PDA

View Full Version : 4th gen dash pictures

TEDDYS CAMARO
06-01-2005, 07:20 PM
Does anybody have pictures of a 4th gen. dash in a 2nd gen. I need pictures of the dash pad by the winshield. Also, more information on doing the complete swap. THANKS!!

JoshStratton
06-02-2005, 12:11 PM
This is something that I was going to do as well. I have done a LOT of research on it and asked a lot of question on this site (and others) in the past. There are very few that have been done. From what I can tell it is a pretty long process that requires a lot of mods so I won't do it. I think I might make my own dash at some point.

As far as the dash pad by the windshield, most people make their own out of sheet metal. You could also do what they did at the factory and 'black out' the lower part of the windshield to cover any seams or gaps from those who look in from the outside.

If you get it done, you will probably be the first on this board. 2nd Gens are not as easily adaptable to 4th gen parts as the 1st and 3rds are. It didn't occur to me that you were going to use mine for a 2nd gen car. What I CAN tell you is that it is pretty close to the right width. I put the 4th gen dash in my 79 and eye-balled it. It looked pretty close, but I could see that a little cutting might be needed on the dash to get it to fit on around the pillars.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.