PDA

View Full Version : 64 Fairlane in Cali

nastyn8
01-28-2011, 04:28 PM
Hi there, my name is Nathan. I am an automotive service department manager and am about to get wrenching on my 64 Fairlane that i have been sitting on for about 5 years. I finally got everything else out of the way and get to start on it.

Found this site looking for information on 3 links and i like what i see on here.

cobragt
01-28-2011, 09:30 PM
Welcome, always good to see another Ford.

Bryce
01-29-2011, 05:45 AM
Welcome, check out my build thread in my signature. I have a 65 falcon. Similar suspension to a 64 fairlane. I designed and built my own 3-link as well as my own front suspension, you might get some ideas.

Post up some pics of what you are starting with and some goals you have for the car. I kinda wish I had kept the leaf springs in my car. I still have yet to drive my falcon with the 3-link so the opinion might change quickly. But the leafs can be made to handle great and a lot cheaper with a lot less effort. The main advantage for me was to get rid off the leafs so I can put a 275 wide tire in the back.

nastyn8
01-29-2011, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the welcomes, my plans are to run the fatman strut kit in the front and 3 link the rear. I want to fit 315's in the rear. If they wll fit with mini tubs and not touching the frame rails. If the frame rails need to moved i would just go ahead and back half it with enough for 335's. I have a 350 or so horse 302 for it and a C4 right now but want to end up with an '11 mustang 5.0 supercharged and a 6 speed manual. In the next few weeks i will get it home to start assessing the true condition and i will have pictures then.

Bryce, your three link project is what got me to the site. I love Falcons and yours is way cool. My first hotrod was a 64 Ranchero. I got this Fairlane through horsetrading and it was supposed to be a Falcon but when i showed up to tow it home I found out it was a Fairlane.

There is almost nothing out there for 64 fairlane suspension parts since the A/M seems to think that every 64 Fairlane should be T-bolt tribute. I want this one to be a comfortable street car that handles well.

Scarelane
01-29-2011, 04:49 PM
Welcome! Good to see another Fairlane!