PDA

View Full Version : Intresting way to route a return line

mlr1026
05-29-2005, 11:38 AM
Has anyone heard of or have some input on routing a f/i return line thru a fuel filler neck? This way you are still using the oem tank.

myclone
05-29-2005, 03:36 PM
Ive heard of it and I have have seen the set up in mags a few years ago but didnt pay much attention to who made the "kit" so I cant steer you to the right place to pick one up.

Basically it worked just like you described using a small piece of tubing inserted into and welded to the fuel filler neck. There was a 90 deg bend in the tube that pointed towards the tank so the returning fuel didnt splash off the inside of the filler neck and possibly cause spillage issues.

You might try a searching on some of the FI retro fit sites to come up with the pieces or you could build your own pretty easily if you have the tools and ability.

bonesfab
05-29-2005, 07:44 PM
moroso made or makes it. i dont know if they still do.

brrymnvette
06-08-2005, 12:04 PM
I made my own. Just took a 1/8" steel nipple and brazed it in at an angle to the filler neck right before the tank on my corvair. I'll take a pic tonight if you want. I actually did this last week.

Andy

Joe_Rocket
06-29-2005, 11:25 AM
If you are going to go to that trouble, it's not much more difficult to just drop the tank, and remove the sending unit/fuel pickup assembly, then drill a hole and braze a second line in there.

I did that on my 69 and then just routed a second hardline right next to the first all the way to the front. Its a cleaner way to go, and keeps all the lines away from the outer edges of the body which seems a little safer to me.