PDA

View Full Version : New touch screen Interface

kjwalters
11-18-2010, 10:47 AM
Hello everyone

I am happy to announce the release of the ne MiMod HP touch interface. The mosy powerful touc interface on the market. I think this is something that people in this hobby are going to love.
The unit we developed is a touch screen interface that takes the place of all your typlical toggles and switches. But, it's far more than that.
Besides switching things like, fuel pumps, fans, lights, door locks, windows, truck release etc...The unit offers some really unit features, that people who build custom cars will love. Some of these features were only available to OEM manufactures....until now. I wanted the Ghia to have today Technology and comforts found in OEM cars.

Below you will see the opening screen for the ghia. This pic can also be used as a background as well. We placed a rough rendering just for mockup. The user will be able to have a pic of there vehical installed before shipping.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Another feature of the unit is that it offers a standard security system, that is far better than anything out there. The unit has a security screen that appears after the opening screen. It will cue the driver to enter his/her pin or code (customer chosen). Until the code is entered nothing the screen controls will be able to be activated. Fuel pumps, lights, ignition etc.... once activated this screen will also appear when suffing the internet or accsessing GPS functions etc.. This feature can also be disabled if you wish at the time of order. We are currenlty working on a Bio-Metric security option as well.

Here is a pic of a couple of differnet switch panles we mocked up for the Ghia. As you can see the layout allows for a clean and easily visable
point of interface for all your vehical fuctions.
Each unit's graphics, back ground, switch shapes, colors, function and lay out are dictated by the customer upon order. The unit can also be set up to display in a vertical position to allow install in between the seats in narrow consoles. We will work with you each step of the way and send pics of the screen layouts, so you can change or tweek whatever you want before the unit is every shipped. That means that every unit is unique to the customer, it's your unit. This is why we called it MiMOD HP (My Modifications- High performace)

Things like back dorund graphics and color can be changed from the screen itself. And if you would like button added, removed, changed or a screen added, there is no charge to have it done. Just call up customer service and start the desgin process, o.k the upgarde or change once you have seen it via e-mail; and they send out a new program that will interface with the unit. Done. No ther unit on the planet offers this degree of customizing.

The unit is also capable of displaying just about any sensor. For eg... Air ride suspension pressure, ride height, or outside air temp..ect. We are also working on the innerface for a TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) That will alow you to check tire pressures from the screen, tire temps and give alarms for low air or hi temp. Here is a Pic of a basic Gauge lay out, Note: the back gound is missing in this pic.

The unit will be OBDII capable in the very near furure. Allowing you to monitor every possible engine perameter as well as clear bad codes as needed.

Yet another feature we are currently testing, is a WIfi upgrade that will allow you to down load all information to a home copmuter, cell phone or lap top for anaylisis, before, after or during a race.
Aside from this the unit will also be GPS, and back up camera compatiable. And we also offer a split screen option that allows you to display basic gauges such as speedo, tach, Iol pressure, fuel level, vots..etc... in a second panle located behind the steering wheel, while leveing all the other features and touch interfacing to the first unit loctated in the dash or console.

We have some other very cool features in the works, but I think you get the idea.
The basic MiMod Hp is capable of displaying gauges and switching right out of the package. You can add new apps as your needs change. For eg.
GPS
WIFI
HD Radio
Satellite radio
Entertainment pack (MP3, DVD etc..)
TPMS (tire pressure temp and pressure)
BI-Meteric security
Accelerometer performance upgrade.

We are always working on new applications and new options that you will be able to add whenever you like to your MiMid HP.

Lastly...We are currenlty working with ISIS power and MiMod HP will be able to interface flawlessly with their products.

Web Site is www.MiModHP.com (http://www.mimodhp.com/) Made in the USA!

Thank you
Jamie Walters
MiMod HP Rep.
1-877-348-1822
1-815-664-8898 cell

GRNOVA
11-18-2010, 11:55 AM
Wow this look nice. will you be able to download computer tunes with this off the internet?

kjwalters
11-18-2010, 12:23 PM
Wow this look nice. will you be able to download computer tunes with this off the internet?

