PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Info and Schedule

Danny Thomas
01-21-2011, 01:19 PM
Alright guys there has been a post about TCI and Speed by Spectre sponsoring our cruise day. I spoke with both Mike and Jason and setup the schedule for the day. It looks like that this is going to be a whole day event. Mike with Speed has graciously planned a cruise that will involve the PCH and some canyon roads to stretch out our cars..within the law. Then he has set up a karting event at a very nice facility. Afterwards we will go over to Jason's at TCI and chow down on some food and a chance to explore their facilities. I sincerely hope that all that participate will express your appreciation to both these companies for providing with what will be a fun day. Below is a tentative schedule:

10am Leaving El Toro to begin our cruise and end up over at Speed by Spectre to do some dynos if anyone is game to see what your car has got.

4-5pm --- kart track for a little action

5:15 / 5:30 --- arrive at TCI for some food and time with Jason and his folks

Again thanks to all who are participating and to the sponsors who are making RTTC 2 to be a fun event.

Nessumsar
01-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Boy am I glad I got Friday off! That is going to be an awesome day!!

Once again, thank you Mike and Jason, you guys are awesome; and thank you Rat Pack for making all of this possible.

-The Stig-
01-21-2011, 03:38 PM
Awesomeness to the max.

Only thing cooler would be if there was a bounce house and pony rides.

CarlC
01-21-2011, 03:55 PM
K1 Speed in Ontario? That's a far better option logistically since driving between Irvine and Ontario on a Friday afternoon is awful.

Much gras again to the sponsors who make all of these fun escapades possible.

Bounce house and pony rides eh? Nope, not gonna do it. Nope, keeping lips sealed....

796spdbu
01-22-2011, 09:23 PM
Glad I reserved my room for thursday night....

Rotnralph
01-23-2011, 01:31 AM
Here's a bit more info regarding the cruise and Friday's happenings..... for those that don't know the area, we'll post a map with a detailed route as we get closer and have them on hand Friday morning.

Plan to leave the parking lot of La Quinta on Sand Canyon around 10am, checking out the coastal route and Hwy 1 through Laguna Beach, circle around and take Ortega Hwy through the mountains dropping down the east side of the Cleveland National Forest area, traveling up Temescal Canyon then a short stint of freeway to Spectre. For those that want to check out some of the sights, should be more than enough time to do so. Total distance of 85 miles and takes about 2 hours (traffic that time of day is pretty good, by California standards anyway). We'll probably do a lite lunch around 12 - 1 while Mike Norris does some final tuning on the dyno. Around 3 - 3:30 we head off to the Fast Lap Indoor Kart Track for a 1 hour enduro that runs between 4 – 5 (for details on the kart event go to the thread titled HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT about RTTC)....... then we head to TCI for dinner.

Mike

rrunner68
01-23-2011, 06:36 AM
K1 Speed in Ontario? That's a far better option logistically since driving between Irvine and Ontario on a Friday afternoon is awful.

Much gras again to the sponsors who make all of these fun escapades possible.

Bounce house and pony rides eh? Nope, not gonna do it. Nope, keeping lips sealed....

I thought all you Camaro guys were into that kind of stuff?
But then again, according to recent commercials, Camaros overheat and their drivers have ED....so whatever. :)

SLO_Z28
01-23-2011, 08:14 AM
But then again, according to recent commercials, Camaros overheat and their drivers have ED....so whatever. :)
I think the point of that commercial is that when you get ED you buy a first gen camaro and you regain your manhood. Then again Mr roadrunner if we believe everything we see on TV:
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

On topic, day sounds fun as hell, I just dont feel like getting a hotel room down there. Its just far enough away to be a pain in the ass. You guys will have fun though.

rrunner68
01-24-2011, 05:31 AM
I think the point of that commercial is that when you get ED you buy a first gen camaro and you regain your manhood. Then again Mr roadrunner if we believe everything we see on TV:
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

On topic, day sounds fun as hell, I just dont feel like getting a hotel room down there. Its just far enough away to be a pain in the ass. You guys will have fun though.

