PDA

View Full Version : RTTH VII Dates??

dropit69
11-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Bill i know you are having a full few weeks with sema and optima but they are starting to drw vacations where i work for next year and i know you want to move RTTH to another time in Sept or early OCT ..just wondering if ya figured it out yet???? i dont wanna miss this event ever..

wiedemab
11-08-2010, 01:43 PM
I saw where Indy GG is the 3rd week in Sept. now (I think??). I would love for these two events to not be on the same weekend this year!

dropit69
11-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Yeah that was problem with last 2 RTTH it was same weekend as GG joliet ..had to miss it and also alot of vendors had to split duties..but sure BIll will come up with something good..

Tucks69
11-08-2010, 04:31 PM
I am glad somebody else asked first this year! LOL I to would like to know.

GeoffP
11-08-2010, 07:06 PM
I'm hoping for an October date...it would be nice for a little cooler weather (and a date that would have LESS traffic). I will be there for sure and participate all three days if I can at all help it.

protouring70
11-10-2010, 06:14 AM
October would be cooler! Hopefully he will pop in here in the next few days.

RS_Customs
11-12-2010, 07:59 AM
I'm hoping for an October date...it would be nice for a little cooler weather (and a date that would have LESS traffic). I will be there for sure and participate all three days if I can at all help it.

Not sure you would want it in oct, that would effect tire temps a lot, in a bad way.

Robert

TonyBolton
11-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Well, it's 70 degree's over here right now..... in November. ;)

RS_Customs
11-12-2010, 10:26 AM
Well, it's 70 degree's over here right now..... in November. ;)

LOL, ya down here too, but was in the 40's the other day. I guess I should have posted about the inconsistency of the temps and weather in October and November.

I haven't seen you post any pictures, did you get you new wheels for the mustang yet?

Robert

tommycomfort
11-12-2010, 10:31 AM
I know when we were at SEMA Bill was looking at all the GoodGuys dates along with others to try to de-conflict RTTH and other events. Obviously we would like to be able to attend GG Indy since it is in our backyard. Get together at the Farrington's!
Tom

TonyBolton
11-12-2010, 10:45 AM
LOL, ya down here too, but was in the 40's the other day. I guess I should have posted about the inconsistency of the temps and weather in October and November.

Yea, it's like 30 in the morning then 70 by 12. ;) Heavy coats then shorts!

I haven't seen you post any pictures, did you get you new wheels for the mustang yet?

Robert

I wanted some 17's and the style I wanted wasn't going to be available until late October. The wheels are being built as we speak(type). Can't wait to try'em out at RTTH........just not like LAST time! :)

Bad94
11-12-2010, 03:10 PM
The only things about oct here is the 1st 2 weekends theres 3 good shows/events that we go too, but not as fun as RTTH's.

I know when we were at SEMA Bill was looking at all the GoodGuys dates along with others to try to de-conflict RTTH and other events. Obviously we would like to be able to attend GG Indy since it is in our backyard. Get together at the Farrington's!
Tom

Tom when i seen they moved to the speedway, i was glad. Im ready. Hope to have the nova ready.

Derek69SS
11-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Not sure you would want it in oct, that would effect tire temps a lot, in a bad way.Street tires aren't that bad in the cold... up here we autocross in 40deg weather every spring and fall, and they do OK. The R-compound guys don't like it, but the street tire guys don't mind too much. Street tires are more prone to overheating in the hot weather though, if there's not much cool-down time between.

The only thing I'd suggest is that if it's that late in the year, do bigger grids with a morning and an afternoon session... not fair to the guys doing their runs in the morning at 35deg and then the afternoon guys at 60deg.

Obviously we would like to be able to attend GG Indy since it is in our backyard. Get together at the Farrington's!
Tom
How many beds do you have? :cheers:

dropit69
11-26-2010, 03:50 PM
Bill have you decided on date yet?..im getting really close to being called to put in my vacations..

tommycomfort
11-26-2010, 04:20 PM
How many beds do you have? :cheers:

Sorry Derek, somehow I missed this post! We have a nice spare room with a queen size bed and we can throw the kids out of their rooms too. If we ever stop working on the car projects and work on the house remodel we'll have tons of room for all our Pro-touring friends!

Yelcamino
12-30-2010, 04:58 PM
Are we any closer to locking down a date for this?

pharmd
03-12-2011, 07:49 PM
Tentative date looks like September 23-25....

http://www.ridetech.com/info/event-schedule-2011/

Steve Firebird
03-13-2011, 06:11 AM
The Fall Grand Rod Run is the week end before right? If that's the case I will think very hard about going again.

pharmd
03-13-2011, 06:40 PM
The Fall Grand Rod Run is the week end before right? If that's the case I will think very hard about going again.
Grand Rod run is the Sept 15-19th
http://www.pigeonforge.com/event/#September_2k1

317millhand
08-07-2011, 08:49 AM
Why is this not on the same weekend as the Grand Run this year?

317millhand
08-07-2011, 08:51 AM
disregard previous post. I found my answer in another thread. That really sucks for us "spectators" Have fun guys.

dropit69
08-07-2011, 03:20 PM
there is pleny to do in pigeon forge and gatlinberg..without having 10,000 cars on the parkway...that was fun but got old after 5 years..