PDA

View Full Version : New guy stationed in Iraq

mlax
01-16-2011, 08:44 AM
Hey new to this whole pro-touring thing but I love the concept and look. Had to sell my 03 Mustang with 550hp before I left and am looking to get a 67 mustang to build when I get home. I have no experiance and no clue where to start. End State is a screamer that will out handle and out run todays top performers. I have thought about startign with a Martz or Schwartz chasis and building it up from the ground but I can forsee the cost and time to be restrictive. Not sure if buying a semi-restored and slowly repalcing parts and pieces is the way to go either. I have about 6 more months befoe I am back in the states but want to gather all information, leads, thoughts or recomendations priot to that. It is good to start a project with a step by step process already thought out. Thanks to anyone and everyone who helps me get this project heading the right way.

T_Raven
01-16-2011, 11:02 AM
Welcome. What base are you on? I was in Iraq for 4 years as a contractor, most recently in Tallil.

2blownstangs
01-16-2011, 03:26 PM
Welcome to the forums man. What is your MOS? Where are you stationed back in the world?

dipren443
01-16-2011, 05:04 PM
You haven't responded as to where you are, but there is another member in here that is into Mustangs that is over there with you. He is a good buddy of mine. I will send him a link, maybe you two are stationed at the same place.

Kennedy
01-16-2011, 05:18 PM
mlax,

I am on Victory, how about you?

Chris