PDA

View Full Version : Intro to Team1, Day 1 on Road Tour Express

Rod
01-19-2011, 09:33 PM
Team 1 -Day 1: Rodney and Suzy

Driver: Rodney Prouty

Hometown: San Mateo, CA

Vehicle: 1968 Chevy Camaro Rally Sport
350 Small Block Chevy. Holley Intake & Headers, Comp Roller Rockers, Spectra pulleys, and an original RideTech locking fuel cap -- getting in the sponsor plugs early ;) Aside from mentioning the sponsors, this car is only stock when stock is good, the rest is a pure performance Pro-Touring car built to take me through the Auto-Cross with enough agility to kick Mary Pozzi out of the top spot ;)
I bought this car...well, the shell of this car, as a rusted out junkyard heap, abandoned by a kid who got addicted to crack and basically sold off anything he could for drug money. After two years on a wooden 2x4 "lift" I had a rolling car nearly free of rust but still not capable of moving on its own volition. 1SICKT8 is my pride and joy because I built it frame-up with my own hands, sweat, blood and tears. I've now finally learned to paint with the new water-bourne paints and managed to cover it with enough paint to mask the 13 different colors of primer that were my signature color scheme prior.

Starting City: San Francisco, CA --City by the bay.

Destination: Mariposa, CA

How do you know your teammate? I showed up on her doorstep and she let me move in.

Where do you hangout on the Web?
Pro-Touring.com
Camaros.net
LateralG.com

Co-Driver: Suzy Bauter

Hometown: San Mateo, CA

How do you know your teammate? He showed up on my doorstop and I needed a new fence.

Where do you hangout on the Web?
Etsy.com
Facebook.com
Twitter.com

bosses son
01-20-2011, 09:07 AM
lets go Team 1 !!!

Marks71_454
01-20-2011, 09:16 AM
Rod, I saw that Suzy posted on FB you guys will be staying at the Ahwahnee. Awesome! You will not be dissapointed!
Let me know when you plan arriving at my place, we'll have supper ready so bring yer appetite! and feel free to call me any time.

Road Tour Express
01-20-2011, 09:59 AM
Remember..the winner for each day will be decided by Web vote so make sure you get all your FB friends and other message boards all involved...

Big Eddie
01-20-2011, 06:36 PM
I can definitely vouch for putting it out on all media outlets you can. Thats how I won my challenge day.

Marks71_454
01-21-2011, 09:42 PM
Rod check here (http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2246346&postcount=134)
we could all meet in Merced and caravan up the mountian.

Rod
01-22-2011, 08:41 PM
Here we go, idea here, Monday, Rod has to come through Merced on the way to Mariposa. I work in merced and will be working 1/2 day, (meeting) Rod and Leo could meet me at City Hall and the three of us could play tag up the mountian.
Rod in the 1st gen, Leo in his 2nd and me in the 4th.

you're working half day, about what time would we meet up?

Marks71_454
01-23-2011, 10:42 AM
you're working half day, about what time would we meet up?

You got my number bro, call me. I work in Merced, we could meet there at noon and caravan up the mountian to my place. Just an idea. In any case Ill be home about 1:00 so any time after that works for me.

I have a meeting at 9:00 I must attend and a dr appointment at 10:30.
I think It would be cool if you, Leo and Sy could all meet up with me at City Hall (thats where I work) I could work as late as I want tomorrow after the doctors appointment so the timing is up to you.

Figgure and early dinner so you and Suzy can make it into the park before it gets dark. That still leaves us with a few hours to shoot the chit, maybe take a walk to the pond. If Leo is with us he will want to pull some fishes outta there. For a small pond it has some big fish. I've pulled 5# catfish and 3# big mouth bass this past summer.