PDA

View Full Version : Video of my last autocross at OUSCI

DLinson
11-23-2010, 10:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcUAJpVFJ6s

This is my last attempt at the autocross at the OUSCI. Not so good but I decided to have a little fun with it. This is the one that I posted so you can imagine how bad the others were. The course was tight and my Nova has a horrible turning radius and no power steering. I'm surprised I didn't hit more cones. I still had fun and would do it again. Once I figure out how to load videos onto youtube better, I'll add a video of my speed stop run and some of the other videos my friend took. He got a few videos of Kyle's autocross and some of the Ring Brothers autocross and speed stop runs. My friend has a 66 Mustang he's working on so that was by far his favorite car there. He took more pictures and videos of their car than mine. So much for being my crew member for the day.

I was hoping more people would post up some video if they had them.

Dennis

454bug
11-23-2010, 06:55 PM
Hey Dennis,

It looks like you had a great time! The car looks great and not every autocross has so many 180 degree turns in them... Usually they have 90 degree turns, maybe 120... but 180's... come on! One would have been enough! Typically, there are more decreasing radius turns and sweeping turns... Those type turns would have let everyone keep more momentum throughout the course and not so much hot/cold racing...

I know how fortunate you are to have experienced this awesome event! I am happy for you!

Ron.in.SoCal
11-23-2010, 07:31 PM
Hey Dennis - @ SEMA your car looked great and sounded bad a**. Glad I got to see it in person...!

Derek69SS
11-23-2010, 07:38 PM
In slow, out fast.
In fast, out backwards. :slap:

Looks like you had fun!

showa
11-23-2010, 10:50 PM
Geee. You're right about the turning radius... Maybe you should let me have it for a couple years or so to sort it out for you........

Great car.. One of my favorites...

DLinson
11-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys. I think it was unanimous, all of the drivers thought it was too tight of a course. I can't complain though, I was only one of 52 people allowed to participate in the event which is pretty cool. Probably won't get to do it again.

Here is a clip of my best speed stop run, good enough for 17th. It was slick, the back end was slipping all the way down the track. It's hard to tell in the video but that's why it was a little crooked when I hit the brakes. If it doesn't require turning, I can do okay.

Still need more practice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9GhGflcL3w

Dennis