LOL..Great pic!

CurtiSS 69
01-25-2011, 12:15 PM
Here's a bit more info regarding the cruise and Friday's happenings..... for those that don't know the area, we'll post a map with a detailed route as we get closer and have them on hand Friday morning.

Plan to leave the parking lot of La Quinta on Sand Canyon around 10am, checking out the coastal route and Hwy 1 through Laguna Beach, circle around and take Ortega Hwy through the mountains dropping down the east side of the Cleveland National Forest area, traveling up Temescal Canyon then a short stint of freeway to Spectre. For those that want to check out some of the sights, should be more than enough time to do so. Total distance of 85 miles and takes about 2 hours (traffic that time of day is pretty good, by California standards anyway). We'll probably do a lite lunch around 12 - 1 while Mike Norris does some final tuning on the dyno. Around 3 - 3:30 we head off to the Fast Lap Indoor Kart Track for a 1 hour enduro that runs between 4 – 5 (for details on the kart event go to the thread titled HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT about RTTC)....... then we head to TCI for dinner.

Mike

Mike,

That sounds like a great route. Can event volunteers in non-PT vechicles tag along and take photos? My Camaro is still living on jackstands. If so add 2 more participants to the list for the cruise Spectre/TCI Event.

Regards

CurtiSS 69

Nessumsar
01-25-2011, 02:59 PM
Mike,

That sounds like a great route. Can event volunteers in non-PT vechicles tag along and take photos? My Camaro is still living on jackstands. If so add 2 more participants to the list for the cruise Spectre/TCI Event.

Regards

CurtiSS 69

Glad to see you are coming down for the event Curtis!

CurtiSS 69
01-26-2011, 09:49 AM
Glad to see you are coming down for the event Curtis!

I live for this stuff.

Regards

-CurtiSS 69

johnny68
01-26-2011, 08:53 PM
hey dan whats up for when everyone is leaving hotel or to be at the base? on sat. im coming from san diego figure be at hotel no later than 6am
john

Later-A-body
01-30-2011, 09:32 PM
Is the cruise open to non RTTC participants? I would like to participate in the Friday event, but was not able to sign up for the weekend event.

JustinB
02-10-2011, 04:40 PM
Lol. You guys are going to drive right past our shop. We are off Temescal Canyon.

Rod
02-10-2011, 09:12 PM
Lol. You guys are going to drive right past our shop. We are off Temescal Canyon.

is that an offer to drop by ?? I'm sure many would dig that

Rotnralph
02-11-2011, 11:23 PM
Is the cruise open to non RTTC participants? I would like to participate in the Friday event, but was not able to sign up for the weekend event.

Later-A-Body / CurtiSS 69

Cruise is open to any and all who wish to follow along. In the registration thread there is a spot to sign up for the cruise/dinner at TCI but only if you plan to attend the dinner on Friday night........ this way they know what to plan for.

The cruise itself will be ending at the Spectre warehouse/shop and is open to all, as well as the karting event planned for that afternoon. Will post additional details shortly.

Mike
Spectre Performance

Rotnralph
02-12-2011, 12:50 AM
Cruise Route details for those that have asked:

Click here for a general map (detailed directions will be available at the start of the cruise):

As noted in an earlier post, we'll be leaving the parking lot of the La Quinta Inn on Sand Canyon around 10am.

The route will travel down hwy 133 meeting up with the coastal route of Hwy 1 where you'll cruise through Laguna Beach and some really cool coastal shopping and beaches...... for those not from the area, I'd encourage a stop or two to take in the sights and sounds of the true California beach experience.

Leaving the Laguna Beach area, we'll swing back around and catch the winding mountain roads of Ortega Hwy dropping down the east side of the Cleveland National Forest area and Lake Elsinore.

