PDA

View Full Version : Nice to meetcha!

Steve Chryssos
06-05-2005, 11:39 AM
Dirk and his lovely wife Lesile made the haul out to the weekly OBI gathering here on Long Island. Perfect weather, stellar turnout, killer cars and great people. Can't be beat. Ralph came by (a little depressed cause his car ain't done). Also got to meet George Papadopoulos. A nice greek boy from NYC who owns the 67 GS Buick featured in the "Cars" section here on Pro-Touring.com

Nitro funny car driver Tony Bartone busted out his 705ci 69 Camaro. The modern pro streeter shared the May 2003 PHR cover with my car. I haven't seen it since the shoot. Still looks fresh as a daisy.
http://popularhotrodding.com/features/0305_PHR_monster/

The wife and I drove to and from the show blasting the new Supersuckers CD "Devil's Food" which has a cover of the "Smokey and the Bandit" theme song. That, of course, resulted in some unavoidable speeding. Which is highly illegal and not recommended.

68protouring454
06-05-2005, 12:04 PM
sounds like a killer time steve, any pics?
jake

vanzuuk1
06-05-2005, 12:59 PM
Steve, It was great to meet you and Mary, thanks to Ralph for dropping my parts off.

Steve , email me at [email protected] I have photos and a couple of quick questions for you.

Jake I have a few photos , I will put them up later tonight.

ProTouringNyc
06-05-2005, 02:28 PM
The one weekend i miss and there were fellow PT'ers there hope all enjoyed it was an excellent day will be there next week weather permitting

Ralph LoGrasso
06-05-2005, 03:36 PM
It was definitely a good time. The only bad part was the swarm of bugs I ran into on the way home. My truck was covered. There's a lot of awesome cars that come out to OBI, I'll definitely be headed back in the future. The 8AM thing on a sunday kills me, though. :lmao:

vanzuuk1
06-05-2005, 03:44 PM
I will probably go the weekend after next.

I have a few photos from today but it says file too large when i try to post them .If someone emails me (see above) I will send them to you to try and post.

Long Island does not mess around when it comes to cars, I was impressed!

I realized on the way home that Steve offered me a ride in his car and i left without getting it, bummer.

vanzuuk1
06-05-2005, 04:12 PM
Ralph, it was worse for the bugs then it was for you.

Ralph LoGrasso
06-05-2005, 08:01 PM
Ralph, it was worse for the bugs then it was for you.

Definitely. I felt bad for the little buggers.

MrAngry
06-08-2005, 06:49 AM
What time is the BEST time to be there - I will be there this Sunday 6/12 if the weather is ok.

Ralph LoGrasso
06-08-2005, 07:15 AM
MrAngry,

I'd say the earlier the better. It's probably best to arrive around 8AM. I got there around 9:30 last Sunday and it was already packed with no where to park. Cars were starting to leave. I've only gone once though, so maybe the veteran captree'rs can give you a better idea on when to get there, I'd say 8AM, though.

vanzuuk1
06-08-2005, 04:32 PM
at seven thirty it was starting to fill up. Earlier the better.

I will be there the weekend after this one...did that make sense?