PDA

View Full Version : PROJECT JUST-N-SANE UPdate (procharger)

WELTERRACER
06-01-2005, 06:42 PM
Ive been driving my 84 camaro with its new PROCHARGER PSC-1 now for about 3 weeks.. TROUBLE FREE!!

It is friggin awsome... IM getting about 5-10psi of boost depending on the load and rpm of the engine when driving it..

I can smoke the Yokahoma 275/40/17s from first gear all the way threw 3rd gear at over 50mph.. NO PROBLEM..

Engine spins to about 7200rpms in first 7000 in second and 7000 in third and soo forth..

Im running 36 degrees total timing and 93 octain gas without any pinging as long as i dont lug it in a high gear and hammer it (surprising as the engine has 10.3-1 compression)

with my HOOSIER Drag radials , dumping the clutch at 3000rpms it spins threw about first gear and hooks intantly in second gear and pulls hard to 7000rpms.. (hard to keep in a strait line due to 15psi in tires)

All this is done with a 355 with two bolt mains, ARP main studs, Stock X type Heavy duty rods and TRW forged flat top pistons , Crane Hydrolic flat tappit cam with 1.65 roller rockers and Stud girdles on ported aluminum Dart Pro 1 Heads!

I cant wait to take her to the track to see what she runs, it totally amazes my friends how fast it is...

Now i just have to find someone with a trailer to go with me incase the Rear end or engine blows.. LOL

Brian

JamesD
06-01-2005, 08:58 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun, any pics of the setup? I'm trying to find a 91 or 92 camaro for myself. Still havn't found a good one.

WELTERRACER
06-04-2005, 03:07 PM
There is pics of my car in the VBGARAGE under 84 camaro

PKNMCLE
06-17-2005, 08:40 PM
sounds like fun. Was wondering were you mounted you boost gauge, intake manifold or hat, I have F1R on a 496 big chevy and for some reason boost gauge is not reading boost, like i can see it even if it was. gauge is mounted under carb flange, any imput would be great.thanks PKNMCLE

WELTERRACER
06-23-2005, 06:29 PM
I mounted it under the carb... IT shouldnt matter where you mount it... THe pressure should be the same..

camcojb
06-23-2005, 08:30 PM
sounds like fun. Was wondering were you mounted you boost gauge, intake manifold or hat, I have F1R on a 496 big chevy and for some reason boost gauge is not reading boost, like i can see it even if it was. gauge is mounted under carb flange, any imput would be great.thanks PKNMCLE

Has to be under the carb. The hat will show some boost all the time, and never vacuum. You want to know what the engine is seeing, not the hat.

Jody