PDA

View Full Version : RTTC II Registration now open!

Bill Howell
11-30-2010, 05:43 AM
https://www.pro-touring.com/events/rttc2/form.php

If you follow the above link, you will find the registration for RTTCII.
Some things you need to know BEFORE you register.
1. Fill in all the blanks that apply to you and your weekend
2. If you don't want to purchase a tee-shirt, don't check the box
3. Check the cruise only if you plan to cruise. This helps us plan on how many will attend
4. You can participate at the track both Saturday and Sunday, the fee is the same for both days so you will need to pay for two days.
5. This is a first come, first serve event, so the first 75 cars signed up for either day are guaranteed their spot that day, the rest will be shifted to the other day, so sign up early if you want to be in the show.
6. Once you fill out the registration form, you need to add your total, then follow the link to my paypal account to pay. You are not registered or in the show until you pay.
7. Please guys, understand, this is a non refundable registration. We will run, ran or shine, or have a rain day rescheduled. If for some reason you can not attend, you can sell your spot to another member, but it gets too confusing for me to handle 10 cancelations the day of the show. Thanks for understanding this point.

Danny, Yancy and myself look forward to seeing everyone at this event. It was a hit last year and we see it doing nothing but growing.
We do not care what year car you bring. As you know, our events are more about the fellowship and meeting people than the competition so bring whatever car you feel comfortable with. The Team T/A contingency program for 2011 will start at this event, so come and get signed up for it. Pay out last year was over $21K so come be sure you get you share of that money this year.

We will have vendors there and if you are a vendor and not yet signed up for this event, contact me ASAP.

Thanks everyone!

Bill Howell
11-30-2010, 08:02 AM
Oh, please feel free to ask questions here or in a pm before you register. The only dumb question is the one not asked.

Vegas69
11-30-2010, 08:27 AM
Bill, how will the winner be determined? I'm assuming the same track layouts both days and the individual with the fastest cumulative time like last year from both days? Any points for cruising or driving a certain distance this year?

mdprovee
11-30-2010, 09:28 AM
Signed up and will be sending payment tonight.

Bill Howell
11-30-2010, 09:45 AM
Bill, how will the winner be determined? I'm assuming the same track layouts both days and the individual with the fastest cumulative time like last year from both days? Any points for cruising or driving a certain distance this year?

I will have all those details up soon Todd. Yes, cumulative times will be kept over the two days. I will tell those on Saturday that have the top 10 or so scores that they probably should come back Sunday afternoon. For those running both days, they will certainly have an advantage, I will use their best day scores. Contingency money will be paid for best day scores too, and only on cars 1976 and older.

I received a couple pm about payment other than Paypal. You can send me a check also, pm me for my addy.

Nessumsar
11-30-2010, 10:46 AM
Bill, what year cars are permitted? I see on the registration form that in the "year" spot for the car it mentions "1981 and older only"; but I remember in a previous post you mentioned it was all-years?

Rod
11-30-2010, 10:49 AM
Signed up and Paid! booyaa!

James OLC
11-30-2010, 10:51 AM
Signed up and paid!
86-days to get the heap back together!

killer69
11-30-2010, 11:04 AM
86 Days!!!!
signed up and paid!!

tazzz25906112
11-30-2010, 11:21 AM
I'm in Bill with multiple cars.....

rsk68
11-30-2010, 11:46 AM
Signed up for Saturday, need to talk to a few people to see if Sunday is a go also, Cant Wait!

Bryce
11-30-2010, 11:53 AM
I wish I could pull the trigger on that, but I have to wait and make it through the holidays. Hopefully there will be some tickets left!

Bill Howell
11-30-2010, 11:55 AM
Bill, what year cars are permitted? I see on the registration form that in the "year" spot for the car it mentions "1981 and older only"; but I remember in a previous post you mentioned it was all-years?

All years welcomed as always. Only 81 or older eligible for winning trophy, since we are protouring but it is just a $10 trophy, and bragging rights. Remember, we are more about the event and friends. Also, as mentioned above, 1976 and older eligible for contengency money.

Nessumsar
11-30-2010, 12:48 PM
Awesome, thanks for clearing that up for me. I'll be there with my Nova, just need to figure out what day(s)!

ErikLS2
11-30-2010, 12:51 PM
Any problems bringing our kids on the cruise/dinner? One is 20 months old and the other is 5, was going to buy one dinner and have them split it.

Finch
11-30-2010, 01:11 PM
I will sign up as a placeholder until I figure out what car I am driving :)

sik68
11-30-2010, 02:18 PM
Registered and Paid. I'm pumped!

Nessumsar
11-30-2010, 03:30 PM
I know it says "No Spectators", but I gotta ask: If you are signed up for one day, can you come spectate the other day? Seeing as how you will/have signed the release form? If not, maybe work the other day?

I just want to see if there is a way to meet and see everyone's cars.

Bill Howell
11-30-2010, 03:45 PM
I know it says "No Spectators", but I gotta ask: If you are signed up for one day, can you come spectate the other day? Seeing as how you will/have signed the release form? If not, maybe work the other day?

I just want to see if there is a way to meet and see everyone's cars.

Yes, if you come one day, as a registered participant, you are welcomed the other day also.

Bill Howell
11-30-2010, 03:45 PM
Any problems bringing our kids on the cruise/dinner? One is 20 months old and the other is 5, was going to buy one dinner and have them split it.

Kids are welcomed, under 12 are free

hotrod69camaro
11-30-2010, 03:47 PM
Signed up and paid both days.