Traveling up Temescal Canyon, there will a couple other opportunities for a pit stop at DriverzInc (Justin, hope you don't mind us stopping by for a quick hello) and a cool little shopping area with old time fruit stands / gift shops / and a wine & cheese store called Tom's Farms in Corona.

A short stint of freeway will lead you to Spectre, where we'll probably still be tweaking and tuning on the dyno with Mike Norris from Mike Norris Motorsports in Indianapolis.

A total distance of 85 miles (about 2 hours if you drive straight through), should leave plenty of time for those that want to check out some of the sights.

After a lite lunch, snacks and drinks at Spectre, we'll head off to the Fast Lap Indoor Kart Track around 3 - 3:30 for a 1 hour enduro (this is a free event and a great opportunity to give indoor karting a shot if you've never done so). The kart racing runs between 4 – 5 (for details on the kart event go to the thread titled HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT about RTTC).

Immediately after karting, we'll be headed to TCI just a few minutes away to have dinner and spend some time with Jason and the rest of folks there. Understand they'll be servin' up some great grub and giving the grand tour of the TCI facilities.

Hope you take the opportunity to join us and if you're coming from out of town, makin this "Run To The Coast" is a must do if you haven't done so before.

Mike
Spectre Performance

Flash68
02-13-2011, 02:37 AM
Sounds like a blast. Thanks for putting this together.

Nessumsar
02-17-2011, 10:05 AM
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Sand+Canyon+Ave&daddr=33.52673,-117.76879+to:33.60792,-117.44097+to:33.67758,-117.39848+to:33.75942,-117.45958+to:33.8279962,-117.5134738+to:1720+South+Carlos+Ave.,+Ontario,+CA +91761&geocode=FabdAQIdyiP7-A%3BFcqT_wEdqv36-CnHQVFxp-XcgDHW8OHIakeEZw%3BFfDQAAIdNv7_-CkRCmc7d5HcgDEHvb7mzm6Uvw%3BFQzhAQIdMKQA-Sl3GfaXIpfcgDHKI_2jkdAGBg%3BFbwgAwIdhLX_-ClFvbVIeL7cgDFlr4eWyoOPMg%3BFZwsBAId_-L--CmVCFSJ-rjcgDGo6dIiLUAyHg%3BFbpyBwIdRXX9-Cknzxk05jTDgDEihza_H1okiw&gl=us&hl=en&mra=dpe&mrsp=5&sz=12&via=1,2,3,4,5&sll=33.817663,-117.531052&sspn=0.139481,0.219383&ie=UTF8&ll=33.490444,-117.648125&spn=0.140012,0.219383&z=12

Welp, tried to embed the map, but that didn't work.

JustinB
02-17-2011, 06:10 PM
You guys feel free to stop by! We are just a mile past Toms Farms on Temescal Cyn towards Corona. Our address in 9036 Pulsar Court Suite G, Corona Ca 92883.

Flash68
02-17-2011, 06:16 PM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/02/RouteMap-1.jpg

CurtiSS 69
02-18-2011, 05:03 PM
Later-A-Body / CurtiSS 69

Cruise is open to any and all who wish to follow along. In the registration thread there is a spot to sign up for the cruise/dinner at TCI but only if you plan to attend the dinner on Friday night........ this way they know what to plan for.

The cruise itself will be ending at the Spectre warehouse/shop and is open to all, as well as the karting event planned for that afternoon. Will post additional details shortly.

Mike
Spectre Performance

Thanks Mike,

Signed up and paid. I can hardly wait.

Regards

CurtiSS 69

Rod
02-24-2011, 07:30 PM
For those of you still wanting a bounce house you can sit in the back seat of my ride while we go through the canyon...as for ponies I only have horses.

Later-A-body
02-24-2011, 07:42 PM
Sounds great. I am planning to participate in the cruise, but not the dinner. That is only due to the weather forecast saying rain late in the day.