PDA

View Full Version : Mark your calendars everyone

Bill Howell
11-12-2010, 07:16 PM
That's right, mark your calendars for May 27-29, 2011. Memorial Day weekend will be spent at the new Nashville speedway with a power packed event. Autocrossing, Road Racing, Speed/Stop, cruising, even a night downtown in Nashville. Bring your wife, kids and car. There will be something for everyone.

We are working on the details as I type this, but trust me, it will be a don't miss event. As promised at the Pro-touring dinner, we are working on new events all the time, and here is proof.

I have it on good authority that Prodigy Customs and Forgeline are in for another set of give away wheels for this one too, so be sure and register, that is all it will take to be in the drawing for them.

FYI, anyone coming to Nashville for the Good Guys show, this is the weekend after that show.
If you are a vendor that will be in Nashville at the GGs show or just want to help support the hobby, we are looking for you also, contact me via PM.
As always, we will put you in front of people actually looking for quality parts and some that will be running your parts. No better way to advertise your wares than see them in actual use.

More to come as soon as we get everything worked out, but for now, start making your plans.

This event will cover the Southeast, El Toro gets you west coast guys something, and know this, there are other NEW events in the works, so stay tuned and see what else pops up. I think most everyone will be happy as new events continue to pop up across the country. Just a hint, you northeast guys may have a surprise soon.........

ProdigyCustoms
11-12-2010, 07:19 PM
Great news Bill. We will be there to participate and as you mentioned will giveaway to one lucky entrant a set of Forgelines.

Cannot wait.

critter
11-12-2010, 07:25 PM
Maybe I can come and cruise this year. I'm no competitor but I'd love to watch.

Larry Callahan
11-12-2010, 09:02 PM
You don't have to be a "competitor". Come on out and just have fun.

musclecarmatt
11-12-2010, 09:16 PM
sweeet!..i go ahead and mark my calender!

Finch
11-13-2010, 05:58 AM
For the Nashville event we plan to put more focus on maximum track time vs the competition piece and continue trending these events to being about fun times and hanging out with good people. Also just like RTTH all prizes will be given away in a drawing type format and anyone who enters is eligable regardless of performance.

Bad94
11-13-2010, 06:30 AM
If i dont have the nova ready will i be able to bring the streat beater Z v2.0 that i had at RTTH's?

Im game.

So i take it that Midwest event is going to be a different weekend as last year.

tazzz25906112
11-13-2010, 07:28 AM
Looks like another great season of driving across America to awesome events with friends ;-),,,,, as always I'm in buddy.....

tommycomfort
11-13-2010, 07:31 AM
You can count us in! We're all about the driving experience and good friends! Well, at least until Deb gets the wagon ready for competition...
Tom

Tucks69
11-13-2010, 07:59 AM
Sounds Cool! I am going to try and be there!

bkkpool
11-13-2010, 05:10 PM
This sounds like another great event for the Southeast. My calendar is marked!!!

KUSI
11-14-2010, 02:20 PM
I think Finch is trying to give me a completion date on my project with this event. :)
If I can't get it done by then I will still probably be hitching a ride in the black 2nd Gen pictured above me here.
Thanks to Bill, Frank, sponsors, and all the behind the scenes guys who have put together what will surely be another great event!

KUSI

ACR-Mark
11-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Count me in! I know the Nashville Speedway lot very well, it's like a second home to me. I'll help out in any capacity possible. I too will either try to hitch a ride in the black Camaro (2 posts above), or maybe I'll be lucky and make my Firebird debut!

RS_Customs
11-14-2010, 08:30 PM
It's great to have another south eastern event! I'll save the date.

Robert

sr73bu
11-14-2010, 08:50 PM
I need some more info on that north-east surprise... haha... pm sent.

TonyBolton
11-15-2010, 01:28 AM
Wow! This is some really good news! Thanks to all those involved. The NSS is a great(and safe) place to stretch the legs out a bit more than your normal parking lot stuff.

protouring70
11-15-2010, 05:41 AM
OH BOY!!! Should I tell the wife there is an autocross event there or that I just want to take her to Nashville for a weekend to....spend time with her.......???!!!! Nah, I think she will go for this one!!!

Mike Holleman
11-15-2010, 05:52 AM
For the Nashville event we plan to put more focus on maximum track time vs the competition piece and continue trending these events to being about fun times and hanging out with good people. Also just like RTTH all prizes will be given away in a drawing type format and anyone who enters is eligable regardless of performance.
Cool deal! I really like the focus on maximum track time.
See you there.
Mike

Vinz68
11-15-2010, 02:29 PM
Awesome!! Should be a blast!!

71duster
11-17-2010, 02:32 PM
looks like i'm taking some vacation that weekend! since i got screwed at RTTH's with my trans,i'll be in nashville with some new goodies.

Bjkadron
11-17-2010, 03:26 PM
If its done I should be there! Driving this time instead of bumming rides! haha. I was going to shoot for the goodguys event, but If I can only do one then it will be this! Thanks Bill for getting us places to run! So how do we register? Any year limits on this one?

