PDA

View Full Version : Thumbnail Pic. Question

airrj1
08-30-2004, 06:12 AM
I can upload an Image and post it with no problem, but I can't seem to figure out how to create a thumbnail image to add to a thread. I was reading the 'Show us your background' thread and everyone has their photos setup as thumbnails.

Help.

Thanks.

derekf
08-30-2004, 06:23 AM
Don't use quick reply, it lacks the functionality.

With a normal reply, down below where you type in your text in the "Additional Options" section, there's a button marked "Manage Attachments".

That's how they're doing it.

airrj1
08-30-2004, 06:55 AM
Ok, Derek I still don't get it. I used the normal reply last time and I choose manage attachment. I uploaded a photo but that is all I could do. When I previewed my post the image was full size.

After reading your reply I went back there and in the Manage Attachments section all I could see was how to upload more files. Also it showed that I have 123k used, but I couldn't get to the file that I uploaded previously. :pat:

Sorry I am a bit slow.

Thanks.

derekf
08-30-2004, 07:01 AM
All I did was "Manage Attachments", browse to the appropriate files, click "Upload" and post my reply.

Thumbnails removed.

derekf
08-30-2004, 07:05 AM
Thumbnail deleted.

derekf
08-30-2004, 07:08 AM
I can't see how to make it display as not-a-thumbnail.

Perhaps someone smarter than I will be able to come along and explain. As for your used size, you'll need to edit the post you attached the pic to, then you can Manage Attachments, and click Remove for the pic you want to get rid of.

airrj1
08-30-2004, 07:14 AM
Let me try here.

airrj1
08-30-2004, 07:17 AM
Can we just pretend this never happened? :spank2:

I was trying to take the link after I uploaded it and add it as an image. :spank2:

Thanks for the quick response.

derekf
08-30-2004, 10:16 AM
That would explain it.

Don't forget to remove your test thumbnail to clean up your personal storage space.