ErikLS2
11-30-2010, 04:17 PM
Kids are welcomed, under 12 are free

oops, I paid for 3 dinners, missed that kids are free, oh well. Wish my Camaro was done but it isn't so I'll have to see if I can't destroy my Trailblazer SS transmission.

bosses son
11-30-2010, 04:46 PM
signed up and paid for both days! the count down begins!

69fbodyproject
11-30-2010, 06:10 PM
Two questions for you Bill
First question is how late is cut off for registration?
Second is if I cant get enough days off to drive down is there anything to stop a guy from abusing a rent a car at the event?

Cris@JCG
11-30-2010, 06:12 PM
Just signed up & paid up!!! Now I got to get my DAMM car done!

Bill Howell
11-30-2010, 06:17 PM
Two questions for you Bill
First question is how late is cut off for registration?
Second is if I cant get enough days off to drive down is there anything to stop a guy from abusing a rent a car at the event?

Registration will be open until all spots are full. We have 150 spots, spread over two days, and so far we have 26 registered today.
We don't question your relationship with a rental company, that one is up to you.....haha

LM7_67
11-30-2010, 07:58 PM
eesh, need another paycheck but then I am so in for both days

chr2002ca
11-30-2010, 08:07 PM
Hi Bill,

You may want to have the following line on the registration page edited:

"Event ****s will be availale for purchase however you will need to order them with your tickets. "

I'm a bit bummed I have to pay to take a **** this year. Last year I got to take a **** for free, and my car took a **** on me too. :thankyou:

-Chris

ssmike
11-30-2010, 08:35 PM
Just signed up & paid up!!! Now I got to get my DAMM car done!

:nopity::nopity: JK.

Larry Callahan
11-30-2010, 09:32 PM
Hi Bill,

"Event ****s will be availale for purchase however you will need to order them with your tickets. "

I'm a bit bummed I have to pay to take a **** this year. Last year I got to take a **** for free, and my car took a **** on me too. :thankyou:

-Chris

Whoops. Type-o fixed.

Matt@BOS
11-30-2010, 09:42 PM
Hi Bill,

-Chris

Doesn't surprise me. The port-a-potty definitely got broken in, and quickly, at last year's event. The guys probably figured that charging would be a guaranteed way to offset costs and break even.

Matt

rdchandler
11-30-2010, 10:40 PM
Are there any rules for the cars? safety requirements, tires or anything else?

Rob

Matt@BOS
12-01-2010, 12:23 AM
Are there any rules for the cars? safety requirements, tires or anything else?

Rob

If it is the same as last year then you will need a helmet, which can be an opened faced one, basic safety to pass tech, i.e. a secure battery, seat belts (not sure on the specifics but 3pts were fine) etc, and 200+ treadwear tires in order to score points. Sticker tires just place a car in the exhibition category, which isn't a big deal as all cars receive equal time on track.

Matt

Bill Howell
12-01-2010, 05:29 AM
I am working on the rules, but basically the same as last year. All cars will be teched, but nothing huge. Need battery secure, no floor mats, nothing loose in interior or trunk. good brake pedal, all lugs, 2000 or better helmet, seatbelts of some kind.
To qualify for the trophy, Treadwear of 200 or higher, but if trophy and bragging rights are no big deal, you can run whatever you like.

GregWeld
12-01-2010, 05:59 AM
I'm in as a conehead...

Was planning to bring my 2011 S63 AMG biturbo but have been told it won't be here 'til March "if I'm lucky"..... I'm so PO'd about that...but not much can be done about it.

So -- Big Bill.... I'm in for 'will work for water'.

BAD_EFX
12-01-2010, 07:24 AM
Registered and payment sent for both days! This is going to be fun!

Vegas69
12-01-2010, 07:49 AM
I'm in and paid for both days! Last year was by far the best time I've ever had with my car.

CarlC
12-01-2010, 08:08 AM
In for both days.

Todd, jump in the car and drive to Willow Springs this Sunday/Speedventures. Practice is always good.

Vegas69
12-01-2010, 09:14 AM
This damn job is killing me...

GregWeld
12-01-2010, 11:02 AM
This damn job is killing me...

I retired because work was interfering with my social life....

:woot:

Flash68
12-01-2010, 11:21 AM
In for both days. Now I need to find a driver... and pit crew.

Todd -- you available? ...for pit crew I mean. LOL

Bill Howell
12-01-2010, 03:40 PM
I am blown away guys. about 28 hours into the registration and here are the stats.
27 people have signed up, 21 of those have signed up for both days. So a total of 48 of the 150 spots are spoken for. Let everyone you know that has mentioned coming to RTTCII that registration is open, looks like it won't be for long.

Thanks also to those that have signed up just to work and help out. You are the real heros of the hobby and without you we could not do these events. I want to say thanks to you publicly.

Project92rs
12-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Registered for both days earlier today. Can't wait to participate as the token pit crew member for my wife while she flogs her toy through the event.

The WidowMaker
12-01-2010, 04:01 PM
bill, i havent seen anything about signing up to help (i can if needed) and this is the first ive heard about not having spectators. what happened and why was the decision made?

SLO_Z28
12-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Registered and paid today. Someone has to come in last :p

Bill Howell
12-01-2010, 04:09 PM
bill, i havent seen anything about signing up to help (i can if needed) and this is the first ive heard about not having spectators. what happened and why was the decision made?

