PDA

View Full Version : Ricks Fuel Tank Question

TnBlkC230WZ
01-04-2011, 09:46 PM
I have a high pressure and return tube coming out of my Ricks tank in my 71 Nova. Is the left side the high pressure side or is it the right side? I need to reconnect my lines

CarlC
01-04-2011, 10:02 PM
On mine the pressure side had a steel nut and the return a blue aluminum nut. A quick way to check if the pump is a Walbro (and most others) is to blow into the tube. If it free-flows, that's the return. The pressure outlet on most pumps have a check-valve that will not allow back-flow and will keep the system pressurized.

RSX302
01-04-2011, 10:18 PM
On mine the pressure side had a steel nut and the return a blue aluminum nut. A quick way to check if the pump is a Walbro (and most others) is to blow into the tube. If it free-flows, that's the return. The pressure outlet on most pumps have a check-valve that will not allow back-flow and will keep the system pressurized.

Carl, I thought you were going to say something like--"put power to the pump, the one that has gas spitting out is the one" LOL

CarlC
01-05-2011, 07:47 AM
That would work too Ron, it's just a bit more messy.

Z06vet
01-05-2011, 10:39 AM
The tank in my camaro has the pressure line on the drivers side & return on the passenger side. Well they are right next to each other, but that is how i reminded myself which was which.
Scott

CarlC
01-05-2011, 04:52 PM
I just pulled mine out of storage. It's the same as Scott's. Pressure on drivers side.

RSX302
01-05-2011, 07:52 PM
That would work too Ron, it's just a bit more messy.

I can loan a gas can and two hoses... ;)

TnBlkC230WZ
01-18-2011, 08:01 PM
Thanks guys. It's taken a while to get the new fuel line ordered. I had to reroute them. Mine has two blue aluminum nuts so I'm going to write an R on the tank so I have a reminder next time.

Putting power to the pump was always an option. LOL