PARKERRS
11-18-2010, 10:50 AM
Bill, just let us know when and where to sign up and I'll be there. My son will probably be there as well.

jake72ss
11-18-2010, 04:38 PM
I've never driven in one of these events, are there any rules, tech inspections, minimum req., etc?

Bill Howell
11-18-2010, 04:48 PM
We do simple techs, like good brake pedal, helmet, no floormats, nothing loose in car or trunk, seatbelts, wheel lugs, secure battery. Some events are stricter than others, some require registration, tag, insurance, working horn, lights, etc. We don't get fast enough to require complete roll bars etc, however, that day is quickly approaching.
Most all events are now requiring a Treadwear Rating of 200 or more. You can usually compete with less, just not eligible for win or prizes.

jake72ss
11-18-2010, 05:06 PM
Thanks, I want to get some baselines before I change anything else, I might move the battery to the trunk. Mainly just want to make sure i don't need any major safety equipment as the car is in stock configuration for the most part.

89 RS
11-18-2010, 09:40 PM
Bill, Is there going to be a restriction on what years are allowed to participate? If I'm not able to actually participate, I'm willing to help with other stuff if needed. Looking forward to this event. Thanks

Bill Howell
11-19-2010, 04:37 AM
Bill, Is there going to be a restriction on what years are allowed to participate? If I'm not able to actually participate, I'm willing to help with other stuff if needed. Looking forward to this event. Thanks

No, this will be open to all makes and years. Of course, we would love only American cars and only 89 and older will qualify for contingency money, but all are welcome to come run.

Badger
11-19-2010, 06:20 AM
Sounds like a great event, I'll look to make it!

gtncpa
11-19-2010, 09:13 AM
Sounds like a blast!

protouring70
11-19-2010, 04:19 PM
I am shooting to be there, maybe another guy trip!

hifi875
11-20-2010, 11:00 AM
im in. i need all the experience i can get.

RJ66
11-23-2010, 06:51 PM
Sounds like it will be a lot of fun. I'm having driving withdrawls here in Wisconsin already( we had snow flurries today). Anyone on the fence about going to an event like this don't second guess it you will have a blast & hang out with some of greatest people I know.

796spdbu
11-27-2010, 07:03 AM
I'll be there. I should have my Nova ready by then if not ill bring the Camaro.

89 RS
11-27-2010, 02:24 PM
No, this will be open to all makes and years. Of course, we would love only American cars and only 89 and older will qualify for contingency money, but all are welcome to come run.

Sounds great! That's pretty cool that up to 89's are now able to qualify for contingency money. (Not that I'm on that level yet, but still cool.)

JEFFTATE
11-29-2010, 05:53 AM
Well ,
I will definitley be there !!
This will be a good place to stretch the Z06's legs !
I'll get some tires by then.

Tucks69
11-29-2010, 05:56 AM
Well ,
I will definitley be there !!
This will be a good place to stretch the Z06's legs !
I'll get some tires by then.

What no Camaro!

BOBBYA312
12-01-2010, 09:05 PM
Looking forward to this.

cobragt
12-01-2010, 09:46 PM
We'll see what I can possibly get done on one of the cars by then.

Danny Thomas
12-03-2010, 04:42 PM
Sounds like it will be a lot of fun. I'm having driving withdrawls here in Wisconsin already( we had snow flurries today). Anyone on the fence about going to an event like this don't second guess it you will have a blast & hang out with some of greatest people I know.

Hope you are able to make it Randy..hopefully a better course than Gingerman..hehe....It should be a fun weekend..Nashville has alot to offer..even for the wives

796spdbu
12-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Hope you are able to make it Randy..hopefully a better course than Gingerman..hehe....It should be a fun weekend..Nashville has alot to offer..even for the wives

The downtown bar district is a very good time!!

clancj
12-04-2010, 07:24 PM
i'll keep my eyes out for a registration and get the trailer ready for a road trip.

Steve1968LS2
12-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Man.. i HATE you east coast guys.. so many killer events :(

clancj
12-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Man.. i HATE you east coast guys.. so many killer events :(

I feel the same same about you west coast guys. (im in the middle) you also have them all year round!

Payton King
12-09-2010, 09:08 AM
Bill, thanks for so many great events..but y'all ae killing me with the dates. Father's day last year was a hard enough sale for Motorstate, now here is one closer on Memorial Day weekend. Making it tough on a guy with kids. I guess I get to see what type of salesman I am.

RS_Customs
12-09-2010, 09:47 AM
Bill, thanks for so many great events..but y'all ae killing me with the dates. Father's day last year was a hard enough sale for Motorstate, now here is one closer on Memorial Day weekend. Making it tough on a guy with kids. I guess I get to see what type of salesman I am.

You could always bring the family!

