PDA

View Full Version : Guess I should officially introduce myself.

suh weet
05-31-2005, 06:24 AM
I have been a lurker on this site for a long time. Posted a couple times here and there. I was looking for a solid car for a budget price. I ended up buying a 1991 Camaro Z28 1LE. It was originally bought and raced at Watkins glen and Mid-Ohio for two years then put into the owners' warehouse. It was then purchased from some one and first titled and registered in 2004. It has a full rollcage (the nicest job I have ever seen!),and spring wedge adjusters on the front (long bolt in pic 3). The car has 4.3K original miles, and looks brand new still. I have notched out part of the rollcage in the backseat area for a babyseat for the Power Tour. I wouldn't mind trying an autocross or an open track day.

I know who the original owner was(he is presently the owner/driver of an MGD vintage racing team), but do not know how to get a hold of him. I would like to research more of the racing history of this car. Any body have any tips?

I also don't know what the purpose of the spring adjusters are for, any suspension experts out there, please chime in.

I just ordered a get of Billet Specialties GTX-65 wheels for it and can't wait to get them on!

Here are a couple of pics.

TPI Monte SS
05-31-2005, 09:16 AM
Welcome aboard! The pics are awesome, that car is a great find.