PDA

View Full Version : how much would this cost

72cutlass
06-01-2005, 09:35 PM
Hey guys
I know this isn't pro-touring but.....
I was hopping that maybe someone with some body work experience would be able to look at the attached pictures and give me some kind of an idea of how much it would cost to repair. The door on the truck would be replaced so that would just need to be repainted, but I am wondering more about the damage to the roof at the top of the windshield and the dent in the fender. He says there is no structural damage and all ive seen so far are these pics.
This is a truck thats for sale in my area. its a 96 dodge ram and the guy wants $3000 for it. I'm just wondering how much I might be looking at for the repairs on top of that. I realise this is not going to be a 100% accurate quote but just a general idea is all i'm looking for. Am I looking at $1000 or $5000.
Thanks https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2005/06/thumbup-1.gif
Dave

paul67
06-02-2005, 02:29 AM
If you go and look at the truck see if you can drop the head liner down were the damage is if there is a second skin, also has the roof dropped in that corner or is it just a dent , is the paint metalic or plain as if met the hole roof would need painting, how good are you with a hammer, whats the normal value, is it on a register damaged, this all affects the resale is this canada or us $, price of door, can you get 1 thats already painted the colour as this would lower repair costs , its things like this that see if its worth buying ,
paul67
paul67

68protouring454
06-02-2005, 03:47 AM
parts for dodges are expensive considering that style was the same from like 94-02, doors are 400 and up at salvage yard, fenders are 200 and up at salvage yard, but that fender is savable, the roof you can pull out with a uni spotter, i would just make sure the pillar post is not damaged,
then i woul say around 2k to fix if you brought it to a shop, maybe a bit more with windshield etc
also looks like truck has been painted??? has it check paint code on drivers side door jamb, if it is a stock color no matter metallic or not you can blend the base and then re-clear whole panel and it will match, i do it everyday
jake

ProdigyCustoms
06-02-2005, 04:30 AM
Oh God I hate the wind noise that comes from saving **** like that! by "saving". I mean trying to repair the post, instead of buying the door apature and sectioning it in. But if you save the roof, you will have to save the post. And buying all that new is out of the question.
I agree with Jake, I would say $2000 + the glass. To be hinest, $3000 is a ton for it, it would only bring $1200 to $1400 at a auction for damge vehicles.

68protouring454
06-02-2005, 04:58 AM
i agree with frank if the post is damaged i would run from it, unless you can do work yourself, even then its still a dodge,
jake

Travis B
06-02-2005, 06:09 AM
i agree with frank if the post is damaged i would run from it, unless you can do work yourself, even then its still a dodge,
jake

:lol:

3,000 is a little High for a 96 w/damage

I'm with them I say pass on it

astroracer
06-02-2005, 07:11 AM
I have to agree with the rest of the guys... Just looking at the photo's it's hard to tell but I'll bet there is hinge pillar damage to go along with the popped A pillar and roof. That truck got hit pretty hard to cause damage like that. The area that got hit is pretty stiff, cross-car, and I wouldn't be surprised to see some floor damage at the body mounts also... Pass on it...
Mark

Duesey
06-06-2005, 10:39 AM
Is that 3k canadian or US? I'd also be suspect the pillar is over a touch by looking at the windshield damage. I don't think much though because the door line still follows the windshield nicely. Drop the headliner and you could take care of the roof with hammers and a pick tool. It would be fun to do that one as compared to the one I'm driving now.