PDA

View Full Version : Mike Norris Motorsports LSx & EFI Tuning @ RTTC II

Mike Norris
01-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Hey All,

I will be heading to CA again for this event and will be there a day early (fly in Weds evening) to do some tuning for Steve Rupp and also be working with the DSE 70 Camaro and most likely a little work with Brian Finch.

If anyone else would like to get some work done I would like to find out ASAP. If need be I am sure we can find a chassis dyno also. If there is enough interest I can come a day earlier or as needed.

The cost will depend on what mods are done to the car, what kind of tuning work is needed and how many cars I end up actually tuning. I want to say the average cost for a full tune is $400-500 plus any dyno time charged by the facility.

I will be able to tune the factory GM LS based ECM's as well as FAST XFI, Accel DFI (if you have your cable) and MAST M-90 (if you have the cable and security codes. I can also do the MEFI4 systems if you have the dongle key and cable.

You can post here, but I suggest either calling me at 407-616-2518 or e-mail me at [email protected]

Hopefully this will help some folks out and looking forward to seeing y'all out there.

Mike Norris

killer69
01-02-2011, 01:49 PM
sign me up to finish what we started. i will be there thursday PM so if we can get some time on friday that would be great.

67zo6Camaro
01-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Thinking about getting a cam and spring upgrade to my stock LS6 using a 98 Camaro style ECM. If I get this stuff installed before the RTTC then Im interested. I will contact you via phone and email also.

Thanks
Brett

Mike Norris
01-06-2011, 05:12 AM
Sounds good Blake, give me a call so we can go over a plan for you depending on whether you want to have dyno time or not.

Brett, I answered your e-mail and just let me know. That 224/230 114 will be perfect. Thursday may be the best day to tune you at this point.

I booked everything last night and I am coming in Weds early afternoon and heading back to Indy Monday AM. I will getting to work on Penny whenj I get in and into Thursday.

I have a couple shops I am supposed to visit Friday, but we will see how much time we need for getting everyone set up.

Mike Norris

Steve1968LS2
01-06-2011, 09:19 AM
I will see if I can drum up some more business for ya.. but you'll only have part of Wednesday and Thursday to tune.. right?

Mike Norris
01-06-2011, 10:31 AM
I would say that as far as dyno tune time goes, Weds and Thursday may be it. Friday is a possibility also as it would depend on whether or not someone would rather do the cruise or tune the car. I am good either way. Just need to know ASAP to help set things up. Blake from Speed Tech may want to dyno Friday, but I have not yet talked to him.

I would imagine there will be some time also during the event days (Sat & Sun), though I know I will be spending some time with Kyle from DSE as a priority initally. I always try to make myself available to everyone.

The biggest thing is for me to know, as best as possible and ASAP, who is interested in getting tuned and in what capacity that they need my services. This makes it better to schedule folks in once I got all of this info. I have in the past kept it pretty fluid, but time runs pretty quickly if a schedule is not at least made to a point.

Let me know folks and thanks!!

Mike Norris

TCI Engineering
01-11-2011, 11:11 AM
Hey Mike,

If you need a facility let me know because Sal is very good friends with the guys at Performance Associates in San Dimas. That's a bit of a drive from the El Toro area but my only other hook up is even farther away in San Bernardino.

-J

Mike Norris
01-12-2011, 03:38 PM
I will keep that in mind for sure as it may work for some folks doing the cruise. If you can get me a contact name and number it would be great for sure.

Thanks.

Mike Norris

Mike Norris
01-18-2011, 05:16 AM
Mike from Spectre called me yesterday morning at 9AM EST (6AM Cali time) to talk to me about using their facilities and chassis dyno to tune folks vehicles. The dyno will be available both Thursday and Friday for me to use, so when I get back in the shop from my FL tuning trip on Monday, I will start scheduling folks in.

Thanks to Mike and the folks at Spectre!!

Mike Norris

TCI Engineering
01-18-2011, 08:40 AM
I talked to Mike @ Spectre as well and his facility is certainly more convenient than either of my hookups.

-J