PDA

View Full Version : '69 Pro-Touring Monaro GTS from Australia

PR02RN
11-12-2010, 02:44 PM
Hey Guys,

Thought some of you might be ineterested to check out my car. I have attached some photos somewhere here!

I bought it as a rolling shell which originally had a six cylinder/auto combo, now she's sporting a 5 litre EFI V8, 5 Speed manual and nine inch set up.

New modern leather interior, new chrome, new paint, new wheels pretty much everything was done at home over a two year period.

After being off the road for over fifteen years, two days after I got it registered in Spetember I drove it 2400 kilometers to the Monaro Nationals. Great trip no issues, other than I got there two hours late for judging! Long drive home!!!!

Next up she's going to get some bigger barkes and a vortech supercharger and well as an engine stroke. Can't wait.

Anyway, check out the pics and love to hear from anyone who wants to know more, about it, cheers.

neki67
11-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Welcome M8! Like your ride, definitely different from what we normally see 'round here.

One thing though; the sway bar end links?! Seems like they're thin and bent. Seems to me that should make it difficult for the bar to do it's work.

killer69
11-12-2010, 03:13 PM
Hey Mate.
Steering wheels on the wrong side!!!

Cool car !!

PR02RN
11-12-2010, 04:07 PM
Rene,
I see what your'e saying, however the kit came as shown and I installed is as per those instructions. I will look into it though, thanks mate for creating yet more work for me!!! :)

454bug
11-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Welcome to the site!

VERY clean car and everything tastefully done... :1st:

It sure would take some time getting used to shifting with the left hand!!

neki67
11-13-2010, 03:11 AM
Rene,
Thanks mate for creating yet more work for me!!! :)

Well, my pleasure! It's always nice to share the same kinda misery!

And 'bout the end links: if you feel they're up to the job and you don't notice ill effects from it, I wouldn't put it too high on my to-do list(s).

killer67
11-13-2010, 01:02 PM
Love the Monaro's - saw a Monaro/GTO the other day in South Florida - nicer than than pontiac counterpart! Nice car

srh3trinity
11-13-2010, 02:11 PM
Awesome car, it has some great lines. What is the 5.0L out of? I like the center exiting exhaust.

Northeast Rod Run
11-13-2010, 02:23 PM
Nice looking car.

I never really paid too much attention to the Monaro until after I bought my 2004 GTO. Once I started researching them more, I realized that you guys have a lot of cool stuff, that I wish came over here to the states. The Ute being one of my favorites.

Seems like GM has a lot of the cool stuff down there in Oz.

PR02RN
11-13-2010, 03:49 PM
Thanks Ray

Welcome to the site!

VERY clean car and everything tastefully done... :1st:

It sure would take some time getting used to shifting with the left hand!!

PR02RN
11-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Thanks Stephen,
The motor is out of another GM product down here called a Commodore, like the Lumina you guys have. The Jury is still out on the pipes though, I was thinking of moving the to in front of the diff...thanks for the comments though, cheers

Awesome car, it has some great lines. What is the 5.0L out of? I like the center exiting exhaust.

PR02RN
11-13-2010, 04:34 PM
Thanks TJ,
The envy works both ways mate, cravin the Camaro's, Ponty's that you guys have, and the masses of aftermarket gear you have is just nuts, panels, rear suspension clips, chassis upgrade gear. Any of that stuff we need to make ourselves. I spent so many hours searching the net and talking to people to find all the parts I needed to complete my car, it was seriously just a shell! The amount of nuts, clips, bolts, brackets and what nots that are in a car is amazing, even if it is 40+ years old.
Nice looking car.

I never really paid too much attention to the Monaro until after I bought my 2004 GTO. Once I started researching them more, I realized that you guys have a lot of cool stuff, that I wish came over here to the states. The Ute being one of my favorites.

Seems like GM has a lot of the cool stuff down there in Oz.

Mike Holleman
11-13-2010, 04:36 PM
Real neat car. Looks like you had a fun project. Now what's next.
Mike

PR02RN
11-13-2010, 04:44 PM
I love 'em too Frenando,
Is your avatar your car? Looks freekin sweeeeeet mate, tasty:)

Love the Monaro's - saw a Monaro/GTO the other day in South Florida - nicer than than pontiac counterpart! Nice car

PR02RN
11-13-2010, 04:52 PM
Thanks Mike,
What next.....well the problem is down here that a lot of our sixties muscle cars are stuffed with rust. Our metals were not the quality of your in that periods and combined with our coastal living, high humidity and lack of numbers built, they are super hard to find. In all honesty I want to put mine back on the rack, chnage the colour, and do the engine mods I want sometime in the next twelve months, so for the moment I want to enjoy it over summer then do it all again. I have wanted this car all my grown up life so I'm going to hang on to it with both hands, cheers mate
P.S: How do I get a look at some pics of your ute on this site?

Real neat car. Looks like you had a fun project. Now what's next.
Mike

killer67
11-14-2010, 07:41 PM
I love 'em too Frenando,
Is your avatar your car? Looks freekin sweeeeeet mate, tasty:)

Hey Dan,

It will be mine when it gets finished..