PDA

View Full Version : Thanks again for a wonderful event!

Bill Howell
11-09-2010, 12:57 PM
First, to Cam, Jimi, FM3, Ryan, Kristen, all the volunteers, sponsors and all the others that worked so hard to make this happen, I really appreciate all the hard work that went into making this a success.
Now, as far as my performance....not so good..haha
I did manage to finish 20th on the road course portion and got the final point, so I was happy with that. Considering it was an improvement over last year's time and the fact that there were a lot more competition this time, I was happy to finish in the points. Speed/Stop is tough when you are driving a boat and no excuse for my Autocross, I absolutely blew that portion.
However, I did not go looking to win, I just wanted to be a part of one of the biggest events in our piece of the hot rodding scene again this year and left happy to have been a part of it. I really think with the real TV personalities this year, we will get a much better show and hopefully it will help draw the masses in the car world to start paying attention to this thing we know as Protouring.
I challenge everyone to pay attention to the event schedule this coming year once all the dates get sorted and make an effort to attend at least one. You never know, you could end up with an invite to next year's event. It was truely rewarding to see so many cars there this year that had attended events from all over the country this this season. Even Mark, the eventual winner got his invite at the Motorstate event.
Thanks again guys for a wonderful time.

tommycomfort
11-09-2010, 03:24 PM
I couldn't have said it better myself. Just to be a part of such a group of cars and to travel across country with the "Rat Pack" was an experience we will never forget. Tied for 39th with eight other cars is a little more than disappointing, but I'll work on that...
Tom

DLinson
11-09-2010, 07:22 PM
I agree with Bill, thanks for a great event. I wish I could have done better on the road coarse and autocross. Thankfully they had a design event where I got most of my points. My oil pressure was around 20 psi going around turns 1 and 2 so I had to go slow in those so I wouldn't starve the engine. I'd rather be safe than trash an engine. After watching Mark's video, it makes it clear I need help with the driving skills. I should have dove deeper into the corners, used more of the track, if it wasn't for them leaving the apex cones left on the corners after the driving school, I would have missed those too. The whole 1600 mile drive home I kept thinking "what if...." If only I would have adjusted the shocks differently, or did this or that or... I just need to do more of these events so I get more experiance.

It was all tons of fun and we got to meet more new people which is always good. I brough my friend Jim with me, I'm hoping he will get this bug and join me at these events when he gets his done.

See you all at next event, can't wait.

Dennis

tazzz25906112
11-10-2010, 05:37 AM
Bill hit the nail on the head,,,, the events around the country all season long are a blast and really should be on your bucket list if possible... Now the Optima is just like hitting the lotto,,,,, get an invite and attend this event and it'll all come into focus real quickly....

Cam, Jimi,FM3, and all the the individuals that make this possible are truly incredible people and so is the event (and being in Nevada at this time of year ain't bad either LOL)....