PDA

View Full Version : Time Attack Monday - December 6 at Perris, CA

79-TA
11-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Hey, have any of the others who have attended a Time Attack Tuesday event at Adam's Motorsports park received the folliwing email?

Hi! This is Fingerz. You should know me. I'm the one who puts on Time Attack Tuesday. I just wanted to let you know I'm putting on a NEW EVENT at Perris Fairgrounds at the Go-Kart Track and I'm invitting you. It's my first event there so come and check it out: Momday, December 6th. Track opens at 4:30p. $2 entrance fee. If you want to try the track, $8 dollars will get you 3 laps between 5:00p & 6:00p. If you want to drive from 6:00p to 9:00p it's $50 for unlimited laps. I only have 40 driving spots for 6:00p to 9:00p. You can call me at 951-756-9287. If you want to get on the list to drive call ASAP cuz spaces are going fast. Hope to see you there. Bring your friends.
Thank you, Mike "Fingerz" Garcia

$2 to get in; $8 drive 3 laps 5:00p to 6:00p; $50 drive unlimited laps 6:00p to 9:00p

If not, there it is. This is kind of a lousy date for me as it is pretty near finals, but I'm still looking at going. Anyone else in?

Bryce
11-09-2010, 06:23 AM
Interesting, can you drive your own car? or is this a go-kart only track?

Nessumsar
11-09-2010, 09:09 AM
Run what ya brung.

Perris huh? Early next month huh?

Matt@BOS
11-09-2010, 10:54 AM
I got that email yesterday too. Does anyone have any information on the track? I seem to remember Rob made it out to Perris for something several weeks ago, but I could be wrong.

I'd be interested in going. Monday isn't the best day for me, but I could probably make it work.

Also, is anyone thinking of heading out to Adams again?

Matt

79-TA
11-09-2010, 11:22 PM
What I've heard about the track is that it is smaller than AMP, but newer and smoother.

RobNoLimit
11-10-2010, 09:19 AM
Hey, I've been there, and this should be fun. It's about the same total length per lap, but a more technical layout. A few elevation changes, and a center-straight slalom. A mix of flat, on camber, and of camber corners. Monday, dec 6th is a first time test event. If all goes well, this could shape up to be a great venue for 2011. For 60 bucks total, you can run from 5 - 9 pm. Lighting is good, no blid entries. Hope to see you guys there.

Bryce
11-10-2010, 10:31 AM
Run what ya brung.

Cool, I may have to try and get the rear susepnsion done.

79-TA
11-19-2010, 10:59 PM
Well I can't make it. Both cars are down and I have run out of weekends on which I could work on things. Heh, I could take the Oldsmobile, but I need to keep one car running reliably.

79-TA
12-05-2010, 04:39 PM
So, anyone heading up to this event tomorrow?

RobNoLimit
12-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Here's the tuesday Race Report. I went to the first Monday Madness at Perris Speedway last night. #1. traffic on the 215 sucks. #2. check in was a bit confused, but it was the first time, so I'l give 'em a break. #3. Currently (and for how long nobody knows) the pit/staging area is dirt, and not well lit. Thats probably the biggest downer. #4. The track. I checked with a tape, 33 - 35 ft wide all around, up to 40 ft in some corners. Two long straights, about as long as the back straight at Adams. At first they were 2nd gear runs, then became 3rd gear romps as I got more comfortable. 70/75 mph may be near the top speed, and make the corner anyway. There are two elevation changes, both that can (read did) cause traction loss coming over the top. The interior section is technical and fun, and with a little guts, a few of the sections can be tied together and drifted for sport. It was fun, but didn't help lap times. I ran a few 52 sec laps, with 50 sec being really fast. A WRX on track tires with a real driver ran a 47.88. They let him go out solo and run 6 laps to see what was possible, lap 5 was the fast run, and was something to watch. Looks like there will be some dates coming in the spring. I'll keep you posted.