PDA

View Full Version : Texas mortgages

WS6
01-14-2011, 10:08 AM
So people in Texas, who did you use for the mortgage on your house or who do you recommend to me? I'm more interested in someone that will be straight and honest with me more than anything else. Obviously, they have to also have a competitive rate and no prepayment penalties but I only deal with honest people. So I'll be walking in with my work clothes on and pretending like I don't know anything:)

Thanks

Tony_SS
01-14-2011, 10:44 AM
Bank of America or Wells Fargo should take care of you real good! lol

Find a local credit union and talk to them. If they can't help they'll point you toward a community bank that will service the loan and may even underwrite it.

6'9"Witha69
01-14-2011, 10:52 AM
I have a good friend who is a realtor / broker in TX. Is pampa anywhere near Houston?

WS6
01-15-2011, 08:43 AM
lol nope! Pampa is almost as far away from Houston as you can get and still be in the state of Texas. I'm in the panhandle area almost in Oklahoma.

absintheisfun
01-16-2011, 07:36 AM
I second the Credit Union route...just make sure they are a true credit union catering to a specific group...not everyone (teachers credit union).

We went to BofA and got jerked around and they kept trying to talk us into all types of bad loans--good thing we are fairly intelligent people who knew better!

Checked with my military bank, Navy Federal Credit Union, and they took EXCELLENT care of us and gave us an absolutely perfect loan! I loathe the loaning practices of big banks.

Me: "Need a 150K loan for a house."
BofA: "Why limit yourself? You can afford so much more than that! Get a bigger house. We have great loans available. let me tell you about our interest only loan that will keep your payment very very low!"

BuzzKillian
01-16-2011, 08:54 AM
Me: "Need a 150K loan for a house."
BofA: "Why limit yourself? You can afford so much more than that! Get a bigger house. We have great loans available. let me tell you about our interest only loan that will keep your payment very very low!"
BofA:Of course you'll be indebted to us FOREVER!! muwhahaha (satanic laugh)

I have had good luck going to Bankrate.com. You can compare various lenders, rates, points, and length of loans. I would only go this route if you know what you want in a mortgage though.