PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Set up for Blow thru

DButler
12-06-2010, 09:02 AM
I installed an Aeromotive fuel setup on my car that has twin 57s with blow thru carb. I sumped my oringinal tank an tapped it in the top for return. Aeromotive calls for a 1/2" vent. On 67-68 camaros they vent through the loose fitting gas caps. Will this work for the vent or what do i need to do? Also my car always has a gas smell around the back how can I fix this or is it possible? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

HILROD
12-06-2010, 10:05 AM
I use the Aeromotive stuff on my Camaro also. I used The stainless braided fuel line. That stuff breathes the smell out of it. It never leaks but it does stink. The brands of gas I use make a huge difference. Also I used a tank vent valve from a third gen Camaro on my car. Good Luck.

DButler
12-06-2010, 10:12 AM
I use the braided as well. i guess that were the smell is coming from. How did you do the vent on your tank?

HILROD
12-06-2010, 02:55 PM
On my car I added an outlet to the top front of the tank, then ran a hose to the valve. On another "68 I built I tapped a threaded barb hose fitting into the filler tube in the trunk, and vented from there.