PDA

View Full Version : Where should I go on vacation?

rosslord
12-28-2010, 06:23 PM
I have some vacation time coming up this year (two weeks to use before July 1, 2011) and I'm looking for some suggestions. I'm thinking about some driving experience or racing school type of trip, but I don't know where other people have gone and what has been good or bad. I'd like to do several days, depending on cost. A school located somewhere where there are other things to do is a major plus.

Any suggestions?

justasquid
12-28-2010, 06:41 PM
I would say to your garage:)

Invest the money that would be spent on vacation and put into your ride. Take the 2 weeks and work on your car.

For me, I don't like vacations for one reason. They always seem to be cause me more stress than relief. But time in the garage working and accomplishing something that I can never seem to find the time to do otherwise, is a great stress reliever.

I have taken trips to daytona for bike week, rides to the gap and other things motorcycle related. So I guess I can understand the need to get away. Just don't overlook the possibility of staying home.

You could check into a track day somewhere. A lot of times, you can spend an entire weekend
out of it.

Also, is it just you? or will you be taking others with you? It will make a huge difference on where you can go and still make it enjoyable for yourself.

rosslord
12-28-2010, 07:28 PM
Since I have two weeks, I was thinking about spending one of them working in the garage, but I definitely want to get out of town and take an actual vacation. It's just going to be me this time, so I don't have to keep anyone else happy.

Jim Nilsen
12-28-2010, 08:09 PM
You could come up to the motorstate challenge fathers day weekend and have the time of your life just going for rides in cars even if you don't enter.

JJEH
12-29-2010, 01:07 AM
Come to Stuttgart, Germany.

We have a lot of Americans here and you can race at the Hockenheimring :drive:
http://www.hockenheimring.net/

ArtosDracon
12-29-2010, 03:59 AM
I was going to suggest doing the Nürburgring, take a spin on the Nordschleife, but that Hokenheimring looks pretty fun too.

rosslord
12-29-2010, 07:07 AM
Jim - Motor State Challenge looks fun, but I'm looking fora vacation where I get to do some driving, and my car isn't ready for that trip yet.

Jochen and Robert - either of you two every do any events at Hockenheimring? Track days or racing school?