PDA

View Full Version : fiberglass front end parts 70-73 firebird/trans am...fender, hood, nose

aronhk_md
01-19-2011, 07:59 PM
SALE PENDING**************Ok, original intent was to put these together, reinforced for a tilt front end for my TA. I may still do that, but I have located a heavier 1 piece front end that may fit the purpose better....so I am putting out a feeler for these.

These parts are VERY lightweight. Never been painted. Total less than 20 lbs I believe, though never on a scale. They are probably 20 plus years old, and may have been made in Canada at the time (from discussing this with others). They are NOT from that Showcars place that makes crappy stuff nowadays and rips people off.

As a matter of fact, these are the only glass fenders I have seen with an actual repro of the inner fender details specific to 70-72 birds. That is, the flat section about 1/3 back from the front of the fender with NO holes or raised area for the support bars that appeared in 73+ (the ones that go to the radiator core support).

These are nicely made pieces, and WERE mounted on a car by the previous (original) owner many years ago, but removed and stored when he sold the car. Would also be a good way for someone looking to do an early nose conversion on a later car.

I'll say this now...if you are considering a glass front end for your 2nd gen bird its best to at least have welded in subframe connectors. In a stock car with no upgrades there is likely too much flex.

$600 for all 4 pieces.....and if you live southward along the I-95 corridor I MIGHT even be able to meet you part way.

That is NOT me in the pic....thats the previous owner. https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

https://www.pro-touring.com/images/misc/pencil.png

lamancha82
01-20-2011, 12:34 AM
well if you were a couple thousand miles closer i'd meet you. lol good price!

aronhk_md
01-20-2011, 07:27 PM
Thanks. Anvil should buy the fenders and repro them...

aronhk_md
01-23-2011, 12:29 AM
BUMP.........would consider selling nose and fenders for $500, without hood because they can potentially be boxed for shipping through the usual carriers. Someone here must want to lighten their bird several hundred pounds! Planning a trip from DE to N.C. on Thurs.....could potentially deliver or meet. I bought that 1 piece front end, so these need a new home. Remember.......there isnt a single place making fiberglass fenders for these today! Convert a plane jane late 70's bird into the early 70-73

Damn........sounding like a used car salesman! lol

tbndee
08-28-2011, 04:34 PM
Are the front end parts still for sale. If so call or text me please 267 237 3760 Thanks

aronhk_md
08-28-2011, 05:03 PM
Sorry, they sold. Didnt want to bump the ad just to say they were gone. Thanks