PDA

View Full Version : 72 chevelle w ls2 need transmission help.....

dropped72ss
11-12-2010, 06:29 PM
I am currently in the process of modernizing my 1972 chevelle to a ls2 from a trailblazer ss. My plans are probably to go with the edelbrock vic jr ls intake and carb to make it simple! The car is an automatic, so i figure staying with a overdrive auto would be most cost effective. I would like to install a set of l92 heads on it down the road with a nasty cam also. I don't know the differences in the 4l60 tran family? 4l80....4l80e what is the ideal transmission i should purchase? Also is there any vendors on this site that sell them? My car is basically going to be a cruiser with a little track time. I would like to try and take it to a autox someday too! Any info would be really appreciated. The rear axle ratio is 3:73 and its on 18" wheels thanks

Steve Chryssos
11-16-2010, 04:01 PM
For your application, a take out late model 4L65E with a shift kit should work well. No need to run a 4L80E. We offer a TPS kit that bolts directly to your carburetor. A shift kit is always a good idea. The secret to running an automatic in a pro touring car is getting the torque converter right. Our MuscleDrive™ converters are developed on the street, at autocross events and on road courses g. Give us a call and we'll set you up with everything you need.