I have had several pm me about helping and even a couple signed up on the registration page. Either method or just letting me know here is fine, I just need an idea of who is coming to help out.
Last year, the City of Irvine pretty much did not want any spectators at all, basically because of no restrooms, safe spectator spots, etc. We only had 60 cars so that generated about 120 people. This year, we will have more porta-pottys, but with 75 cars, I see the spectator group growing also. I have to be careful not to piss off the city with too big a crowd. I don't think it will be an issue, but just can't to invite the world either. The other events held there is pretty much for participants only, so we have to be careful with too many people on the property at one time.

Ron.in.SoCal
12-01-2010, 04:38 PM
Bill, I'll be there on Sat to help out...

Bill Howell
12-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Thanks Ron!

Ron.in.SoCal
12-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Welcome Sir!

The WidowMaker
12-01-2010, 08:05 PM
thanks for the answer bill. i know from experience that irvine isnt a fun city to do anything with.

put me down for helping out on sat. i may have a few more that can lend a hand as well and i'll let you know.

DFRESH
12-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Bill, signed up for everything (both days-dinner) including the T-Shirt---will there be just short sleeve this year or will you have some long sleeves again?

Taco Party my place on Sat night---Bring Jimi and the boys--and the Elvis juice. Same deal as last year--I'll do food--you provide the drinks--eh-fuel. LOL. Thanks on behalf of the West Coast for getting this done again this year--looking forward to it big time.

Doug

Roadbuster
12-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Signed up! See you all there!

rsk68
12-02-2010, 08:55 AM
Ok I just signed up for Sunday too!

Danny Thomas
12-02-2010, 03:44 PM
[QUOTE=DFRESH;748032]Bill, signed up for everything (both days-dinner) including the T-Shirt---will there be just short sleeve this year or will you have some long sleeves again? should have both types Doug

Taco Party my place on Sat night---Bring Jimi and the boys--and the Elvis juice. Same deal as last year--I'll do food--you provide the drinks--eh-fuel. LOL. Thanks on behalf of the West Coast for getting this done again this year--looking forward to it big time.

Doug
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Glad to see you signed up Doug..working on Elvis making an appearance and Bill, Yancy and myself thank you for opening your home again for all of us to fellowship...this is what this event is all about anyway. Good to see you in Vegas and can't wait to get to Cali.. Thanks again those tacos were great

California here we come .

Danny Thomas
12-02-2010, 03:53 PM
Bill, Yancy and myself want to thank all that made last year a success and want to let you know that this year will be just as eventfull if not better. We are continually looking at ways to improve and give you the best bang for the buck. Make sure you get signed up as not to be left out..once these spots are gone that will be it....Don't forget someone will WIN a set of Forgeline Wheels....wish I was eligible..lol

DFRESH
12-02-2010, 07:58 PM
[QUOTE=DFRESH;748032]Bill, signed up for everything (both days-dinner) including the T-Shirt---will there be just short sleeve this year or will you have some long sleeves again? should have both types Doug

Doug
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Glad to see you signed up Doug..working on Elvis making an appearance and Bill, Yancy and myself thank you for opening your home again for all of us to fellowship...this is what this event is all about anyway. Good to see you in Vegas and can't wait to get to Cali.. Thanks again those tacos were great

California here we come .

Danny--glad to do it brother---looking forward to seeing you and the guys---Todd Akes and I were just talking about how much fun last year was--you can't beat it---see u guys soon.

Doug

CarlC
12-02-2010, 08:51 PM
I missed Elvis last time. I hope to see him in Feb.

Larry Callahan
12-02-2010, 08:57 PM
I'm ready!

https://www.pro-touring.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=34346

Gandalf
12-02-2010, 09:21 PM
Signed up and paid both days - woot!!

Now, anyone here know how to put a '69 Camaro back together in 83days? Nothing like a little motivation! Otherwise I will be walking the coarse.... :-(

G.

CarlC
12-02-2010, 09:51 PM
I heard they are going to mow the lawn just for you Larry!

Larry Callahan
12-02-2010, 10:03 PM
I can multi-task. Haul, mow and play dodge the photographer all at the same time.

tommycomfort
12-03-2010, 04:13 AM
Looks like this won't be the year for the Farrington's to make it... Blah! :crying:

796spdbu
12-03-2010, 06:54 AM
All signed up! Cant wait to catch up with the Rat Pack. This event was a blast last year and I was a fellow cone head with Greg Weld!

Steve da Wrench
12-03-2010, 07:43 AM
Are there any rules about participation, such as tire specs, etc? I am considering bringing my '68 Camaro, but only have track slicks for it, no street tires/wheels at this time (still in the process of upgrading to new/larger brakes & new tires/wheels, so can't afford to buy a whole 'nother set of tires & wheels).
Thanks!
Will see if I can talk PTaddict into it also :)

killer69
12-03-2010, 07:59 AM
I'm in as a conehead...

Was planning to bring my 2011 S63 AMG biturbo but have been told it won't be here 'til March "if I'm lucky"..... I'm so PO'd about that...but not much can be done about it.

So -- Big Bill.... I'm in for 'will work for water'.

I'm Really sorry to hear about your problems, whats wrong with the wagon in ur sig???

rrelco
12-03-2010, 10:13 AM
Doug,

i meet you at the autox in camarillo my 66 elcamino just installed the new suspension from speedtech would my car be a good candidate for this event? i have no roll bar and my tires are just Kohmos

Nessumsar
12-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Doug,

i meet you at the autox in camarillo my 66 elcamino just installed the new suspension from speedtech would my car be a good candidate for this event? i have no roll bar and my tires are just Kohmos

Your car would be blast out there! By no means is this a racing event, just a bunch of cars guys beating on their cars for a weekend.

