PDA

View Full Version : 4Th Gen Seat too High

scogin918
06-02-2005, 01:34 PM
I've got a set of Firebird seats for my '69 Camaro. The driver's side is power lumbar and sits at least 2" higher than the passenger because of the motors underneath. Has anybody been able to make this seat work?

CAMAROBOY69
06-03-2005, 03:27 AM
Im sure by now you probably already know I have the entire 4th gen TRANS AM interior in my 69 Camaro including dash and power lumbar driver / passenger seats. I dont have a single problem with anything. I am 5'10" though so im not sure if thats something to take into consideration. I think they sit in the car perfect.
What sits 2" higher??? I dont recall that much of a heigh difference between my original seats and my 4th gen T/A seats. Are you measuring the outside of the seat or the inside bucket where you sit??

scogin918
06-03-2005, 03:42 AM
The Drivers Seat Is 2" Higher Than The Passengers Seat As They Sit In The Car. The Passengers Side Is Perfect But My Head Hits The Ceiling On The Drivers Side. Also, Do I Need A Seperate Relay Or Fuse For The Wiring On The Motor? I've Seen Your Car And It Was Part Of The ReasOn I Decided To Go With Those Seats.

CAMAROBOY69
06-03-2005, 03:47 AM
Have you ever though of a Gurney Bubble like in the GT40? J/K
How tall are you? What year are your seats? I wonder if that makes a difference in height. 2" higher that is a lot. Do you have the seats bolted up and the seat in the exact position you would sit so your legs and arms are comfortable? I noticed with these 4th gen seats that when you slide them forward they seem to come up a little bit. When they are slid back they come down a little.
I will give you some ideas after these few questions are answered.

scogin918
06-03-2005, 04:43 AM
I'm 6'1" and the seat is all the way forward. Since it is a power seat, I need power to move it back. Maybe that will help, but until I get it hooked up, even temporarily, I won't know. The front holes line right up with the holes in the floor. I will need to adjust the rear mounting tabs and make them fit. Thanks for your help so far. The seats are out of a 96' Firebird.

CAMAROBOY69
06-03-2005, 05:07 AM
Oh yeah move that thing back. It will drop at least an inch because of the design plus you wont be sitting on the windshield. :lmao:
Oh I completely forgot to answer your question about the power. It is extremely easy to hook up on mine. A positive wire and a negative wire. Very very easy. My ground is right on the seat frame. Hot wire runs under the carpet then somewhere in the fuse box. So you coudl easily do that real quick to get your seat moved back.
Yup front holes line right up. Rear holes in the front seats takes a little modification or imagination. Still very easy.
My seats are from a 93 T/A but when I owned my 96 formula they were really close to the exact same seats. Again I say just hook it up real quick and move it back all the way. Should be a lot better fit for you. Your welcome for the help.

streetk14
06-05-2005, 07:39 AM
Do the firebird seats have a height and tilt adjustment, or just forward and back? I had a set of '99 SS seats in my '68. The drivers seat was power, and had quite a few adjustments to really dial in the right driving position. I had the seat dropped as low as it would go, and I had plenty of headroom (I'm 5'10"). Maybe the 'bird seats are different?
-Andy

scogin918
06-05-2005, 02:39 PM
There is a 4-way switch on the driver's seat. I hope once I get power to it, I can make the necessary adjustments.

nancejd
06-05-2005, 07:13 PM
The power seats have height adjustment, in fact you can adjust the front and rear height independently.

Chevy
06-30-2005, 04:10 PM
I have the 4 way adjuster seats in my 98 camaro--The seat is just up too high because of the power adjustment--once you hook up power you can drop it.

Zefhix
06-30-2005, 09:23 PM
I have the 4 way adjuster seats in my 98 camaro--The seat is just up too high because of the power adjustment--once you hook up power you can drop it.

Exactly what I was going to say. We have 97 Firebird seats (pwr) and the seat was left in a high position when it was pulled out which threw things off . A little juice and a flick of the switch and she dropped right down.

69speed
07-01-2005, 05:41 AM
I did add a little height to my 4th gen camaro passenger seat when I modified the mounts to fit my 69. ~ 1 1/2 inches if I remember correctly, everything is even now.

CAMAROBOY69
07-05-2005, 05:21 AM
Robert,
Any luck with getting power to the seat to see if it will work out for you?

scogin918
07-05-2005, 09:10 AM
the recipe called for one part Optima battery, two parts wire, and a little common sense. i had the battery and the wire. i had to scrounge around a little for the last part though. All jokes aside, i got it to work. It sits perfect now. I sure appreciate your help.
Now, i am waiting on Speartech to send me the harness and computer back. Don't go anywhere. I'll probably need your help trying to get the thing to turn over.