PDA

View Full Version : roll bar to harness question need advise fast

brownz
12-06-2010, 03:36 PM
I have a small issue I think... I had a roll bat installed this past weekend and gave the installer and picture of the tiger cage to go off of for the door bars, but in the pic it also had the cross bar down low, this was my mistake I didnt tell him the location that I wanted the cross bar. I just wanted to stiffin the chassis with the roll bar because it a t-top car it is needed. ( also have sub-frame connectors and g-braces).

Now onto the question i will be running a 4-point harness I would like to kno if their will be a serious issue with the position of the cross bar, I will not be doing and real competion racing ith the car just a daily driver and some auto x events here and there,

So what do you guys think? will I be ok to run the harnneses from the cross bar in the current position or would you cut it out and move it up? I really dont want to go threw the process of towing the car back but if it absolutly necc I will

brownz
12-06-2010, 05:03 PM
called the installer and he went off the pic. i didnt tell him where i wanted the cross bar so its my mistake and is going to cost me not a happy man right now

The WidowMaker
12-06-2010, 06:40 PM
you need to move it up, or just add another up top. you dont want your harness running straight down to the bar.

brownz
12-06-2010, 06:49 PM
you need to move it up, or just add another up top. you dont want your harness running straight down to the bar.

yes I think thats what im going to do is just add another bar it will help with the the harness and the one that is installed will support the side bars

NOT A TA
12-06-2010, 08:20 PM
Leave the first bar and add another bar based on the height the harnesses need to be for your seats and then also add a diagnal. That way it looks like you intended the lower bar for stiffening and it will cost less to leave the current bar in place than to remove it. Plus you won't be compromising the strength of the main hoop or marking it up with removal efforts.