PDA

View Full Version : A Good Review of 2010 MMC

Mark -G-
12-26-2010, 05:56 PM
https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?67732-more-Musclecar-Challenge-info&p=683903#post683903

Mark -G-
12-26-2010, 05:59 PM
Hoping to do it again.:smoke:

66SuperSport
12-27-2010, 05:39 AM
Unfortunately from what I have heard, Bret at Ridetech will not be doing the Midwest Muscle Car Challenge again. Doesn't look too good for a repeat of the Optima Face Off event either. Too much cost to make it worth while for all of the sponsorship it required to make this happen. Day/s At The Strip may be expanded and I had heard that Bret/Ridetech has thought of possibly hooking up with some other groups for semi-organized track days at Putnam Park.
Get out to all of the events you can. You never know if they will be back again or not.

shmoov69
12-27-2010, 09:55 PM
That BLOWS!! that was by far the funnest thing that I have done in my car with my clothes on!!! And runs a STRONG second to the "funnest"!! LOL
I have been waiting and dreaming of doing this again this year. I LOVE Putnam Park because it is a nice and easy beginners track without tire walls and trees and Other stuff to hit if you make it off the track. If it doesn't go, what else is there close that is comparable Chris? I ask you because you got plenty of experience at this stuff.
Thanks

GRNOVA
12-28-2010, 04:42 AM
Let's hear it from Bret! This was an awesome event despite only being able to fully participate one full day! Damn head gasket! Really hope this is only speculation. If this is true, what can we do to help pull things together to make this happen? Whatever it is, I'm in!

66SuperSport
12-28-2010, 05:13 AM
I spoke to Bret at SEMA about this so unfortunatley this is not second hand information. As I stated before it sounded like he may try to piggy back some of our pro-touring group with some track day events that are already scheduled at Putnam. I'm sure Bret will let us all know if he puts something together.
I have not been there before, but The Day At The Strip event in July sounds basically like Sunday was at the MMCC in Lawrenceville. They use the same autocross course too. It sounded like this may be expanded this year as the MMCC is not going to happen. I believe this would be the weekend of July 16th and 17th. I plan on being there this time.
Hey Jimmy, I'm pretty bummed that this is not happening again as well. I though Putnam was awesome, but I was still a little nervous as it was only my second time out on an actual race track. I'd like another shot at that place too. I've been to a few autocross events over the past three years and that is where I'm most comfortable. Still need some more time on the big tracks. Made it to one more event last year after MMCC, MotorState Challange in Michigan. Awesome event on Fathers Day weekend. I'll be here again in 2011. Very similar program to MMCC with a cruise on Friday evening, track day on Saturday, and autocross on Sunday. Not sure if they will be running the same schedule this year or not as many were voting for two days at Gingerman Raceway.
Make sure you all look into the event that is going to be in Nashville in May, Run To Music City.

shmoov69
12-28-2010, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the info Chris. So, how do the other road course tracks compare to Putnam? Are they as beginner friendly? I could go to Hallet in Oklahoma since it is close to me, but it isn't supposed to be friendly if you get off track.
I just loved that entire event because it was pretty much just us and it was laid back with no stress, attitudes or drama to have to deal with. We had for the most part all the track time we wanted also. By combining it with another, I think it would bring all that with it. But I do understand the dollars and sense of putting it on and more importantly paying for it. I would be game for the entry fee to be more and still have it.
Thanks and keep us updated if something changes!

dunnjun
12-30-2010, 06:46 PM
Bummer, :( I was hoping that the sponsers would be expanding the numbers of events this year not deleteing them. Been dropping some big $s trying to get ready for this season. I was planning on hitting everything this side of the Rockies. I guess the good news is that they are going to reopen Memphis Motorsports Track. When? I don't know. Who knows, if it financially feasable, maybe they will have an event here. :) I've never been on it, but after MMCC last year, I'm ready to play.

Mark -G-
01-02-2011, 06:34 PM
I understand the bottom line is the bottom line. That event was awesome. I expected the participation to grow helping to offset the cost. Maybe I dont need a cage in the convertable after all if autocross dosent require it. Thanks for the event previously and the heads up on current conditions.:hmm: If cost has to go up give it a chance, if numbers need to go up maybe we need to survey drivers?

wneal
01-25-2011, 03:39 PM
After being part of the event last year and providing the instructors, I would love to see this happen in 2011. It was a blast seeing the great cars and meeting some pretty cool folks.
10/10ths will be at Putnam 5 w/e's this year and if we can get enough cars, I can certainly put together a group exclusively for the muscle cars.
I will get with Danny Popp to see if we can help out again this year.
Bill

RAFTRACER
01-25-2011, 04:52 PM
It is a REAL shame not to have a Midwest Muscle Car Challenge this year.....Bill Neal and I maybe able to make this happen for Pro-Touring.....Day at Putnam (or two) and an autocross (a REAL one) potentially on a airport

Lets try to get a simple head count of who would be "in" should we organize something like this for you guys .....maybe we should make a separate thread for this.

tommycomfort
01-25-2011, 05:52 PM
Deb and I would be in depending on the date. The season is sure filling up quickly!
Tom

shmoov69
01-25-2011, 07:30 PM
Ditto.....in for sure if the date is even remotely right. I'd do this event over another because of the familiarity of the track to me.

66SuperSport
01-26-2011, 06:53 AM
It is a REAL shame not to have a Midwest Muscle Car Challenge this year.....Bill Neal and I maybe able to make this happen for Pro-Touring.....Day at Putnam (or two) and an autocross (a REAL one) potentially on a airport

Lets try to get a simple head count of who would be "in" should we organize something like this for you guys .....maybe we should make a separate thread for this.

I would be interested in going back to Putnam Park for sure. Great facility. The oportunity to get some more seat time with an instructor in the car again would be a bonus.
I like the sounds of a "real" autocross too.

wiedemab
01-26-2011, 07:06 AM
Putnam is close for me so depending on the weekend I would be in.

wneal
02-02-2011, 05:41 PM
These are some photos I took while at the event last year

LINK (http://1010ths.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album11)

shmoov69
02-02-2011, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the update!