PDA

View Full Version : Any site sponsors sell fire suppression systems?

Larry Callahan
12-03-2010, 10:29 PM
After the holidays I plan to install a fire suppression system in MotiV8r.

I would rather buy one from a sponsor then direct from a manufacture.

NOT A TA
12-05-2010, 10:03 AM
Do some research on current technology before choosing a system. Fire system stuff has been changing a lot during the past few years and while halon systems were the standard for years new regulations have changed that. There's some threads about systems in general tech and safety.

I have 2 systems in my car now (see 14 car safety thread). One for the engine compartment and fuel system and another for driver and navigator. I decided on the Aqueous foam type for my application at the time based on several factors. There have been new types that have also been introduced since I installed mine. I found there are benefits and drawbacks to the various types. Some function well while vehicle is still in motion while others don't. Some are "clean" with no mess to take care of later. Some are easilly refilled while others are not and may have to be sent in to the manufacturer. Also different sanctioning bodies may prefer different types.

Larry Callahan
12-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the reply. I read your 14 car thread a few days ago and there is some good info in there. I had thought about maybe installing two systems as well but never thought about the stationary or in motion difference. Thanks again and I will keep reading up.

NOT A TA
12-05-2010, 08:16 PM
https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?68736-Been-thinking-about-fire-safety-Read-this&highlight=fire

Larry Callahan
12-05-2010, 09:02 PM
Thanks!

ProdigyCustoms
12-06-2010, 02:55 PM
I got ya covered Larry!

Larry Callahan
01-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Does anyone know about the pros and cons of going with a cable triggered or a electrically triggered system?

The electrically triggered one looks the way to go for installation ease and is self powered but that worries me a bit. I also worry about a mechanical cable being pinched in an accident and not being able to pull it.

Thoughts?

Roadrage David
01-05-2011, 12:53 AM
https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?74899-Some-euro-fire-supression-systems&highlight=
This one is electrical trigerd but also hase a heat cable fuse, as a trigger when your not able to set thse system of yourself.
it protects feurther damage to engine ore interiuer. chek it out.