Flash68
12-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Are there any rules about participation, such as tire specs, etc? I am considering bringing my '68 Camaro, but only have track slicks for it, no street tires/wheels at this time (still in the process of upgrading to new/larger brakes & new tires/wheels, so can't afford to buy a whole 'nother set of tires & wheels).
Thanks!
Will see if I can talk PTaddict into it also :)

Reading the whole thread is encouraged. ;)

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?75017-RTTC-II-Registration-now-open!&p=747734#post747734

Bill Howell
12-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Update guys!
As of right now, I have only 10 spots left for Saturday and 20 left for Sunday. I am not rushing you, but if you want in, you really need to register soon.

For those that have asked, I cut the number of cars per day from 75 to 60 so everyone gets more track time. Be sure to thank the sponsors when you get there, because they stepped up and are helping pay the cost so I could cut back the number of cars.

As always, we really appreciate all the sponsors that step up for these events, without them we would either not have events or they would cost everyone much more money.

Did I mention everyone gets a free In-n-Out burger and fries for lunch the day of the event? I know that is not a huge deal for you Cali guys, but for us Tennessee boys, it is worth the trip out just to indulge.....

Bill Howell
12-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Somewhere, someone asked about passengers, they are allowed, just need proper seat belts for them and of course a helmet. PLEASE GUYS, auto helmets, not motorcycle helmets. Remember, you only get one brain/head, don't risk it foolishly. A proper helmet is the most important part of your safety equipment, how much is you head worth to you anyway???? No Bitching about this rule, cause any excuse IMO is dumb.

Flash68
12-03-2010, 01:54 PM
Update guys!
As of right now, I have only 10 spots left for Saturday and 20 left for Sunday. I am not rushing you, but if you want in, you really need to register soon.

For those that have asked, I cut the number of cars per day from 75 to 60 so everyone gets more track time. Be sure to thank the sponsors when you get there, because they stepped up and are helping pay the cost so I could cut back the number of cars.

As always, we really appreciate all the sponsors that step up for these events, without them we would either not have events or they would cost everyone much more money.

Did I mention everyone gets a free In-n-Out burger and fries for lunch the day of the event? I know that is not a huge deal for you Cali guys, but for us Tennessee boys, it is worth the trip out just to indulge.....

More track time and free In-N-Out?!? What's not to love about that! Good stuff Bill.

73CPCAMARO
12-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Signed up for both days. I am really looking forward to meeting all you guys and having a great time!

Brian

Bill Howell
12-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Thank Brian and Roger!

8 Saturday
18 Sunday

I will keep the countdown going til we are sold out!

rrelco
12-03-2010, 02:14 PM
I am signed up for Saturday...................

sik68
12-03-2010, 02:32 PM

Costs?! You mean to tell us that you aren't pocketing an exorbitant amount of money from this event? :razz:

Bill Howell
12-03-2010, 02:36 PM
Costs?! You mean to tell us that you aren't pocketing an exorbitant amount of money from this event? :razz:

Too Funny! My wife keeps asking me when are these events going to quit costing us money to do, but my business plan is pretty sad on them. I honestly am interested in the fun factor of these events and I think or at least hope that shows. I will worry about making money once I get everyone hooked....haha

6 Saturday
18 Sunday

carguy502
12-03-2010, 02:46 PM
WOOT!! In for Saturday and all paid up. I am so looking foward to this. Looking forward to meeting you guys and running my car hard!!!

SLO_Z28
12-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Any idea on how many runs we will get in? how much time is on the autocross, how much is on the track, and I assume the 0-60-0 is last as it will destroy tires. Just curious what the game plan is, I imagine the logistics for something this big is a nightmare.

Nessumsar
12-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Registered and paid for Sat!

6'9"Witha69
12-03-2010, 03:25 PM
If I register to bring the Camaro, but can't put it togther in time, can I run my HHR?

Bill Howell
12-03-2010, 03:28 PM
Any idea on how many runs we will get in? how much time is on the autocross, how much is on the track, and I assume the 0-60-0 is last as it will destroy tires. Just curious what the game plan is, I imagine the logistics for something this big is a nightmare. We divide into three groups. One will start on the big track, one on the autocross and one on the speed/stop. Then we rotate all groups so everyone does everything during the day. After we have all the groups run thru, then we open up all segments for fun runs and people usually get all the fun they can stand. Honestly, I did not run this year so I am not sure about the big track laps that counted, but I know everyone got 3 or 4 autocrossing and the same at Speed/Stop.

5 Saturday
18 Sunday

Bill Howell
12-03-2010, 03:30 PM
If I register to bring the Camaro, but can't put it togther in time, can I run my HHR?

Yes Sir, we don't discriminate. Just will not be eligible for King of the Coast trophy and bragging rights or contingency money.

-The Stig-
12-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Signed up for Saturday.

1 dinner.
1 medium shirt.
1 ticket to fun.

I'll be bringing the Pontiac again this year... the Camaro won't be done in time... unless I win the lottery, then I'm bringing a ZR1. lol

Bill Howell
12-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Thanks Matt, Rich and Nick

2 Saturday
18 Sunday

6'9"Witha69
12-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Registered and paid! Now to get to work on the Camaro. Looks like a few "sick days" and "vacation weeks" in my future.

Bill Howell
12-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Who is going to get the last one?
Thanks C!

