PDA

View Full Version : setting cold idle on PowerJection 1 system

65 Fastback
12-26-2010, 09:49 AM
How do I set the cold idle on my PJ 1 system?

Right now, I have to sit in the car and fan the accelerator to keep her from stalling out.

Thanks,
Tim

My427stang
12-26-2010, 10:06 AM
I haven't used the Powerjection 1, but on the Powerjection 3 there was a computer program update that got from Retrotek that changed the whole demeanor of the system.

The one I had wouldn't start cold, it was fussy at part throttle, and after the download it was night and day. Many different parameters added and felt like it gained 50 ft lb on a mild 350, in addition to a modern cold start. Matter of fact, I did the update in a parking lot and it ran so much better immediately that we never went back and did any adjusting, we just drove it.

Here is a very good tech name

Cody LePenske
323-599-5032 ex. 1204
[email protected]

I can't find the link I had, but figure out the program release you have and ask Cody for the new one. They are currently up to release 2.1 I believe, and it is far better than the 1.x series

chadz11
02-01-2011, 06:56 PM
I'm having the exact same problem with mine. when did you get the program? I've been thinking about putting the carb back on my car, because I thought it was just me not knowing how to tune it. I have it on a 69 camaro 396 with a muncie 4 speed. I really miss driving the car, your right though Cody is a really helpful guy.