PDA

View Full Version : Look what I brought home today

MuscleRodz
05-30-2005, 01:28 PM
Well it is a PT project but not Pro-Touring..... yet. Made a trade with a friend of mine awhile back and finally brought it home. Plans for now is to clean it up into a good almost daily driver till I get the 68 Camaro done. I am sure you guys can come up with some real good ideas for this project. I thinking AWD TT's to start.

Mike

Bill Howell
05-30-2005, 04:22 PM
Here is an idea, sell it to me! I love that style K-5 and can not seem to find one that isn't shot around here.
Seriously, if you get tired of it, let me know....

Steve68
05-30-2005, 06:29 PM
Cool. I have a buddy in CO, has a K-5, and a Russian Uaz, lifted suburban, and he judt bought some other 4wd, I love going out there and go wheeling with him,

ProdigyCustoms
05-30-2005, 06:38 PM
No, sell it to me! I like those also. The body on that thing look fantastic for a early K5. There is a huge yellow one running around here with 40+ Mickey Thompsons, and 10 to 12 inches of lift. Looks f...in killa!
I would love to see it with a late model 2500 drivetrain, a 8.1 would be super cool, even a 6 litre would be cool. Just a word to the wise, no matter what you do, don't plan on building it to tow. The short wheelbase make them horrible tow vehicles, actually damn near dangerous.

ProTeal55
05-30-2005, 07:37 PM
Take the body and place it on a tube chassis AWD setup with a TT LS2 motor.

Andrew McBride
05-30-2005, 07:53 PM
heres a couple ideas. I think the mossy oak camo pattern material on the truck would look killer. add a top rack in black with spare tire on top & KC lights, black grill guard w/ KC'S, black wheels with about a 4-8" suspension lift. agressive tires. interior-rhino line the floors, rear trunk area.
K5's are great looking trucks. or paint it red and chrome instead of black wheels, and accessories.

good luck with the new toy mike.

Blitz
05-30-2005, 09:03 PM
This would be my route. First thought make it compliment the Camaro, but then this thought hit me. JET BLACK monochromatic paint, simple and subtle silver and orange stripe graphics, smooth front bumper, shaved emblems, lose the vent window, late model mirrors, 18 or 20" Budnik Arrowhead wheels with one inch finger gap on wheel wells, upgraded but smooth riding suspension. Damn, now I want one.

CAMAROBOY69
05-31-2005, 03:59 AM
Awesome! I have always like those year(67-72) K-5 Blazers. Make sure you pay close attention to the seal just above the window. It is very common for those to leak. As for the ideas I have way too many to bore you with. You going to have "fun" with it. I know you said daily driver but do you plan to go off road at all with it?

Blue70
05-31-2005, 06:12 AM
I'm not sure if I can link photos from Ebay, but if you chopped the top on this it would be real nice, or just drive around without the top :)

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2005/05/90_3JPG-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2005/05/8d_3JPG-1.jpg

CAMAROBOY69
05-31-2005, 06:15 AM
hahah that would be a sick sleeper! Drive to the track with the topper on and loaded with your family and friends. Unload, take off topper and tear the track up with an old school truck. That would be sick!

69boo307
05-31-2005, 08:06 AM
don't pro-tour it, offroad it! It needs a lift and some big AT tires.

MuscleRodz
05-31-2005, 09:03 AM
Bill, this isn't too bad at all. I need to replace the right outer rocker, patch the quarter behind the right rocker, and 2 small spots in the floor pan.

Frank, It won't be a tow vehicle. After many miles in my 97 Chev Crew Cab Dually, I won't pull with anything less.

Adam, yeah I know they are bad about leaks. I plan to Rhinoline the inside when done. It will also have a soft top on it. It already has the roll bar to go track racing! All I need is a good suspension under it.

Thanks for all the good ideas guys.

Mike