PDA

View Full Version : Team Captains Announced..

Road Tour Express
01-07-2011, 12:50 PM
After receiving several well qualified entries for the first two team captains on the Road Tour Express we have our picks:

RTE Team 1 will be run by Mark Norman
RTE Team 2 will be run by Chad Reynolds

Both are long time members of several industry message boards.

Team captains will be posting on their favorite Web hangouts looking for drivers to fill out their teams. If you want to get your car out for a fun day of driving and feel you are up for the challenge make sure to speak up and let them know why you would be the choice to fill one of the team spots.

chevyhector
01-07-2011, 03:20 PM
Hay Mark & Chad ! Im willing to participate if you'll have me !

Marks71_454
01-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Hector, I still have one possible teammate that is a little tentative, Ill let you know if he cant make it I may be able to use you.
Thanks!

Rod
01-09-2011, 06:45 PM
Hector, I still have one possible teammate that is a little tentative, Ill let you know if he cant make it I may be able to use you.
Thanks!

you're teams are already picked? ?? captains picked on Friday and teams done by Saturday! that's fast

Marks71_454
01-09-2011, 07:54 PM
you're teams are already picked? ??

yeah, the pm's were flying as soon as it was announced. wait till ya see the line-up :) and the route. Cali at its best baybee! Mountians to the coast and all points in between.

Rod, I understand you were also interested in participating, Nothings cast in stone yet, we have details to work out and if I have room on the roster I'll call on ya.

Rod
01-09-2011, 07:59 PM
yeah, the pm's were flying .
Qwerty keyboards were on fire!

Marks71_454
01-09-2011, 08:06 PM
I tried to send ya a pm Rodney...I cant :(

Rod has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

Rod
01-09-2011, 10:48 PM
fixed that

Marks71_454
01-10-2011, 01:03 PM
fixed that
Its a good thing too!

click here and see post19 (http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2233174#post2233174)

It’s coming together now. Still have details to work out but I think we have the line-up figured out.

Rod from PT.com (soon to be a member here as well if not already, we need to talk about that ) will be making the First leg of the journey from his place in San Mateo to my place Monday. I'll make sure he is well fed and after some shooting of the chit I'll send him on his way home.

I am so glad to announce that my good friend Sy (Kamikaze) will be my co-pilot on the second leg of the journey. He will be joining us for supper Monday evening (early evening) with Rod at my place. Then Tuesday Sy and I head off on our quest to the coast and plan on meeting up with Mary (and Dave? ) at Johns place for supper on Tuesday evening. I'll be bringing the main course

Wednesday will see Mary and yet to be named co-pilot (Dave? I hate to assume cuz we all know what happens when you assume) head south for the third leg of the course. I hope she goes the coastal route. That’s one of those things that go without saying but again I am assuming.

She will be meeting up with Mikey (POS71RS) at or near his place in Paso Robles Wednesday early evening. I assume (again) they will enjoy a meal together and hand over the 'package'.

Mikey and Girl-e? (there I go assuming again) will have potentially the longest drive to El Segundo on Thursday the 27th to complete the joint venture. I would really like to meet up with Mikey and shoot the turds and slam a couple cold ones while laughing over past pranks and posts. But alas, I will be home glued to the monitor and watching for pictures and posts from them.

More to come Ladies and Gents, it all starts two weeks from now, thus the reason I had to get on the ball and pull our team together.

Mike (RoadTourExpress) Rod should be contacting you with his address for delivery of the 'package'

I will draft up what I think will be some good pointers and post em here in a bit.

And as Mary would say; Cheers!

Rod
01-15-2011, 02:17 PM
Rod from PT.com (soon to be a member here as well if not already, we need to talk about that)

I tried to join but they don't take G-mail as a real mailer and rejected me :crying:!! ha ha ha ha
looks like the packages were sent out Tuesday to you Mark, and I am eagerly awaiting my assignment, looks like fun!! i wish I could drive the whole damn thing!! and hang with everyone!

Rod
01-15-2011, 02:24 PM
Mark over at Nasty Z28 needs a recruit for the last leg of the event!! he needs someone in the LA area maybee San luis, Santa Barbara, or bakersfield?
lets go guys here's your chance to really Tour that protour car! and show off to everyone while doing it!!

heres marks quote
Anyone in the LA area that can meet us in Pismo on Wednesday the 26th and deliver the package to El Segundo on Thursday?

Marks71_454
01-15-2011, 02:56 PM
I dont think the packages were sent yet Rod, i talked to Mike yesterday and they will be sending directly to you for leg 1.
I will start to compile contact numbers and such for distribution.

Thanks again bro!
Ill see if we cant get ya signed up over at nastyZ, shoot me yer e-mail in pm.