1 Saturday
18 Sunday

Nessumsar
12-03-2010, 04:31 PM

Aww come on, you've got more than 80 days! (says the kid about the disassemble his car...)

Danny Thomas
12-03-2010, 04:55 PM
Thanks to all those that have signed up and gonna make this another sucessful event...if you miss this one then there is always RTTC 3 as long as we have a faucilty to have it. Bill, Yancy and myself like coming west...even if its just for an In and Out burger...we're cheap dates..lol

6'9"Witha69
12-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Just bring hooch!

Bill Howell
12-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Scott scores the last Saturday spot!

Saturday is sold out!
17 left for Sunday

Charley Lillard
12-03-2010, 05:58 PM
I'm comin you big baby.....

Bill Howell
12-03-2010, 06:00 PM
I'm comin you big baby.....

Refer to post #86, I said thanks! You will love the autocross, I just know it....

Joe is in for Sunday

16 left for Sunday

DFRESH
12-03-2010, 06:28 PM
Doug,

Dude, just as Jon said----I would add that your car would be a perfect car to bring to this event. It's a great place to really feel the car out, make some adjustments and see what happens. I can say this for sure, you will have a great time. Make sure you attend this one---you won't regret it.

Doug

The WidowMaker
12-03-2010, 08:53 PM
damn you guys are good. thats a huge turn out in a short amount of time. lets just hope the rain gods like us!

and im still in for helping out if needed. i hope to have the chevelle done by RTTC3.

Bill Howell
12-03-2010, 08:57 PM
wait, RAIN???? I know there is a song about in never raining in Southern California, of course most everyone here are too young to remember it..haha

Gandalf
12-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Bring Jimi and the boys--and the Elvis juice.

Man, that's half the reason I signed-up this year - I wanna meet Elvis ;-)

It's a great place to really feel the car out, make some adjustments and see what happens.

...or in my case, see if it runs, stops and goes around corners!

CarlC
12-03-2010, 09:17 PM
Burger and fries? Are they coming out with the truck or delivery? The truck can't make fries. The oil then becomes a hazardous waste hence creating transportation problems. Yes, it's California.

I'm glad I did not wait to sign up. If anyone is on the fence about Sunday it's time to pony up. The spots won't last long.

hotrod69camaro
12-03-2010, 11:17 PM
I see Charlie chimed in, can we talk Mark into running this deal too? I'd like to meet both of them

Bill Howell
12-04-2010, 07:28 AM
Burger and fries? Are they coming out with the truck or delivery? The truck can't make fries. The oil then becomes a hazardous waste hence creating transportation problems. Yes, it's California.

I'm glad I did not wait to sign up. If anyone is on the fence about Sunday it's time to pony up. The spots won't last long.

We will do like we did last year. We have it set up with two different locations to have 30 or so DD/Fries ready to go at a certain time and just pick them up and bring them back. Easy, no fuss that way.

dogz67chevelle
12-04-2010, 08:01 AM
STOKED!!! I'm in...

Larry, you better dust off the pink hat for me. I have a feeling it has my name written on it...

deanna

Bill Howell
12-04-2010, 08:03 AM
STOKED!!! I'm in...

Larry, you better dust off the pink hat for me. I have a feeling it has my name written on it...

deanna

We may just buy one just for you...haha
We are looking forward to seeing your new car run. I really wanted that car myself so will be happy to see it hit the track this event.

Steve da Wrench
12-04-2010, 08:04 AM
Sorry guys, missed a page when I was reading it last time, so I missed the specs and asked a stupid question!

I read them all this time (I think), but did not find an answer so far. Is it possible to run dual-drivers in the same car (at least on Sunday, since Saturday is already sold out). Scott is already signed up for both days, and I would like to do both days, but only Sunday is open at this time. So, can we dual drive on Sunday?

Bill Howell
12-04-2010, 08:08 AM
Sorry guys, missed a page when I was reading it last time, so I missed the specs and asked a stupid question!

I read them all this time (I think), but did not find an answer so far. Is it possible to run dual-drivers in the same car (at least on Sunday, since Saturday is already sold out). Scott is already signed up for both days, and I would like to do both days, but only Sunday is open at this time. So, can we dual drive on Sunday?

Yes, with the understanding that YOU keep up with the proper number on the car when it runs that driver. I just don't have the time to do that for you. The car would get two numbers and it would be up to yall to have the correct one X out so timing can keep the record straight. Wrong number showing would mean disqualification.

dogz67chevelle
12-04-2010, 08:16 AM
We may just buy one just for you...haha
We are looking forward to seeing your new car run. I really wanted that car myself so will be happy to see it hit the track this event.

Yeah, you might as well just give me the hat now. No one will have to worry about wearing the hat with me around.

Everyone is welcome, in advance.

deanna

Steve da Wrench
12-04-2010, 08:35 AM
I just got signed up! :) See you all there!

Bill Howell
12-04-2010, 08:39 AM
Thanks Deanna and Steve

Saturday-SOLD OUT!
Sunday- 12

PTAddict
12-04-2010, 08:45 AM
Scott scores the last Saturday spot!

Saturday is sold out!
17 left for Sunday

I had no idea I was cutting it that close! Very happy to have made it, see you all there.

Scott

Roadbuster
12-04-2010, 09:27 AM
Update guys!

Yes a big thanks to all the sponsors and to Bill!

RobNoLimit
12-04-2010, 09:38 AM
I'm in!!! and I have a few new tricks planned. Stronger, Faster, but without the 6 million $ pricetag. See you there.

