PDA

View Full Version : Kinsler BBC crossram?

bretcopsey
12-17-2010, 08:10 PM
This setup is pure sex!! I can only imagine what it costs... Anyone have any experience with this system, or something similar?

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

bretcopsey
12-20-2010, 06:48 AM
42 views and not one comment?

Is there nobody that has experience, even second hand knowledge of this system?

MrForce
12-20-2010, 12:23 PM
All 8 stack or IR intakes are sexy and make great power. The drawbacks are typically it can be difficult to adjust the butterflies at idle (it's like setting up Webers) and a vacuum pump is required for brake booster, etc. Kinsler gets a pretty penny for that piece and AFAIK they are the only ones that make a BBC crossram. I helped set up and tune a polished version for the Motion Camaro.

Rob

Morgan
12-20-2010, 12:29 PM
Not sure what happened to the picture you posted so maybe you can repost. One of my clients has a Kinsler BBC cross ram on his latest project and they are just about at the tuning stage so I could keep you posted on how that goes.

bretcopsey
12-20-2010, 02:04 PM
Not sure what happened to the picture you posted so maybe you can repost. One of my clients has a Kinsler BBC cross ram on his latest project and they are just about at the tuning stage so I could keep you posted on how that goes.

The picture is still there for me, but here is the link:
http://www.kinsler.com/manifolds2/GM/BBX_Ram_On_Eng.jpg

I would be interested in any feedback you can provide.

elefantrider
06-04-2011, 07:08 AM
Kinsler Crossrams were developped for and used on the Greenwood race corvettes which were said to often hit 240MPH on the straights.

Dynoguy
07-20-2011, 03:07 PM
gobbs of torque, great hood clearance..i have converted 2 for EFI...work great...like above guy said, might need a vac pump for brakes, might need one anyway depending on camshaft...usually build a manifold with a small line from each stack below the butterfly. creates a chamber for a MAP sensor / brakes..... www.speedsportsaz.com