PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used this Brand paint before????

WELTERRACER
06-04-2005, 03:21 PM
If yes...

HOw good is it..

Is it as good as PPG paint..

Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4550038536&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

68protouring454
06-04-2005, 03:46 PM
something that cheap compared to the norm is junk, i would run, probaly will sheet off if you ever blow car off!!!
jake

WELTERRACER
06-05-2005, 12:40 PM
It has a lifetime guarantee!

68protouring454
06-05-2005, 12:57 PM
and where are there offices, and is there a rep in your state for them?? do you think there gonna fly someone out to look at car when something happens?? nope, not gonna happen, most paints have warrantys but you need to be a certified shop to apply them, and need to use there products right from bare metal up, or on collision repair, yeah they might send you some more paint but have fun doing it twice, cause they are not gonna cover labor.
lifetime warranty is only has good as company
jake

indyjps
06-15-2005, 01:01 AM
ive used it. just bought some to do steel entry doors in my old house. no problems for this application, layed down nice. even waxed the doors. dont know if id use it on the exterior of the car, maybe for engine compartment or suspension with hardener.

ProdigyCustoms
06-15-2005, 03:24 AM
Brian, warrantees on paint are almost impossible to collect on, even for professional shops. I did collect one time and have been faithful to the product ever since.

I'm sure you are hunting cheaper alternatives because your G suffix red is the highest cost of all colors. I'll bet you are hearing $300+ for just the paint. I would call local paint stores looking for mis match red in a good product line, Dupont, PPG, Sherwin Williams, Even knock offs like Matrix would be better. If you could find a mismatch close to the color of you car, you could get it covered in the mismatch, and then use a quart of the exact color in the same product line for the last coat.

Also, you may want to call your local Sherwin Williams store. They have a factory pack red (factory pack is a pre mixed, factory packaged color they offer in volume) in their dimension line that is real close to the SSR red, or Ford Vermillion red, that is what I would call a true red. Dimension is only about $125 here for the kit in Urethane single stage.

CAMAROBOY69
06-15-2005, 03:30 AM
Take Jakes advice and run. And take it from my personal experience. I have used cheap paint before and the difference between good paint and cheap paint is night and day difference. Cheap paint will seriously take 2-3 times more coats to cover. TRUST ME DONT GET CHEAP PAINT!!
You will know as soon as you put a stir stick into it. Cheap paint is a lot thinner. Good PPG paint could almost snap a stir stick.