PDA

View Full Version : Noob From Orlando

cham
05-29-2005, 07:30 AM
Hello,

I just joined up, found this site from LS1Tech. I have a 69 camaro hugger orange black stripes, Hotchkis springs 2" drop, KYB shocks misc suspension upgrades.

Supercharged 350 with hooker L/T's, flowmaster 40's, MSD billet dist, coil, Demon carb and misc speed parts. TT II 17's on low pros.

Alot of nice cars on this site, almost depresing to see how far I have to go.

Steve68
05-29-2005, 09:54 AM
Welcome Cham, I live in O-town also, as some others on this board, All that really matters is that you drive the car, alot like mine, are "in progress" projects, you ever take it to the track, I live on the east side of town, I have a 68 SS Camaro thats the build car "super car" I think that might be my new name for it, But I Bithlo and street the 70 Nova SS BB car ugly red rusty, skinny Fentons on front and rallys on back, soon to change, Steve

Bad Bowtie
05-29-2005, 12:42 PM
Welcome aboard Cham! You will find a great group of people here very knowledgeable and willing to help out.
Jack

Charley Lillard
05-29-2005, 05:54 PM
Will we see you in Kissimee on Power Tour ?

Ralph LoGrasso
05-29-2005, 06:06 PM
Welcome to the site.

pushrod243
05-30-2005, 03:56 PM
Welcome Im from Sanford(work)and Mt Dora(home) area here. I have a 1969 nova mostly drag car but slowly converting to pro tour. My brother is building a 1969 Camaro convertible with all global west suspension and a ls1. It should be pretty cool. We will be on the power tour from Tallahasse to Kissimee say hi if you see the car. Pic in Avatar and vb garage

PairOf69's
05-31-2005, 03:13 PM
I'll be there with out my car unfortunately

cham
05-31-2005, 04:50 PM
I should be able to make it. Just had to replace the front and rear main seals. The rear was a bear because we had to jack the engine up and remove the oil pump and rear main cap but the engine is back in along with a new clutch. I hope to be back up and running this weekend.

Its great to see so many others in the area, although I never see you guys on the road. I might be able to make it to the Kissimme power tour. What day, time and where?

I have had no drag time with her yet, right after I put the blower (Weiand 144) on the clutch wouldnt hold hard accelerations anymore. LOL I would be at the 60' reving 6,000 and going 10mph. I hope to be running soon.

Any good O town shows for protouring cars?

suh weet
06-01-2005, 04:18 AM
If not, looks like we will have to start one!

Steve68
06-01-2005, 05:53 AM
I don't think the whole P/T thing is caught on through O-town, most are Hot Rod shows, F- Body club used to do show in Waterford Lakes, I guess if we all got together we could make something happen???

cham
06-01-2005, 02:55 PM
Just a thought, there arent really enough guys here to make a large monthly show but maybe meeting once or twice or regularly with a local muscle club would be great.

I am up for the waterford lakes show.

steve g
06-01-2005, 03:04 PM
I'm also in Orlando but my 69 Firebird convertible's a long way from done. I would be interested to see some of the other cars here in the Orlando area though.

A friend of mine belongs to the local Jaguar club. Every now and then the club gets together and sets up a slalom course, and I believe has even gone down to Sebring. Wouldn't that be cool to do!