PDA

View Full Version : Rear Shock sizes

zuess4u
11-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Im sure this has been beat to death, but here we go.

We just got a rear shock relocate bar from SmithRacecraft..(install pics soon)...the upper shock mount looks like it only looses about 2", due to the design. The goes through the sheet metal just inside of the frame rails.

The car will be 3" lower then stock, once on the ground...do we need to find a shock 5" shorter then stock compressed shock? We only want to purchase a shock once....lol

any input?

zuess4u
11-11-2010, 12:29 PM
^^^^^^^^^sorry 67 camro ^^^^^^^^^^

MrQuick
11-11-2010, 07:41 PM
...the same one? LOL, just kidding.

I would wait to get the rear mounts in then calculate the shock length. You want to have a 5-7" range of travel availiable.

zuess4u
11-12-2010, 06:39 AM
LMAO...yeah yeah, lets just say I took a little more then a year off from the car....I hear the same from family members and so called friends.

Well, my thought is, and I may be wrong....in order to de-arch the leaf springs to just the height, Im only guessing the full weight of the car needs to be there? IF that is the case then Id like to have the shocks I would be using when I take the car to the spring shop.

Further more I have two NEW TO THE MARKET parts I wanted to introduce to the site and would like to have a decent set of shocks, in the photos, but I guess I can use an old set or whatever......Regardless the site will see me again soon....lol

MrQuick
11-12-2010, 09:22 PM
LMAO...yeah yeah, lets just say I took a little more then a year off from the car....I hear the same from family members and so called friends.
ahhhaaawhoaaa? harsh! LOL just kidding, good to see you are back.

Well, my thought is, and I may be wrong....in order to de-arch the leaf springs to just the height, Im only guessing the full weight of the car needs to be there? IF that is the case then Id like to have the shocks I would be using when I take the car to the spring shop. be best to get full weight, yes

Further more I have two NEW TO THE MARKET parts I wanted to introduce to the site and would like to have a decent set of shocks, in the photos, but I guess I can use an old set or whatever......Regardless the site will see me again soon....lol

cool....whatcha got cookin..... new email.... [email protected] web site www.dreamspeedmotors.com

zuess4u
11-15-2010, 08:04 AM
Well,

just waiting for the site to be done....but for now...I can tell you...fully adjustable gas pedal, shock relocate kit ( not new but needs to be introduced to this site), some awsome spring perches, and a new bolt in four link/cradle...more then likely after Thanksgiving. There are some other parts as well...but those are the ones that are ready.

Im just going to use some old shocks to show instalation pictures on this relocate bar, Ill find the ones I need once the car has all the weight on the ground, and the springs are de-arched.

Just finished my little shop/ man cave in the back....didnt want to touch the car until that was done...so yeah that took up some time as well...Ill check out your site...good to hear from you.

zuess4u
11-15-2010, 11:12 AM
Hey Vince,

here is a taste of one of the NEW products...fully adjustable, mounts in stock location 1st gen Camaros, could mount in other models as well.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif see if I did this right

zuess4u
11-15-2010, 11:14 AM
lol..try this..?

MrQuick
11-17-2010, 11:33 PM
very nice....you got a machine shop now?

zuess4u
11-22-2010, 12:07 PM
I wish I had the time for a machine shop.

No Im looking to help out a company that seems to have quality products, great customer service and has some interesting new parts comming out.

If things take off well, Ill be their "guy in the field"...lol...so yeah we may meet up at some event if things go well.