796spdbu
12-04-2010, 09:56 AM
I'm in!!! and I have a few new tricks planned. Stronger, Faster, but without the 6 million $ pricetag. See you there.

Rob,
Cant wait to see the truck! Ive been reading the "make it handle" thread on 67-72chevytrucks.com. Good info.

CrossRamRich
12-04-2010, 11:47 AM
Bill,
Decided to add dinners and shirts, how do I go about this?

Thanks, Rich

79-TA
12-04-2010, 12:36 PM
See you guys on Sunday then. Saturday guys, make sure to get the track nice and clean for me!

67zo6Camaro
12-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Ok Im in. See all of ya at the event.

Brett

67zo6Camaro
12-04-2010, 02:07 PM

tell me you didn't convert to E85 with a flux-copasitor.

Chucks73
12-04-2010, 03:33 PM
Did not see a sign-up for workers? I signed up for Dinner and the cruise and can work Sat or Sun or both. Someone needs to keep you guys in line. lol

Bill Howell
12-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Bill,
Decided to add dinners and shirts, how do I go about this?

Thanks, Rich

Just fill out a new registration and pay for them that way.

DFRESH
12-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Bill, will you be putting up a list of who is attending and what days?

Thanks Brother---

Doug

Bill Howell
12-05-2010, 06:51 AM
Doug,
I have less than 10 spots left for Sunday. Once I feel the venue, I will post up the paying participants. Vendor list changes as they figure out what to bring, and as the finish new projects, so I will list what I am sure of on them. It will be nice this year to have time to plan and prepare since I know who is coming so early.
Thanks guys for your prompt response here and let me say publicly to those that have already called or pmed about missing the cutoff. I am sorry, and probably next year we will have a 3 day event so everyone gets to participate. I hated to cut the registration off, but to be fair to those already in, and know that we will have plenty of track time, I just had to. Though, as a promoter it is a good problem to fill up fast, it still sucks to have to turn people away. I am working on fixing that now.

ChMX
12-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Bill,

I recieved this late and just signed up for Sunday since Saturday is sold out. Please let me know if any one wants to sell there Saturday spot of if more become available. I will have the new car broke in and up to speed.

Thanks!

-Chris

LM7_67
12-05-2010, 03:26 PM
registered for dinner and Sunday, hoping a spot on Saturday opens up since I'll be there anyway

Bill Howell
12-05-2010, 04:38 PM
Tom and Chris, I will see what I can do.
We are down to 4 spots on Sunday then we will close registration completely.

Bill Howell
12-05-2010, 08:40 PM
Registration is now Closed guys!
Thanks to everyone that pre-registered. We look forward to a great show and I will get a list up of who all is coming soon.

tazzz25906112
12-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Wow sold out already................ Congratulations Bill this will be a stellar event that I'm really looking forward too again.

Flash68
12-06-2010, 12:07 AM
Bill,

I figured there would be a discount at the La Quinta that is associated with our group, but the reservation people were not aware of such a deal. Since we are likely dominating the hotel I would think, was there a call in to them for a group rate? They told me they could apply it later if this was setup between now and Feb with the hotel... just a thought to save everyone some extra bucks!

Vegas69
12-06-2010, 08:01 AM
Bill, guesstimate on the percentage or pre 81 cars that are running for the title?

Bill Howell
12-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Bill,

I figured there would be a discount at the La Quinta that is associated with our group, but the reservation people were not aware of such a deal. Since we are likely dominating the hotel I would think, was there a call in to them for a group rate? They told me they could apply it later if this was setup between now and Feb with the hotel... just a thought to save everyone some extra bucks!
Melinda will call them in the morning and see what we can work out. I intend to stay there for sure.

Bill Howell
12-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Bill, guesstimate on the percentage or pre 81 cars that are running for the title?

I will have that info and who is coming up tomorrow.

Flash68
12-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Melinda will call them in the morning and see what we can work out. I intend to stay there for sure.

Sounds good. Thanks Bill

Larry Callahan
12-06-2010, 08:17 PM
If you need a room you should speak up here

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?75213-RTTCII-hotel-needs

RobNoLimit
12-07-2010, 12:47 PM
Is there any camping on site? motorhome?

Bill Howell
12-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Is there any camping on site? motorhome?

Not at El Toro, have to be off the property every night. I don't know about anywhere close, someone else that lives close may know.

Bill Howell
12-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Here is a list of most everyone coming to RTTCII
Most are in for both days.

Todd Akes
Matt Alcala
Casey Aldridge
Sam Ashteokenyan
Steven Banister
Rich Bermea
Gregg Blundell
Scott Borduin
Matthew Briggs
Larry Callahan
Bruce Cambern
Brett Campbell
Kent Carpenter
Carl Casanova
Brett Cavanah
Michael Cavanah
Rob Chandler
Tom Ciancitto
Chuck Felton
James Fields
Tom Foglesong
Blake Foster
Cris Gonzalez
David Cordon
Brett Habegger
Steve Heino
Brian Hobaugh
Joe Huerta
Rick Klein
Rodger Lee
Charley Lillard
Gerald Lum
Rob MacGregor
Deanna Marengo
Steven Martinez
Chris Mccrea
Albert Melchior (3)
Erich Monteith
Kyle Newman
Erik Nielsen
Rob Phillips
Valerie Pichette
Mary Pozzi
Rodney Prouty
Michael Provencher
Jon Rasmussen
Doug Renner
Jay Reynolds
Chris Robinson
Nicholas Ruffley
Paul Setter
James Shipka
Don Swertfeger
Greg Tholen
Jon Upton
Brian Waldo
Dan Weishaar
Greg Weld
Ron Wheeler
Mike Wright
Steve Rupp
Nick Licata
Henry De Los Santos
Johnny Hunkins
Jeff Smith
Sean Haggai
Kyle Tucker
Three other unnamed sponsor cars
One unnamed participant

Nessumsar
12-08-2010, 08:48 AM
Wooo!

chevyhector
12-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Hey Bill, Maybe this question has been addressed already, But I have to ask. Do you need volunteers to help out ?

