dropped this low, are you running a factory steel inner fender, if so did you have to modify it?

thanks,

-Matt

Jon Clough
02-22-2011, 09:13 PM
that is extremely low, speed bumps are not your friend. I would venture to say that you would have to modify steel inner fenders if you want to run that low

jake8092
02-23-2011, 06:26 AM
Dont know if it'll help much but I had to cut everything out, section over the axle/move coil over mounts up also. It's a lot of work to get a good stance but it's well worth the effort!

I had to hang new quarters, outer rockers, wheel houses and full floor so cutting everything wasnt a bid deal. Also when sectioning the frame upward I moved the rails in -1 inch because I want to run a 335 instead of a 305 rear tire...Front crossmember has about 2 inches of clearance but in Kansas we dont worry about that too much...lol

THE TECH
02-23-2011, 06:26 AM
I have a similar thread going with little response as well. Been wondering what people are doing about the inner fenders.