With the Wifi option you could do that. Most people will opt for the MP3 of course. But really the possibilities are endless. We can even down load new apps instanlty to your MiMod HP after purchasing them.

wellis77
11-18-2010, 12:26 PM
I am all about this product Jamie. You guys have certainly done your homework. Looking forward to the integration into ISIS and whatever you guys come up with.

Opie
11-18-2010, 02:44 PM
That looks really awesome. You guys did a great job.

I'm interested in how the sensors and subsystems will connect. Will there be a whole bunch of relay connections? The only connectors I could see on the web site were USB, DVI, etc.

kjwalters
11-18-2010, 03:34 PM
I am all about this product Jamie. You guys have certainly done your homework. Looking forward to the integration into ISIS and whatever you guys come up with.

Hi Will,
As you know we are working with ISIS to interface our systems. It is our inital impresion that this
will be easy and seamless, which all currrent ISIS owners will love.
Thanks for comment Will.

kjwalters
11-18-2010, 03:41 PM
The MiMod will work with the standard relays in your vehicals system. For the most part all you have to do is wire the items you want MiMod HP to control to the "Fusion Panel" in our system and your good to go. Not much more difficult than putting in a toggle. Ther may be some acceptions to the rule, but MiMod Hp was designed to be user friendly and not a pain to install. I hate wiring and really stink at it, so it was important for this system to not be intimidating to guys like me. I think we have suceeded in that area.

GRNOVA
11-18-2010, 03:47 PM

I am talking about tuning your ECM

kjwalters
11-18-2010, 05:30 PM

Sorry about that. We are panning on being able to do just that in the future. Right now, we are focused on getting MiMod HP units to customers, afterwards we will be focused on developing new apps. customizing options. But, rest assured that is one of our goals. Right now we can update the MiMod HP instantly if you have the WiFi option installed. This will aid in down laoding new options later.
Thanks for the question

wellis77
11-18-2010, 10:45 PM

That's a great option considering most (if not all) tuning software is Windows based.

Jamie, I would bet most of us at some point have had a hardrive crash on us. What's the anticipated longevity of this computer/hardrive, what kind of protections are in place for keeping viruses out and the computer running optimally? This would probably be very beneficial for those taking advantage of the WiFi option where the computer would be succeptible to downloaded viruses. Are hardrive back-ups a possibility? Back-ups would probably be especially important if other software is being used, i.e. tuning software. One could easily put a wireless external harddrive in the garage to store the back-ups.

GRNOVA
11-19-2010, 04:54 AM
I was thinking something computer/touchscreen to run everything

kjwalters
11-19-2010, 06:40 AM
That's a great option considering most (if not all) tuning software is Windows based.

Jamie, I would bet most of us at some point have had a hardrive crash on us. What's the anticipated longevity of this computer/hardrive, what kind of protections are in place for keeping viruses out and the computer running optimally? This would probably be very beneficial for those taking advantage of the WiFi option where the computer would be succeptible to downloaded viruses. Are hardrive back-ups a possibility? Back-ups would probably be especially important if other software is being used, i.e. tuning software. One could easily put a wireless external harddrive in the garage to store the back-ups.

Hi Will
The MiMod HP runs an embeded window 7 acitecture. For those who do not have the WiFi option, viruses are not an issues. That being said, we are planning on having a customer site that will allow customers to set up a profile and store all thier info, such as layouts, switches, gauge designs and options. Once they purchase new apps, they will be storeded in their personal profile page and can be accsess anytime. If they ever need to restore or change a section of the MiMod HP they will be able to access everything they need there. With Wifi, it would just be a matter of a phone call, and these things could be changed instantly.
We do not for see any issues with crashes, the engineer and product development department made MiMod HP to be robust and reliable. Hope this answers your questions.

Jamie

wellis77
11-19-2010, 07:35 AM
Answers that question. I'll let you know when I have more... Thanks Jamie.

kjwalters
11-19-2010, 08:56 AM

Are harddrive back-ups a possibility? Back-ups would probably be especially important if other software is being used, i.e tuning softeware. One could easily put a wireless external harddrive in the garage to store the back-ups.

Hi Will
Yes that can be done. Our engineer does this with his car. Everytime he pulls into his garage the MiMod down loads
all the data and vehical performace info for him to his computer. He does this not because of system crashes, but rather to keep track of the
Vehical data because he running a complete EV (electric power) setup in his car.
When we eventual have the tuning apps. in place it will work the same way.

my72vette454
11-21-2010, 07:59 AM
Just curious, will you have am/fm radio available too?

kjwalters
11-21-2010, 10:46 AM
Just curious, will you have am/fm radio available too?

