PDA

View Full Version : Another new guy from Michigan?

cstjohn73
01-12-2011, 07:40 PM
Just wanted to introduce myself and my ride. i have a '73 Nova, orange with black vinyl top. My son and I were at Motorstate Challenge 2010. We had a blast! Gingerman won the battle. I'm pulling the motor this week. It was 37 years old and had sat for quite some time. I have done a lot of other mods to it. First was Pypes stainless steel exhaust, new vinyl top installed by Mike & Betsy Carr (they are very talented at interior and upholstery), next was new brakes by Wilwood & Frank at Prodigy, 2" drop by DSE, New Gen Dominators and BF Goodrich KDW tires from Jon and Justin at Driverz. I also have solid body mounts and subframe connectors left to do. I started in Spring 2008.

This is my first try at car building. My son helps me quite a bit and we have a great time.

We've really only driven it the weekend of Motorstate and with the rod knockin' on the way home wasn't my idea of fun. This year will be better.

Thanks for reading my post and best wishes to everyone in 2011.

Chris

wellis77
01-12-2011, 10:21 PM
Welcome Chris! Let's see some pics of that Nova.

killer67
01-12-2011, 10:26 PM
Welcome aboard! Are you rebuilding the engine or dropping something new in it?

cstjohn73
01-13-2011, 03:14 PM
I'll try to post pics. This forum stuff is all new to me. May not get it right the first time. Thank you for your interest!

As of right now I'm planning on an engine rebuild. I am going to have someone else do the rebuild. Fastime Racing in Wyandotte, MI. Would like 320-330 HP it is an original 350 block. Can't wait for spring.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

cstjohn73
01-13-2011, 04:46 PM
Hope this works. s1128.photobucket.com/albums/m500/cstjohn73/?action=organize

RomsMotors
01-13-2011, 06:30 PM
Welcome to the site. I'd enjoyed talking to you and your son at motorstate. Hope to see you there this year.

Allspeedcustoms
01-13-2011, 06:32 PM
Welcome to this forum. Its great to see a father and son enjoying the car game! I have two sons and a daughter. My shop is located on the other side of the state from you maybe you can stop by The Power Tour will be in town June 9. we will be having an open house. www.allspeedcustoms.com (http://www.allspeedcustoms.com)

CruizinKev
01-14-2011, 02:13 PM
nice nova! welcome aboard!

cstjohn73
01-15-2011, 06:26 PM
Hey Scott! I didn't know you were on here. Man it was great to talk with you. I will be at Motorstate again. I have to do some autocross this time.

I pulled the motor this week couldn't believe how much sand was still in every nook and cranny from that storm. You gonna do some of the Power Tour?

I will have to do some, at least see the cars in Muskegon. I've still got your card, I'll call you when it gets closer.

Allspeed01, I will stop to see your place. Anything to do with Hot Rods, Muscle cars, Custom cars are interesting to me.

Talk to ya later,Chris