PDA

View Full Version : Window alignment help

kman67rsss
05-31-2005, 04:35 PM
Is there any tricks to aligning the windows in a 67 camaro. i am haveing a hell of a time getting the glass to run smoothly and close tightly against the weatherstriping

Happyfunballs
06-01-2005, 04:34 AM
I goofed with mine for quite a while before I got it right. The biggest key is the rear adjustment. Mine works well about halfway through the adjustment. Do you have new regulators? Weatherstrip? Another thing to make sure of is that they channels that the guides roll in are clean and full of grease. I wire brushed all of my channels and lubed 'em up good with some moly grease.

Jim Nilsen
06-01-2005, 03:58 PM
How much adjustment do you have left in the bottom rear bracket that attaches to the inner door skin ? Also how much more adjustment do you have on you vent window channel ?

These are two points to look at and also make sure you are not stopping early. You can have an easier time I found if you remove the upper roofrail weatherstrip and align the windows with a gauge stick that you make the lines on it and if it changes as you go along you can put tape on it and start over. Also do it with out the door weatherstrip if you can, it makes it easier to close the door without slamming and rattling the glass.

The original marks from the original alignment will only be close but a good place to start.

Having the rear quarter windows in will help guide you to where you have to go with the door glass anyway.

It took me over 100 hrs to get mine as close to perfect as you can get. One minute you think you have and then you see where it can be better and when you change it everything changes elsewhere.

Be patient and think about what adjustments you are having trouble with and ask more questions and if you can, post some pics.

Jim Nilsen

ProdigyCustoms
06-01-2005, 05:38 PM
You have to do the rear first and work your way forward. the rear resting nice against the roof rail, then ajust the door glass to fit.
On the rears, it is important to be sure the spring loaded roller is firm against the guide track and not wollered (sp) out. I wash all my regulators, tracks, guides with laquer thinner, and then lube the track, gears and pinion with white lube (white lithium)