We do not have a plan for Am/FM at this time. We do offer a HD or Satellite radio option however.

kjwalters
11-23-2010, 04:48 PM
We do not have a plan for Am/FM at this time. We do offer a HD or Satellite radio option however.

O.K, I will have to change my answer. We have just strated looking at developing an option for Am/Fm Radio.

GRNOVA
11-23-2010, 07:20 PM
So if I purchase this now... Because I am on the fence with MiMod and the IN Touch from ISIS... are you saying that I can upgrade the software to have am/fm radio, download and tune the ECM with the wifi, and will integrate with my ISIS system? Or do I have to wait for a new piece to be developed.
Also will there be an apple app in the future?

wellis77
11-23-2010, 10:25 PM
Keeps getting better Jamie. Great move on the AM/FM radio. Keep up the great work guys!

kjwalters
11-24-2010, 05:44 AM
Hi Tom

We are currently developing the AM/Fm feature and ECM tune. So not, they are not not currently available. However once they, you can purchase the apps and add it to the MiMod HP at anytime. We are moving as quickly as possible on the development on these options, as well as others.
The point of posting development updates is to keep you guys informed at what direction the MiMod HP is going, and the features it will offerr that you.
Things like WIFI, GPS, HD and Satellite radio are ready now. It's ability to interface with ISIS is something we are working on at the request of many in the forum.
Our Goal is to offer a system that can do everyhting a car nut could ask. That said most people will not purchase the MiMod HP and all the apps at one time. Most will opt to buy the MiMod HP with one or two added features and add different apps. as they go along.
Thanks Tom
Jamie

kjwalters
11-24-2010, 05:47 AM
We are certainly trying Will. There's allot of demand for different apps. and options so we are busting our humps to make it happen.
What people don't realize is that they can add new apps and options as we get them done. The first move should be to purchase the MiMod HP and get it installed and layed out with the features currently available. The more we sell, the more apps and options we can develop, and more quickly. Thanks Will

kjwalters
11-24-2010, 12:44 PM
We have decided to do a small promo run for the PT forum to see how things go. If we move these 5 units, we will have another. There is a 2 week lead time on these units as we speak.

Reg price or MiMod HP-$1870

Promo Price-$1495 plus a free back up cam ($187.50 vlaue)

Total savings=$562.50

I will need you PT name ID name in order for you to take advantage of this price.

5 units only. Fantastic savings guys, dont miss out.

GRNOVA
11-25-2010, 09:23 AM
Jamie,
I Need to see actual pictures of the product and maybe a live video of the product working. What exactly comes with the promo are there monitors included? Sorry to be such a pain, but these are things I need to know before making such a purchase.

kjwalters
11-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Jamie,
I Need to see actual pictures of the product and maybe a live video of the product working. What exactly comes with the promo are there monitors included? Sorry to be such a pain, but these are things I need to know before making such a purchase.

Hi Tim

Go to You tube and search MiMod, we have a few short videos there of the MiMod EV version.
The MiMod has proven itself in the feild and is a soild product. You dont have the major companies
involved we do without a soild working product.

As for what the units come with (promo or not), Every MiMod comes with a 7" screen, PC, and fusion panel.
Besides that you will get excellent customer Service. Our customer support and development team will work
with you to set up the screens, switches colors etc.. the way you would like them.
For the Promo you will also recive the back up cam which is will be plug and play, ready to go.
I have promo units left.

Thanks Tim.
Jamie

kjwalters
11-25-2010, 07:37 PM
we have decided to do a small promo run for the pt forum to see how things go. If we move these 5 units, we will have another. There is a 2 week lead time on these units as we speak.

Reg price or mimod hp-$1870

promo price-$1495 plus a free back up cam ($187.50 vlaue)

total savings=$562.50

i will need you pt name id name in order for you to take advantage of this price.

5 units only. Fantastic savings guys, dont miss out.