Robert

shmoov69
12-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Just saw this, actually when I read the MMCC is axed. Sounds like a cool event, how will it compare to the MMCC? Tracks comparable and "beginner" enough for rookies?

Thanks for all that you do for "the hobby" Bill!!

Bill Howell
12-29-2010, 08:33 AM
Jimmy, since it will be my first time at NJMP, I don't know that I can really give you a good comparison. Hopefully some of the guys that have been to both Putnam Park and NJMP can do that.
I am not sure MMCC is axed, I just know it will not be on Memorial Day this year, since we are planning the Nashville event that weekend. Personally, and I have told alot of people this, Putnam Park is probably my favorite track to date, and I hope the MMCC will still happen. I just felt really comfortable there and want to go back soon.

Bill Howell
12-29-2010, 08:33 AM
Sorry, wrong thread, wrong event.

shmoov69
12-29-2010, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the info Bill. I will anxiously await info!

Chucks73
12-29-2010, 08:26 PM
Very Cool I am planning on being there with the Vette. Bill need a helper you know I'm there???

Yelcamino
12-30-2010, 05:01 AM
I'll have to add this one to my calendar. Any idea when registration will open?

Ron Fox
12-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Finally an event in Nashville. It will nice to finally meat everyone from Pro-Tourning.com (and Lateral-g.net). Hope all can make it.

JEFFTATE
12-31-2010, 06:56 AM
we plan to put more focus on maximum track time vs the competition piece and continue trending these events to being about fun times and hanging out with good people.all prizes will be given away in a drawing type format and anyone who enters is eligable regardless of performance.

I like this .
This is what I have wanted to do / emphasize at PSMC..

JEFFTATE
12-31-2010, 07:02 AM
What no Camaro!

The Camaro still has Deer Damage and a leaking fuel tank..
If I can get a door skin on it , and a trunk pan , and a fuel tank by the end of May , I may bring it.
My bodyman ( David Sloan ) has been sick and it may be a while before we can get to it.

Plus , I've been looking for an event to wind-out the Z06.
I can't do anything with it on the street ( too dangerous for civilians )

protouring70
12-31-2010, 07:42 AM
Hey maybe the Trailblazer would do better on a bigger track !!!! small track and a bad driver doesn't match very good. It seems to do donuts???? not sure why!!!HAHAHA

1969rs
01-06-2011, 09:09 PM
You don't have to be a "competitor". Come on out and just have fun.

Still working on my car, but will definitely be there. This should be a great event and it's just an hour away. Thanks for all the work to get this going!

Cuzidid
01-10-2011, 05:34 PM
Bill,

Just yelled downstairs to the "Cone Master Terri" and she said our schedule is free.

See you there...Brad & Terri

Danny Thomas
01-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Can't wait, I have a chance to spend a great weekend with great friends in a great city....will be fun for all the family. Downtown Nashville has some great nightlife.

Finch
01-19-2011, 08:49 AM
Here is the Logo for the event, We will be using this to make the event t-shirts so should come out nice.

protouring70
01-19-2011, 05:42 PM
Here is the Logo for the event, We will be using this to make the event t-shirts so should come out nice.

Awesome!!! Can't wait to get mine!!!

01badz28
01-20-2011, 02:17 PM
Wow, this is awesome news Bill! Putting it on my calendar.

shmoov69
01-24-2011, 11:48 AM
I posted this over on Lat-G to see if there were any different responses from other people.

We have hotel reservations, so hopefully we will be there!
What is the layout and surroundings of the road course? I ask because I am a beginner and wadding my car into something totally scares the crap out of me! Not to mention, I don't have a cage!! I really liked Putnam Park layout because it was very open and you would have to try really hard to hit something......(good for beginners)

Man, I REALLY need a cage!! LOL

66SuperSport
01-25-2011, 05:10 AM
I posted this over on Lat-G to see if there were any different responses from other people.

We have hotel reservations, so hopefully we will be there!
What is the layout and surroundings of the road course? I ask because I am a beginner and wadding my car into something totally scares the crap out of me! Not to mention, I don't have a cage!! I really liked Putnam Park layout because it was very open and you would have to try really hard to hit something......(good for beginners)

Man, I REALLY need a cage!! LOL

I would like to hear from anyone that has run at this site before that can talk about what kind of run off room there is and how the road course is laid out. I printed off a site map of the facility, but that doesn't tell me how we would be using the track. Looks like a really cool venue, but all of those big stationary objects, walls, have me a little concerned too. No cage for me either. Even if I had one I would not be in a big hury to find out how well it worked.

shmoov69
01-25-2011, 11:01 AM
Lol yeah, I don't think I like the "testing" of the safety equipment either!!

I'm actually a bit nervous with the bigger turbos on mine now and reading "big mph capability" on the stretch. Cause without a doubt, mine has got some long legs with the 3.00 gear!

66SuperSport
01-31-2011, 04:45 PM
Registration is open, but I'm still waiting for someone to chime in here about the road course layout before i sign up.

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?