Bill Howell
12-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Hey Bill, Maybe this question has been addressed already, But I have to ask. Do you need volunteers to help out ?Yes, thanks. I see you found the help thread, thanks.

chevyhector
12-08-2010, 03:06 PM
BTW, did the hot dog vendor get ahold of you?

SLO_Z28
12-08-2010, 03:27 PM
My name is on the interwebs :O lol

Any chance of a car list? just curious, even if it is very tentative.

Bill Howell
12-08-2010, 03:56 PM
No on the hot dog vendor

90+% camaro, hows that...haha

chevyhector
12-08-2010, 03:59 PM
[QUOTE=Bill Howell;750026]No on the hot dog vendor

Ill give him a call and remind him to contact you.

DFRESH
12-08-2010, 08:31 PM
90+% camaro, hows that...haha

Nick and Steve will stay busy those two days then---LOL

Doug

CarlC
12-08-2010, 08:51 PM
Please tell me Bruce is bringing the Nuclear Weapon!

79-TA
12-08-2010, 09:03 PM

I'm really hoping he does! In fact, I hope he runs 200 treadwear tires and still smears everyone.

Cobra 498
12-09-2010, 02:19 PM

Sorry guys, the nuclear weapon is being redesigned to accommodate a set of 13" Baer brakes and 6 pot calipers, I also have to replace the flywheel and clutch assembly because it cracked one of the spokes in the flywheel at Infineon. It will probably be inoperable until May at the earliest. I am going to have to bring my ill handling overweight FGT instead. I am hoping to get the high speed oversteer fixed by February. I am really looking forward to the event and having a chance to talk to everyone and actually look at the great machinery. Things are so compressed at the OUSCI that there is never time to look at the cars and talk to the builders.

TCI Engineering
12-10-2010, 12:54 PM
After we have all the groups run thru, then we open up all segments for fun runs and people usually get all the fun they can stand.

Last year everyone made fun runs on the autocross and stop challenge but not the road course. Will we be able to run the road course for fun this year if time permits?

How many Fords are signed up(besides Rob)? Ed has been burning the midnight oil on the Mustang trying to get it ready.

-J

Joey_H
12-10-2010, 09:13 PM
I registered my 82 Mustang GT, I'll be representing the Foxbody. :woot:

rjs65
12-12-2010, 05:51 PM
I'm bringing my 65 Mustang. I hope I'm too embarrassed by all the Camaros.

rjs65
12-12-2010, 05:54 PM
I'm bringing my 65 Mustang. Guess I'm representing the 1st gen Mustangs. I hope I'm not too embarrassed by all the Camaros

ivmotor
12-14-2010, 08:25 PM
I'm bringing my 65 Mustang. Guess I'm representing the 1st gen Mustangs. I hope I'm not too embarrassed by all the Camaros

here we go with the food chain. I'm bringing a volvo...where does that put me? I hope not to be embarrassed by all the tow rigs?

-The Stig-
12-17-2010, 01:12 PM
My vote goes to the Volvo for "Most out of place, but super sweet anyways" award.

Odd ball cars are awesome. :)

Joey_H
12-20-2010, 09:07 AM
If I were bringing a Volvo I'd hope not to be embarrassed by a SAAB. :-)

tazzz25906112
12-20-2010, 11:25 AM
Hell just to be a part of the event fun makes us all winners in my mind so who cares what your driving,,, its all fun with this group...

Nessumsar
12-20-2010, 12:54 PM
Hell just to be a part of the event fun makes us all winners in my mind so who cares what your driving,,, its all fun with this group...

Agreed!

CDMBill
12-22-2010, 12:01 PM
Bill, I'm now signed up for dinner and a shirt but I missed the registration as I had a work conflict until today (shoot) So I'd like to volunteer as well.

That said: WANTED TO BUY SATURDAY or SUNDAY slots. Please PM if you can't make it and have a slot to sell.

Bill Fowler: 71 Mustang Convertible; PINK Hat in all three events at RTTC #1

CDMBill
12-22-2010, 01:05 PM
Life is Good! Sunday is a done deal. The car is heavy, the driver is slow, but we'll be there representing the porky 71-73 Mustangs. (Which weigh a lot less than the current ones BTW):smoke:

mdprovee
01-09-2011, 08:40 PM
Bill,

Quick question, I thought I read here that they were going to allow passengers this year? Is this true, I know last year they didn't allow passengers, and I am just trying to figure if I need to get a second helmet or not.

Thanks

Danny Thomas
01-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Bill,

Quick question, I thought I read here that they were going to allow passengers this year? Is this true, I know last year they didn't allow passengers, and I am just trying to figure if I need to get a second helmet or not.

Thanks

The same rules will apply as last year unless the company that is helping with the event has a different insurance policy and changed their rules. We will call and verify if any changes for this year. The best case is possible ride alones for autocross.

fivefive
01-22-2011, 10:20 AM
I have just heard of this event for the first time !

My car will not be finished in time (1964 GTO, current state-of-the-art chassis, 665 HP EFI BBC).

