PDA

View Full Version : Paint Opinions

JMRealtor69
11-18-2010, 03:49 PM
Alright everyone I need some opinions. My 69 convertible Camaro is almost done with paint. Right now it is all black. I have 19" black rated X rushforth wheels with a polished lip, Black canvas top, it has a Yenko stinger hood, all black bumpers, and black bullet mirrors. I'm having a hard time deciding between leaving it all black or painting a grey stripe down the middle of the stinger hood, trunk, and tailpan and outlining the grey with really thin red pinstripes. I'm torn because I'd planned on the grey stripe the whole time, but seeing it all black made me second guess it. It just looks clean and sinister. But there are so many all Black Camaros I kind of wanted something different. I will post pics tomorrow.

justasquid
11-18-2010, 05:47 PM
Personally, I would stick with all black. I think all black cars look killer. A single stripe may look out of place if everything else is blacked out. If the wheels were the same color as the stripe, it might look a little better, but if everything is black, I don't think I would stripe it.

Having said that, a stripe that is just a touch lighter in color than the body color can look very nice.. sort of a ghost stripe. One that is so subtle, you don't see it right away. I would talk with your painter and see if can lighten the black a little and then spray the stripe. maybe even a flat black stripe, but I see a lot of those lately. If you do the ghost stripe, don't add the red stripe to the outside. I would only add a thin red stripe if the stripe itself is a strong contrast to the black car. If you do stripe it with a red pinstripe, consider putting a thin red pinstripe around your wheels too.

In the end, I think the all black is a great look, and thats what I would do.

JMRealtor69
11-18-2010, 08:17 PM
Here's a few examples of the stinger hood painted with a stripe.423304232942328

chops101
11-20-2010, 05:52 AM
Ghost Stripe.
I've seen a couple on all black cars and it is awesome.
A light charcoal under the clear.

I'll be doing the same thing on an all black 69 Vert only with rally (Z28) stripes

speedshftr
11-20-2010, 12:30 PM
all black like doom.bad ass when clean

elitecustombody
11-20-2010, 01:33 PM
leave it all black

Northeast Rod Run
11-20-2010, 02:28 PM
Personally, I would stick with all black. I think all black cars look killer. A single stripe may look out of place if everything else is blacked out. If the wheels were the same color as the stripe, it might look better, but if everything is black, I don't think I would stripe it.

I agree

77thor
11-21-2010, 09:22 AM
Ghost Stripe.
I've seen a couple on all black cars and it is awesome.
A light charcoal under the clear....

+1
That would be an awesome combo.

fatelvis
12-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Be brave, Torch red baby!