PDA

View Full Version : Eden Pure Heaters

jus1975
12-16-2010, 11:47 PM
Anyone tried one of these Eden Pure Heaters that are advertised by Bob Villa and the guy from tool time. I was wondering if they are what they are advertised to be or just an overpriced space heater.

CHRIS67
12-17-2010, 05:12 AM
Just as interested. Anyone use them?

Wiedo
12-17-2010, 06:27 AM
HEATER, My daughter has one in an old farm house & really loves it. She can move it around where ever its needed. Nice with little kids, they climb on it/sit on it etc. seems to do a good job. Wiedo

shmoov69
12-17-2010, 09:16 PM
A friend told me that it saved him over $100 a month on utilities in the winter.

L & H Kustoms
12-18-2010, 12:20 AM
Well worth the money. Saves me around $100 a month during the winter

Jim Nilsen
12-18-2010, 09:15 AM
I just bought one and am trying it for the 60 days at the coldest time we have had in Dec for a few years and it seems to be doing good for power consumption vs heat output. 1500 watts of infrared light is being converted to hot air with pretty good efficiency from the amout of heat that comes out of it.

So far it can keep up with about 1500 sq ft down to 20 degrees and keep the house at 69 to 70. When it goes down to below zero it goes down to 60 degrees. It is really amazing how well it is doing. I will be checking my electric bill and seeing if it is lees than the gas furnace? It seems to be saving some money but we will see.

I have a friend in NY that has a cabin and uses 2 of them and a wood burner. The 2 of them keep things above 60 degrees in a very large vaulted ceiling and over 2,000 sq ft. He really said it saved him from the cost of propane a lot.

dhutton
12-18-2010, 03:33 PM
Very mixed reviews out there including on amazon.com. I don't see how any one electric heater can be significantly better than another. There are only so many BTU's that can be had from a given amount of electricity. Sure, they may be more efficient than a gas furnace but it's hard to understand how it can be significantly better than another electric heater. There is a bit of advertising hype here as near as I can tell. As far as Bob Vila goes I still laugh about seeing him doing some home improvement demonstrations on one of the morning news shows....

Jim Nilsen
12-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Very mixed reviews out there including on amazon.com. I don't see how any one electric heater can be significantly better than another. There are only so many BTU's that can be had from a given amount of electricity. Sure, they may be more efficient than a gas furnace but it's hard to understand how it can be significantly better than another electric heater. There is a bit of advertising hype here as near as I can tell. As far as Bob Vila goes I still laugh about seeing him doing some home improvement demonstrations on one of the morning news shows....

It is really something to think that I am heating the space I have with the equivilant of a blow dryer. The infra red bulbs super heat the air as it passes by in a large volume slowly. There seems to be a lot more heat transfer ratio than you ge tfrom other electric heaters. I have use them all an really prefer the oil radiant heaters because they are quiet and all the electricity is tranfered to BTU's, but the volume of air going by it is convectionary and can move a lot of air by it but not as well as the Eden pure seems to be doing. The heat is more even across the whole house.

I am still not sure about the cost being less for me than the natural gas but it is looking close if I am calculating the kilowatts the heater uses. At 10 cents a KWH it comes to $3.60 a day running at full power. I have used over $7 per day with gas including my garage which could be almost half of that. So it looks like it could be close. I am finding out what it cost to heat the garage right now along with all of the other appliances. I am doing the evaluation so I know where to spend the money the most to save the most.

I see more insulation in my future.