******* only 4 units left**********************only 4 units left***********************only 4 units left*************
******* only 4 units left**********************only 4 units left***********************only 4 units left*************

kjwalters
11-26-2010, 04:59 AM
**only 3 units left************************only 3 units left**************************only 3 units left*************
**only 3 units left************************only 3 units left**************************only 3 units left*************

kjwalters
11-27-2010, 07:35 AM
******only 1 unit left**************only 1 unit left********************only 1 unit left*****************
******only 1 unit left**************only 1 unit left********************only 1 unit left********************
******only 1 unit left**************only 1 unit left********************only 1 unit left********************

kjwalters
11-29-2010, 11:13 AM
All units sold*********all units sold************all units sold*************all units sold****************

kjwalters
11-29-2010, 11:14 AM
Hello Everyone

As you know the 5 units we had for the PT forum went VERY quickly, even though most people were away for the holiday. So we have decided to extend the promo and add 3 more units.

These units will include MiMod HP with 7" screen and free back up camera for $1495, which is a savings of $562.50.

Also if you would like to purchase any other apps and options we will discount them if purchased with the promo.

The first 5 units went out nearly all fully loaded. A average total savings was over $725.00

Dont miss out!!

Jamie Walters
MiMod HP Rep.
1-815-664-8898 cell

kjwalters
12-04-2010, 06:49 AM
*****2 Promo extention units left*******

We are working on the accelerometer performace app. And should be done within the next couple weeks. This will be a great addition to have
with the OBDII for tuning.
The HD Am/Fm option is also jus about done.

GRNOVA
12-04-2010, 07:07 AM
What's the status on the compatibility with Isis and will there be an ap for 3 or 4G service?( I am all about making this work.)

kjwalters
12-04-2010, 12:03 PM
We have been working on interfacing with ISIS which is going very well. You will know more in the next week or so.
As for the 3 or 4 G, we have also been discussing this. It's all in the works.

kjwalters
12-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Thanks for your business Tim.

*********One unit MiMod HP unit left at the Promo price************

kjwalters
12-07-2010, 04:59 AM
Hey Guys

We are now offering a nice little USB port option that mouts right in your dash or console so you

can plug in your MP3 player. Comes in Chrome or black.

kjwalters
12-10-2010, 10:11 AM
We have 1 promo unit left*****

kjwalters
03-12-2011, 04:36 PM
I know it's been awhile since the last update, things have been going crazy as we have been filling orders with a major EV trucking company. I thought you guys would like to see the MiMOD in action. We recently did some testing on the system they will be using. The setup they are using is not fansy or crazy but is simple and stright forward for the driver. It works Just awsome. We should have some video of the units we sold on here running very soon. Thanks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQei3N9lS-U&feature=player_embedded

kjwalters
04-14-2011, 08:02 AM
Hey Guys, I know it's been awhile since I had an update. Growing pains. But we have some video of some setup on you tube i thought you guys would like to see. CHeck out the videos. We should have some video coming soon form the first 10 units sold here. Most, if not all, are already out the door. We are now taking orders for the next batch of units and now offer a standard system setup that is user customizable from the screen for color, switch display, gauge setup..etc...etc.. This makes turn around much much quicker and we can get units out the door for most customers within 48 hours if they choose the Standard setup.
If you want custom screens there is now a small fee, simply because of the time it takes to get things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcJoxXZksr8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHTRl...be/ws_XA9yBDjE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws_XA...ature=youtu.be

kjwalters
04-28-2011, 04:39 PM
Hello everyone, Well It's time for a spring sale. Now is the time to order MiMod HP and receive some great discounts.
Check out this link. Unit will ship within 5 days if no major customization is needed. Also we have expanded the MiMod HP and many aspects are now customer customizable from the screen.

Check it out.
MiMod Control and Monitoring Systems
For High Performance VehiclesBring your HP vehicle up to the latest in vehicle system monitoring and control with MiMod.ONLY $1,868.75 (Special Retail Pricing Good Through 7/31/2011)The basic package includes:
•Device control of up to 16 customizable switches either through relays or through ISIS
•Now with WiFi Card included! (allows connection to a wireless access point)
•Now with MP3 Music console included! (easily upload hundreds of your favorite tunes)
•Ability to add your own background images. Twelve available color schemes and themes
•Driver authentication (access code) screen
This offers a savings with options of $298.75 over retail. Order now and be ready for the season!