Since I live in the area of El Toro, I'm wondering if spectators have access, and if there is a fee to watch and meet people.

Thanks !

Eric

bosses son
01-22-2011, 03:48 PM
hey bill, are there going to be points given for cars driven over 100 miles like last year?

stewdaddy23
01-22-2011, 06:19 PM
Bill,
Got an e-mail telling me that a few spots are still open for RTTC. Is this true?

jjump59
01-29-2011, 03:33 PM
Same boat here, anything available or anyone that bought their spot(s) and can't make it? I'm looking for anything i can get, one day/ both days etc. thanks

1962nova
01-30-2011, 04:57 AM
Same boat here, anything available or anyone that bought their spot(s) and can't make it? I'm looking for anything i can get, one day/ both days etc. thanks

I am signed up for Sunday. I will not be able to make it. Let me know....

Kent

LM7_67
01-30-2011, 07:37 PM
still need a saturday spot....

please?

ErikLS2
01-31-2011, 08:26 AM
Any estimate on what time of day we'll be done at the track? My wife and kids will be at Disneyland that weekend and trying to get an idea of when I'll meet up with them. Thanks.

SIK02SS
02-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Too bad this falls on a race weekend for me :(

Gandalf
02-13-2011, 04:36 PM
Guys - I have to pass on being a participant this year so I have a registration available for both Saturday & Sunday if anyone wants to buy them. I'd prefer to sell both days to one person but if I get someone for each day I will gladly split them. PM me if interested - thanks. Oh - and I get to be on your crew :-)

G.

LM7_67
02-13-2011, 07:56 PM
guys - i have to pass on being a participant this year so i have a registration available for both saturday & sunday if anyone wants to buy them. I'd prefer to sell both days to one person but if i get someone for each day i will gladly split them. Pm me if interested - thanks. Oh - and i get to be on your crew :-)

g.

DIBS ON SATURDAY!!! ygpm!

Cobra 498
02-14-2011, 08:04 PM
Oh, please feel free to ask questions here or in a pm before you register. The only dumb question is the one not asked.

OK, here is my dumb question, is there a schedule of events for Saturday and Sunday for example: registration at track, tech, walk courses, select cars for each event, numbers assignment, lap timing, rotation schedule, etc. etc. I apologize if this question as been asked and answered just wondering what time to show up since I won't make it to the area until Friday afternoon. I assume all will be on the drive and dinner circuit by the time I get there and I am wondering how early I should be at El Toro to get everything done.

Bill Howell
02-14-2011, 08:07 PM
OK, here is my dumb question, is there a schedule of events for Saturday and Sunday for example: registration at track, tech, walk courses, select cars for each event, numbers assignment, lap timing, rotation schedule, etc. etc. I apologize if this question as been asked and answered just wondering what time to show up since I won't make it to the area until Friday afternoon. I assume all will be on the drive and dinner circuit by the time I get there and I am wondering how early I should be at El Toro to get everything done.

Be at El Toro at 7AM. Those that go on the cruise will get their numbers, and hopefully some tech done on Friday. We will have plenty of help and get cars teched quickly on Saturday and Sunday. The track opens at 7. We will have a quick registration there for those that did not make the cruise.

Gandalf
02-16-2011, 01:49 PM
Thanks guys.

Saturday ticket goes to Tom and Sunday to Deacon.

See you all there!

Guys - I have to pass on being a participant this year so I have a registration available for both Saturday & Sunday if anyone wants to buy them. I'd prefer to sell both days to one person but if I get someone for each day I will gladly split them. PM me if interested - thanks. Oh - and I get to be on your crew :-)

G.

796spdbu
02-20-2011, 03:42 PM
Sorry Things changed again

Steve da Wrench
02-22-2011, 08:29 AM
Due to the crappy weather that is going on the next few days on the west coast (Oregon & south), we are not going to make the event after all. Really bummed about it, but can't risk crashing the car in the snow/ice just trying to get there and back!

That said, if somebody want BOTH days , let me know.
I would prefer a phone call or an email rather than a post on the board, since I dont know when I will check it again.
First come, first served. I would prefer to let both days go together, but if two people can split it up, then let me know that also.

my phone number is 503-939-68 nine nine, and my email is [email protected]

Flash68
02-23-2011, 04:48 PM
Have an extra ticket for a participant for Saturday only. Please PM me or contact Rich Bermea directly @ 408-710-5988.

rogue
02-24-2011, 01:09 PM
I have been house ridden for the past 3 days so I have no idea whether or not I will be feeling up to driving to irvine this weekend let alone running.

Either way I will try to make it and meet some folks. Running or not. If I come I'll bring cash just in case someone cancels or whatever.

Steve da Wrench
02-24-2011, 03:44 PM
Bill,
I just sold my Sunday ticket to Christopher Robinson and his '69 Camaro, so please update your list.

Anybody else need a spot?
I still have my Saturday ticket available, as well as the Friday night dinner ticket.

Scott B also has Saturday AND Sunday tickets available too.

406 Q-ship
02-24-2011, 09:19 PM
I sent a PM to both Steve and Flash68 about their tickets on Saturday.

Steve da Wrench
02-25-2011, 07:08 AM
I sent a PM to both Steve and Flash68 about their tickets on Saturday.

I just sent a reply to your pm.
you can email me at [email protected]

Steve

406 Q-ship
02-25-2011, 12:03 PM
I got a ticket from Dales friend (flash68) for Saturday. Steve's ticket is still up for grabs, someone needs to jump on it.