PDA

View Full Version : lonely disco owner ga

andy
05-31-2005, 04:37 AM
I have been looking around and it seems that I am the only guy attempting a pt disco build. Hoping to pull another out of the frustration pit. Here's what I have:
1977 Chevrolet Nova Concours (plastic woodgrain and fake chrome)
358ci Iron block dirt latemodel bottom end
Fully ported Sportsman II heads 2.05/1.65
aluminum subframe bushings
6-point 1.75 cage
Hotchkis front coils
Hotchkis leafs
All Prothane bushings
8.5 posi rear 3.73
Afco sway bars and soon to be finished cal-trac spin-offs
Autometer gauges
Right now Corvette ralley wheels, but soon change to Weld EVO BC10
(they resemble ccw mesh style)

Now it is the racing season so progress is slow. Going to Eldora next weekend to try and win some money. My posts will be more progressive as soon as possible. Thanks for looking.

Q ship
05-31-2005, 05:57 AM
Ah, grasshopper, you have not looked very hard......

andy
05-31-2005, 01:56 PM
Maybe I haven't been looking hard enough, but I haven't seen the first 4th gen that is built to handle. Please, wise one, guide me toward the light. Even the folks at Hotchkis told me that the 70-81 camaro parts wouldn't work for my car-2 completely different cars! Got the parts anyway, put them on, and now I guess I'm Hotchkis's 4th gen Nova R&D guy. Seriously, any help with ideas would be great. I'll post pics as soon as possible.

dhardison
05-31-2005, 04:29 PM
Performance Suspension makes varying levels of G-Machine suspension kits for Discos.

Dan

Q ship
06-01-2005, 08:52 PM
Please, wise one, guide me toward the light.
Oh Lord, you don't know me yet, that's for sure! :) Sorry, I was in a smarta$$ mood that day. I just bought a '77, in the process of stripping it down now. It's not much to look at now, but if you want to hurt your eyes, check my VBgarage (link at the top of the page). Welcome aboard!!

andy
06-03-2005, 05:13 AM
Well, that makes me feel a lot better. All I see around here are air shocks or shackle kits if the cars haven't already been sentenced to a life of dirt track dimolition. What kind of plans do you have for you baby?

JMarsa
06-05-2005, 08:15 AM
If I recall there are about 4 of us here.

And as far as front suspension goes, control arms, spindles, sway bars and brakes are interchangable. I've got the hollander numbers to back it up. Just because they fit doesn't mean you won't have to tweak it a bit for alignment though.

--JMarsa